Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:23:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deadcoins  (Read 646 times)
SeksiStarlord (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:50:25 AM

Hey everybody,

I just discovered http://deadcoins.com/
A nice website with all cryptotokens ever that are already dead. The list is so huuge lol. Unfortunately not complete many information missing.

And since I am new to this universe I dont know all of them but I want to try to add some information over the time to this site.

My idea is to write here in this thread about interesting coins from the past which are already dead and a small anecdote (for example biggest pump, scam, nice logo design etc)
Some small histories only so that we will collect here the history about old not existing coins. So that they wont be lost!

Would appreciate your help guys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cointabo

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:03:57 AM

Hey everybody,

A nice website with all cryptotokens ever that are already dead. The list is so huuge lol. Unfortunately not complete many information missing.

And since I am new to this universe I dont know all of them but I want to try to add some information over the time to this site.

My idea is to write here in this thread about interesting coins from the past which are already dead and a small anecdote (for example biggest pump, scam, nice logo design etc)
Some small histories only so that we will collect here the history about old not existing coins. So that they wont be lost!

Would be nice if you work on compiling an up-to-date dead coins list. Also its good to remember that dead, abandoned coins receive crazy 3000% pumps out of nowhere.  Tongue
sonhatq

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:08:40 AM

Hey everybody,

Thanks
it's useful to me

ETHEREUM PRIME | FUTURE OF TOMORROW
NO ICO | NO CROWDFUNDING = FAIR DISTRIBUTION
HomePageTwitterAnnThread
Lucky_U

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:21:56 AM

Hey everybody,

Thank's for website. Will search it for some coins from past.
profit59

Activity: 826
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:14:45 AM

Good work guys! It is necessary to create a register for dead coins. So that people mistakenly did not buy sand for themselves. This site is analogous to Coinmarketcap only in the negative side
perazdera

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:58:57 AM

Nice man, thank you for this info. This can show you that only small percent of the coins will survive.
ThomasDEUTcoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:29:58 AM

what to do if i hold a dead coin for example from an airdrop. how can i get a dead coin out of my wallet?
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:38:42 AM

I think there will be a lot of eTOKEN coins going on that list pretty soon.

One I can think of off the top of my head is eLTC2 - the tagline should be something along the lines of "It wasn't original and wasn't worth shit, the dev made his money then dumped and split"

And eLTC3 - "Another fake litecoin worth even less, the dev still says hes working but if you want my guess, he came in cash out and ran from the market, sell it for what you can dont try to park it"
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:41:19 AM

When is a coin considered a dead coin? When the network isn't active anymore (e.g. nobody is mining/minting) or maybe when there are no exchanges?

There have been many coins which have been on the brink of being dead only to be revived in a big pump.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:10:07 AM

this is a really long list. from one of the coins i still have some. Phicoin. i never bought them. i received bounty-coins and experimented with mining.

well but after i started the wallet i am not sure if this coin is really dead. my wallet has a connection and block are being downloaded.

and it stopped here: Wed Oct 18 02:52:42 2017
EasyCrypto

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:12:50 AM

usefull thanks!
ZoonearNTR

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:27:23 AM

Yes it nice to have these kind of websites.So that people stop investing their money in to dead scams.
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 11:42:34 AM

I was looking for a collective list of dead altcoins, thank you but it will be more useful if you add altcoins that are getting worse
SeksiStarlord (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:13:23 AM

Please contribute guys if you can! Smiley

When is a coin considered a dead coin? When the network isn't active anymore (e.g. nobody is mining/minting) or maybe when there are no exchanges?

There have been many coins which have been on the brink of being dead only to be revived in a big pump.

I would say so yes, when the network is dead and not active anymore. You can always trade OTC

I was looking for a collective list of dead altcoins, thank you but it will be more useful if you add altcoins that are getting worse

You know that a dead altcoin is just dead, it makes no sense to add coins that "are getting worse"
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:16:49 AM

Hey everybody,

That's a really nice resource. Will be interesting to note which dead coins get insane 1000% pumps every now and again!
djvenz13

Activity: 311

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:15:00 AM

I think, your website is too mainstream, you may have to add something so as not to seem boring to others who are looking at your website
such as adding a list of shittoken, comment fields in each coin, and others

Goodluck  Grin
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:37:34 AM

I think, your website is too mainstream, you may have to add something so as not to seem boring to others who are looking at your website

Goodluck  Grin
I think that web is not owned by op because he uses the word "discovered", which means he found the web.
but beyond that I think the dead coins no need to be discussed again.
SeksiStarlord (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:12:24 AM

Goodluck  Grin
I think that web is not owned by op because he uses the word "discovered", which means he found the web.
but beyond that I think the dead coins no need to be discussed again.

yes its not mine, and I think its a cool idea and would be cool to have a website with every dead coin just to show other people now or in next years how big the whole blockchain/token univerese was and is..
hgmarral

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:37:00 AM

Is there a universally accepted definition of what a dead coin is? A coin which is not worth anything at all? An untradeable coin?
CoinOverlord

Activity: 52

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:49:38 AM

Hey everybody,

HAHA StableCoin is on the list! I FUCKING DEDICATED 5 MONTHS OF MINING TIME IN 2013-2014 TO THIS SHIT. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still gained some money from mining some other coins, but man. Fuck. I thought StableCoin was really going to pull off and be a really successful coin. Man I was lied to. DECEIVED.

Look at this coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227766.0

LOOOK AT IT. IT WAS SO COMPELLING AT THE TIME! OMGGGGGG. I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO THE MOOOOON. BUT IT DIDN'T.

IT FUCKING DIED.

I HAD HUNDREDS MAYBE THOUSANDS OF STABLECOINS. I WAS SO HAPPY TO BE HOLDING THEM. EVERY NIGHT I WOULD LOOK AT MY STABLECOIN PILE AND SMILE. RED AND BEAUTIFUL.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: