Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Bitcoin ATMs?  (Read 1303 times)
rickyleatham

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Get your share of the future

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:12:31 PM

threre has been many Bitcoin ATMs in my country, however, there few people willing to use them because they charge fees so high making us dont want to use them the second times, instead we exchange them into money and withdraw money to ATM card to use, however, i can not deny the benefits of bitcoin ATM, but i hope one day there will be more bitcoin ATM and their fees will drop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:38:24 PM

There is one in my city, the local online exchange has set it up and the fees are reasonable, 6% as much as I remember. Used it once and never again.
Same like you I also hear it for the first time and now I am very excited about bit coin ATM and I wish that it should be implemented in my country and I am looking forward to experience using of bit coin ATM and I will definitely use it when bit coin ATM will be in my country I hope to see bit coin ATM in the near future.

calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:38:25 PM

I think the existence of the bitcoin atm very well if it is realized and installed in several countries due to the presence of bitcoin atm that makes us in exchange transactions bitcoin directly (for those who do not believe online) especially for the new user. make it easy for us to get the appropriate cash local currency via atm and bitcoin unnecessary difficulty finding enough foreign money exchange digital money into local currency. bitcoin atm this will really help and make technological advances that are qualified in the present nor the future.

catapult

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:02:25 PM

I have never seen a bitcoin atm before in real life but I've seen a few videos about them, and the users have not been satisfied because of the high fees. I think they are just helping to increase the bitcoin's popularity now. People have to be very careful about the exchange rates before using that machines, because you can make a really bad trade unconsciously by that machines. I think that technology must be improved and the ways of reducing the high fees must be found.
cryptoid2017

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:03:30 PM

In case you would like to check if there is a crypto ATM in your city, you can try coinatmradar.com, pretty good for overview, but not all crypto ATMs are there.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
BlazAlt

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:11:26 PM

Its gonna take a smart man to find a way to make bitcoin ATMs operate at low fees and still make money,so they would be usable for real purposes not just for experience. But they do have potential. Personaly i rather use the crypto exchanges to buy what I need.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:14:15 PM

well, I guess bitcoin ATMs can make it easier for bitcoin users to use their bitcoins. but, to date, its existence is not so much, perhaps because of at least support from within. well, i hope it is also soon in my city.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:24:57 PM

Have you ever used one? What were the fees and the experience like, and would you use one again? Is there one nearby where you live?

I have not used one and I don't think I am going to use any for several reasons though:

1. Visa and MasterCard have stopped their support to ATMs backed by crypto currency in my region at this maybe in the future they may revisit their decision.

2. Even if they revisit their decision, I still won't use it because of the implicit charges embedded in it which to me, is too expensive for someone like me to bear. From the site that will load it fee, the card maintenance fee, the local bank ATM fee which will be on the high side because its going to be treated as using foreign ATM in a local setting.
Joyceshiroor
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:51:50 PM

Bitcoin ATMs are out ? Atleast as per my knowledge they are  not yet in my country but I am really looking forward to have bitcoins ATMs and it would be fun to do Bitcoin transactions
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:59:31 PM

Have you ever used one? What were the fees and the experience like, and would you use one again? Is there one nearby where you live?

Yes I used one , is one in my country , I usually use one than banks . But here is a small issue , all atms have big fees than transfering money in banks accounts . I would like the all atms to have same fees with transfering money banks
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:59:43 PM

Just to claim bitcoin that instant, I can imagine that the transaction fees would be significant, unlike transferring online which you can choose how fast the transactions will be.

Mmizan0909

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:14:00 PM

Ini merupakan suatu hal yang sanggat luar biasa.anda dengan mudah dapat menarik bitcoin anda disaat keperluan mendesak
TonyFat

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 01:51:58 PM

large commissions

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Boseda

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:21:43 PM

They're only good for being used as a billboard for Bitcoin.

I'd never use one to buy or sell bitcoin, the fees are incredibly high...it's insulting to us! Bitcoin is meant to be an alternative to a fee heaving currency system. Any mechanism that drives up fees for a transaction is bad for Bitcoin.

So are you saying Bitcoin itself is bad for Bitcoin? Bitcoin is designed to have fees and so the "mechanism" that drives up fees for a transaction is already in the Bitcoin algorithm.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:51:38 PM

I think that bitcoin is ATMs is very good. Because Nowadays ATMs for Bitcoin are made just for fun and advertising purposes since the fees are just unbelievably higher! But I'm quite sure that we are going to see more of them in the future and when there is more competition - the fees will go down. It is a bright idea so government must support it.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:54:42 PM

There is no Bitcoin's ATMs in my country, but I heard about them from some friends. It seems useful if you need urgently to convert your BTC into cash, but it is also having very high fees.
Currently I am using the bitcoin's debit cards to withdraw bitcoin in fiat currency whenever I need this. I am also holding good part for the future purposes.
Traslavin

Activity: 461

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:03:53 PM

well, I guess bitcoin ATMs can make it easier for bitcoin users to use their bitcoins. but, to date, its existence is not so much, perhaps because of at least support from within. well, i hope it is also soon in my city.
Bitcoin ATM's is so much favorable to any bitcoin traders and miners. It will make the life of users easier especially when it comes that they are going to use their coin directly at least no hassle, no worries and less worries at the same time. If it would be effectively operate soon i am one who will be much appreciate it.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Faith Joy

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:06:32 PM

There is a bit of complexity around bitcoin buying, selling, trading and storing. At least from simplicity prospective, it will be useful. As claimed, you can keep equivalent of bitcoin, something like bearer instrument in the form of QR code printed on paper.

I guess this is true. It might be the simplest way for newbies to get their first bitcoins since they'll be skipping steps on exchanges and the like. This might be its most useful function.

Precisely not only to get Bitcoin, but also make it easier for beginners who have Bitcoin and exchange their Bitcoin with an existing ATM machine, to make money in their own country, so people who do not understand to exchange their Bitcoin on online exchange sites, Simply Easy, come to the ATM machine, they can exchange it there.
I guess it is essential and wise to have bitcoin ATMs because  I have used Bitcoin ATM before because of curiosity, the time of transaction was fast and it is very user friendly, you can also see some instructions on how to use it but I'm not planning to use it ever again because it charges big amount of percentage of Bitcoin you transacted. It also hard to locate Bitcoin ATMs here in my location and if you found one sometimes it's not functioning. It is very good.
Fen1X

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:11:16 PM

I don't think these bitcoin ATMs will last very long, but for now they are useful as a way to advertise bitcoin and as to get to know (the existence of) bitcoin.
But once bitcoin would get more widespread and know by the common people, I don't see the need for them any longer.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:18:36 PM

I think it is not an automated teller machine per se but is similar to a vending machine. It is because you do not get money from it (from your own Bitcoins/Bitcoin wallet) but you are in fact buying Bitcoins. "Buying" here means you still do not own it. It is just like a physical store where you can buy Bitcoins should you desire to purchase one. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: