Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:57:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which is the best to store alt coins in offline wallet  (Read 634 times)
mailsforcyr (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:17:53 PM

Hi experts
which is the best to store alt coins in offline wallet.
I invested on different  coins like DGB,SC,Ripple,LTC,ETH.. i want to store this all into secure in offline ..Please any one suggest me is there any app or tool to store this all in offline or paper wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:30:41 PM

Well i think that the best way to store your altcoins is in an offline wallet.. but if you are using ERC20 tokens why dont you store them on your MyEtherWallet? That wallet is supersafe, i have been using it since i have memory of my tokens, they have incredible security layers and you will probably never be hacked unless that someone got access to your private key.
And you can connect your trezor with myetherwallet, so if you are looking to buy one, you can use both of them.
Good luck

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:39:43 PM

I store my wallets in myeth. And all those private key is in offline storage which is very safe. Actually. My etherwallet is bery safe.be sure not to give your pk to anybody.
Exister

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:51:29 PM

Id say if ur going to use MEW u might as well get a hardware wallet cause those use MEW for all the ethereum protocol stuffs.

That way u dont have to expose your private key ever

Hardware wallets also support addresses for other cryptos  definitely LTC

You can also consider putting your other wallets inside of an encrypted container file

Wheneve ur using a wallet thats not compatible with your hardware wallet though you will have to enter either passwords or private keys with keyboard or copy pasting or whatever and thats a security risk.

Oh and another way u can increase security is to separate your holdings into multiple addresses to increase the number of targets attacker would have to get into.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:52:18 PM

Hi experts
I invested on different  coins like DGB,SC,Ripple,LTC,ETH.. i want to store this all into secure in offline ..Please any one suggest me is there any app or tool to store this all in offline or paper wallet
Every coin has its own wallet but currently i know only one special wallet that can store bitcoin and many other major altcoins and tokens as well.
It is Coinomi.com , a very secure all in one wallet. Coinomi has also an instant internal exchange.
At coinomi.com, no KYC verification is needed, 💯% anonymity
cryptohome

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 04:57:34 PM

Good thread mate, was searching for the same.

Always thought why not Myetherwallet had something like 2 factor Authentication along with the private key.

With so many phishing emails in the name of MEW seems so scary. Will follow this post closely for best suggestions to keep the wallet safe, not that I hold a lot but one day I will  Tongue .
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:14:50 PM

I will ask you about something - what is your main goal and priority - being safe or lack of hassle while managing your coins?
You want to use one multi-currency wallet to keep your coins in the same place and the same time you want 'paper wallet' level of security?
I would simply use the best respective software wallets and not multiwallets, online wallets.
I agree that this might be a bit tiresome in practice but in the end, there is no single point of failure and that is what counts the most, right?
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

Hi experts
I invested on different  coins like DGB,SC,Ripple,LTC,ETH.. i want to store this all into secure in offline ..Please any one suggest me is there any app or tool to store this all in offline or paper wallet
Use the official wallet of the alt platform you own, that's the best advice from me.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:40:01 AM

If you want to have all in one, I would reccommend coinomi (works with android). You can store most of your alts and make backup. You own also the private keys of each wallet. Maybe there is a pendant for PC with these features, but I don't know any.
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:56:39 PM

I think you can store it on exchange like Bittrex or Poloniex. I trust them and trust that yours coin safe there Cheesy
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:52:23 PM

I think you can store it on exchange like Bittrex or Poloniex. I trust them and trust that yours coin safe there Cheesy

He is asking for an offline wallet, not asking for an exchange. True Bitsler is trusted but Poloniex? After there were too many serious issues, I think people has started to leave them and move to other exchange.
@OP, are you looking for an offline wallet where you can store all your altcoin in 1 wallet? If so, I think it is hard to find it but you can use their official windows wallets. Most coins has their own windows/mac wallet, so you can install it one by one depends on what coins you are going to store.

Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:12:52 AM

Never store them on exchangers for a long time. Poloniex has even in its TOS, that customers have to trade and not to store their funds on it.
CryptoLD

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:18:23 AM

Offline wallets, cold storage, ... this sounds just a way to sell other stuff to make people feel secure.
Just write your private keys on a piece of paper, stored in a safe 6 feets underground, this is the safest and cheapest way to keep your cryptos.
loveselenagomez

Activity: 966

Cogwise

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:13:16 AM

Ethereum & all Erc20 token safe in Myetherwallet.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:27:57 AM

I don't know if you can call hardware wallets as offline wallets but I would recommend you to buy one of those if you have the money to shellout for it. The top two hardware wallets that I would recommend right now is Trezor and Ledger. I've beeng using Ledger in the past 7 months and I must say that they provide the service in a well-fashioned way. The developers behind them is very helpful with the questions that I have regarding the wallet and the community that use them is very huge. You can't go wrong in any of them.  Wink
christianBALE1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:29:18 PM

Hi experts
I invested on different  coins like DGB,SC,Ripple,LTC,ETH.. i want to store this all into secure in offline ..Please any one suggest me is there any app or tool to store this all in offline or paper wallet

electreum and blockchain wallets is the best for maintain secure. so you have to try once these wallets. electreum is more secure and safe wallet to saving money. so you have to try once to keep electreum wallet. in this wallet had more good advantages from this wallet to we have to exchanges easily. so it is better to use. in the market more wallets are available so try once and choose best wallet to keep your coins secure.
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:23:30 PM

If what you are looking for is security for the long term. Please try to use MyEtherWallet and Coinomi, they both support many coins and tokens currently.
Keep privates keys in a safe place, backing up to some offline media that are not connected to the internet network are much better.

traderethereum

Activity: 2828
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:59:12 PM

Hi experts

according to you question, i think you can choose coinomi or coinpayment wallet that available for the android phone but i don't know what wallet that support many coins for desktop computer. i am using that wallet too to store many coins in the one multi wallet so i don't need to have many wallet for each coins. but i think you can save the coins that really give some profit in a long term like ethereum, litecoin in one wallet like jaxx because jaxx support multi wallet too like coinomi and coin payment.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:12:09 PM

Hi experts

I suggest you to use Myeth. I my self use this offline wallet to save my coins. Its fast and secure with high security. You'll be never hacked unless someone got your private key. Just don't give them to any one if you want to save your coins from stealers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: