Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to accept bitcoin in my restaurant on a viable way?  (Read 364 times)
Volcano9k (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:00:54 PM

Hello, I have a restaurant and I want to accept bitcoin as alternative method of payment.

What is the best way to teach my waiters to receive the payment ? They are far from being tech friendly.

A printed QR code does the job?

Please give me tips to accept bitcoins on my Restaurant, keeping in mind that I want to hodl the coins that I get.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:46:44 PM

Make sure to check what is the most adviced fee price on the moment of the transaction, so you must order the customer to pay a minimum fee of X to have the transaction completed in few minutes. Using this site for an example: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Otherwise the customer can set a very low fee, go away and after sometime the transaction is rejected, he receives his money back and you receive nothing...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:38:21 AM

Hello, I have a restaurant and I want to accept bitcoin as alternative method of payment.

What is the best way to teach my waiters to receive the payment ? They are far from being tech friendly.

Please give me tips to accept bitcoins on my Restaurant, keeping in mind that I want to hodl the coins that I get.
You can use bitpay.com if I understand the service they offer, it seems you can receive payment in bitcoin and get cash in your bank account, if you want to avoid the volatility of the market, but if you instead want to keep bitcoin you can do as well, however I agree with what the previous user said you will need to insist in a good fee so the transaction is confirmed fast and you do not have to wait for hours for the payment.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:52:15 AM

Make sure to check what is the most adviced fee price on the moment of the transaction, so you must order the customer to pay a minimum fee of X to have the transaction completed in few minutes. Using this site for an example: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Otherwise the customer can set a very low fee, go away and after sometime the transaction is rejected, he receives his money back and you receive nothing...
as long as you know even if using a low fee to do bitcoin transactions, this is not possible in decline, only the problem in the hour when the confirmation time is long ,, if the fee is very low even can take up to a week ,, therefore try to use fee above average, so you avoid this kind of trouble
G2z_Riya

Activity: 217
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:11:10 AM

If confirmation of the transaction is not an issue, then can initiate the plans of generating QR code of the wallet and display it to the customers. They can just make transaction through the same. You can get it in the form of unconfirmed transactions letting you make use only after confirmation.
Jack353

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:21:09 AM

I would recommend that you use Bitpay because it will allow you to easily accept Bitcoin and the transaction fees of their Business account are quite low (1%).

Good luck and stay safe!  Tongue
babyshaun

Activity: 230
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:20:34 AM

i preffered coinbase if coinbase to coinbase transaction theres a no fee.. but coinbase is for US residences much better in your country whatis the best provider bitcoin exchanger. But the risk this is a 3rd party u cannot control ur bitcoin because u dont have a private key.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 05:31:55 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 07:48:24 PM by Bagaji

What you need to do at first is for you to place a notice at the entrance of your restaurant that WE ACCEPT BITCOIN HERE. And at the same time you need to teach your staff on how they should go about it since you have the knowledge already.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:11:33 AM

You need to learn it first, and keep in mind that paying with bitcoins have a transaction fee, your customer should also know that. After your familiarization and after you studied integrating the payment of bitcoin to your restaurant. You can now teach your staff, this will be effective and efficient also when it comes to the question of your staff you can directly answer them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: