Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem of nowadays ICOs  (Read 1764 times)
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:42:25 AM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?
Exactly! The problem is not actually on the part of the developers of these new coins and tokens. I have read a lot of ICOs' whitepapers and I have found out that most of these projects are actually interesting and could be a great help in meeting the needs of the people. For me, the problem is on the part of the people who are joining these ICOs.

For me, there are two main reasons why a ICO fails. The first reason is that people who join these ICOs don't actually read (or don't have any interest) in reading the whitepaper of the project. The whitepaper should actually be the first thing we should look at if we want to join an ICO. It contains all (or most) of the details about the purpose of the coin/token/project itself. This leads to misuse of the coin/token.

Second reason why most ICOs fail is because of "BUY NOW, SELL NOW" mentality of the holders. People tend to join in ICOs, buy a lot of tokens, and once these tokens are available for trade in exchanges, they sell their coins and tokens immediately. That will result to a pump and dump situation. The worst thing is that once all holders have sold their coins/tokens, the circulation of that certain /cointoken will stop leading to a huge drop in the price of the coin/token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:57:31 AM

yes, I agree with your statement, for an investor it is a risk that must be accepted, therefore, should an investor analyze in advance whether an ICO has a good prospect or not. so it will not harm the investor.

soonhy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:06:11 AM

I agree that many people now a days simply invested at ICOs without reading and they don't even know what they had invested. So my advice is try not to involve too many ICOs as we won't have so many times to monitor it. Just invested those potential good project ICOs.

Some ICOs really need to stay away especially for those intentionally just want to raise their money illegally and the project has totally no value at all.

The ban of ICO in China in fact is the good one and they want to have the regulation for those ICOs. With the regulation, I believe it is good for investor so that they won't invest in illegal or scam project.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

So far, the biggest problem of the ICO is still the problem of fraud and poor-quality selection of the project by his team. To eliminate possible risks, still need to regulate the conduct of the ICO. This may be state or public regulation, or their mixed forms of control. What is the use of blaming investors in this case? They already suffer from such ICO.

jibrelnetwork

Activity: 208

Jibrel - Traditional financial assets on-chain

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 02:01:52 AM

With ICOs it should be team, team and then team.

It's like VC funding on steroids. The most important element is team.
You need to be confident that the team is competent and trustworthy enough to deliver the project.

Which is why its scary that all these "We help you ICO" companies popped up. Because they hide the true competence of the team that will inevitably have to build and deliver the project / product.

Visit https://jibrel.com/ - an online alternative investing marketplace that aims to better connect global investors with some of the world's fastest-growing startup economies.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:59:54 AM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?

this is what happens, but if someone who has had a long experience and has been involved long enough on crypto they know what to do. but unfortunately for new investors. what you say completely I agree.
ruskytailz02

Activity: 289
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:16:40 AM

the main problem is those SOME of campaign managers who is making ICO bad in the eye of many people.. ICO is good way to introduce and raise funds but those scam managers making the ICO image bad.. thats why many of people thinking ICO is not proffitable and 90℅ of them making scams hahahah good for those scam managers ...

sime says quality
and build to trust by most of people
Judy90

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:45:23 AM

There are a lot of sketchy ITOs coming up recently. I'm usually looking at 4 main things in ITOs (+ a little bit of gut-feeling):

1. How is the team? Who are they? What are their goals?
2. Is there something behind their token sale i.e a solid implementation?
3. Market feedback, how do people react to it?
4. Token sale parameters: how many tokens and why the amount? How many tokens are sold? How much for the team? etc.

I found a quite interesting project some time ago. It's called GetGame.io (https://getgame.io), it's a blockchain based game development platform. I run it through my checklist and I think it's quite a promising project. It has a solid team and a solid purpose (to make game development easier and more accessible), they have a strong implementation (a platform for game devs with all the necessary tools), feedback is very positive and they are only issuing 500k tokens for the ITO, indicating that they value their backers and don't do it only for the quick money grab. I suggest you check it out yourself, their ITO starts on the 30th of November 2017. I personally have high hopes for this project.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 12:15:29 PM

The problem with most of the ICOs is the overvaluation of the projects, you can look back at most of the most successful ICOs in the space even if you look at Bitcoin, they all started small, all the projects with $100 million valuation have all underperformed in the market.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 832

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:22:42 PM

the main problem is those SOME of campaign managers who is making ICO bad in the eye of many people.. ICO is good way to introduce and raise funds but those scam managers making the ICO image bad.. thats why many of people thinking ICO is not proffitable and 90℅ of them making scams hahahah good for those scam managers ...

sime says quality
and build to trust by most of people

Could you please pointed out who is the managers that you are referring to? The last ICO that I know that pulled a stunt act is Confido. The bounty campaign manager is Atriz and he himself was also a victim. He invested 80% of what he was being paid so also lost in this scam. So I don't think that managers are giving ICO bad images. Even they can't even detect a scam ICO from the beginning that's why they accepted it in the first place. I guess it part of being a bounty or campaign managers, even though they are strict, they won't know if the project they have been managing will turn out to be a scam project at the end.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
keykey1

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:18:12 AM

Since ICOs appeared pretty recently, there are no rules are regulations concerning these projects. Dishonest people use it and make bubbles — they simply collect money and vanish, closing their social accounts even. There are about 4% of ICOs that give very good profit to investors, but they exist.
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:45:17 AM

Since ICOs appeared pretty recently, there are no rules are regulations concerning these projects. Dishonest people use it and make bubbles — they simply collect money and vanish, closing their social accounts even. There are about 4% of ICOs that give very good profit to investors, but they exist.

I agree, investing in a coin with a good product, transparency vision and better outlook of the team like the upcoming Roboadvisorcoin, SALT etc solidifies investor trust.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 11:57:38 AM

Recently everyone thinks ICO investment is a process of get quick rich scheme.

And it was proved in the initial months of 2017 where everyone who invested in ICOs are already got profited with 2 to 3 times profits on their investments.

But now it is difficult to get profits in ICO investments because lot of ICOs are not having any MVP or even not able to acheive their targets after funds has been raised.

CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:04:25 PM

I think the biggest problem of ICo nowadays it is quality of project and teams who wants just earn money. I'm crypto entuthiastic and im frustrated when I see such count of ICO, it's just a golden rush.
eiracube

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:20:01 PM

I think the biggest problem of ICo nowadays it is quality of project and teams who wants just earn money. I'm crypto entuthiastic and im frustrated when I see such count of ICO, it's just a golden rush.

I agree, you just need to know the question better. But the opportunity to get"easy" big money is in the air, so people sometimes just be blind.
hell3r

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:28:41 PM

I feel you. A lot of investors and newcomers to crypto are FOMOs. They rush and theyre confident with it cause they think they would earn so much profits just because theyre one of the pioneering investors, this is a good idea though but you should research. Pioneering is an amazing thing but being unawared of your invested project is a dangerous thing. In this era, you should really be picky with iCOs because there are bunch of them and 80-90% are scam. You would know if it really presents an interesting intention to the community.
nityans

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:34:40 PM

The main problem is bad preparation - some don't even have WP or roadmap, competitors analysis (and unique offer). And I found only one gaming project with live working app, right and clean WP. Maybe some of us know it - IQeon project
DIW

Activity: 476
Merit: 131

DIWtoken.com

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:37:20 PM

The first problem would be that ICO's dont' get enough credit anymore, due to the fact that there are too many scams. So called developers conjure up an idea to make money and unfortunately some members of the community become the victims of scams.

Secondly, not all ICOs have a real plan or concept. The ICOs whitepaper and roadmaps are not accurate, not achievable or legit. There is zero vision and no actual mission, ultimately the ICO will go nowhere. These types of ICOs usually do not finish successfully and hardly raise any funds to support their project.

Thirdly, ICOs nowadays have no experienced teams. Having a team, a solid Board of Members and Advisers is most definitely the number 1 element in any ICO. The team is what will make things happen in the project. They need to maintain the project, be supportive and thrive to make the ICO successful.

These are some important factors that need to be looked at.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:10:07 PM

Scammers are actually a thing right now but if you really look at the objectives of the ICOs and research or dig into it, you might be able to tell if it is a scam or not, probably.

ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:52:21 AM

The main problem is bad preparation - some don't even have WP or roadmap, competitors analysis (and unique offer). And I found only one gaming project with live working app, right and clean WP. Maybe some of us know it - IQeon project

You're right. Many do not have sufficient training despite a good idea. I saw a lot of good ideas, but they did not achieve the goal due to the fact that they could not properly design the project and make a good advertisement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: