Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem of nowadays ICOs  (Read 1764 times)
yourboss (OP)

Activity: 300
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:21:42 PM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:32:10 PM

Yeah i have a crap load of free tokens aswell but alot of them are just scams where the devs end up cashing in as soon ad they get listed. Boom crashes the coin. Then the next e coin comes oit and the cycle starts again. And along with these types og icos arenpeople joining to dump as soon ad possible to make a quick buck including the dev.

A good long lasting and promising airdrop alt coin is DeepOnion. Still giving out the free airdrop and there is constant developments

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
pogpog10

Activity: 251

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:37:12 PM

Nowadays ICOs are unfortunately not setting the expectations right. They are claming their ICO will be the best one , most profitable one etc.. What i look for in an ICO is being realistic about the project and setting their project on strong pillars. I prefer doable projects ratherdan dream sellers.

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:11:01 PM

For an ICO to be successfull it has to provide a need or service that is not already available or deliver it in a better way. It must have as any other product a USP, unique selling point.
Jenna_G

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:27:55 PM

I feel investors  are too lazy to do research. i'm sure we need to regulate all system, But i believe that smart projects and good investor will find each other after regulation even easier than now.
Meruem

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:35:50 PM

I feel investors  are too lazy to do research. i'm sure we need to regulate all system, But i believe that smart projects and good investor will find each other after regulation even easier than now.

Yep, you are more than right. One of the biggest problems of finding worthy investors is investor's laziness (and project member's laziness too). Most of them are not doing even simple researches of project to make assessments and estimations and to invest in. They are like a children - you need to chew all information for them and explain them most important details with simple words.. Of course it's not about all of them, but most of them..

So, I found out that the best way to maintain investors is communicating with them in real life. When they know you - they believe you more and trust you more (of course if your project is perspective).
ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 08:03:49 PM

A lot of newbies investors are this lazy, that´s why SEC and other countries are targeting the ICOs, because they know that seasoned and experienced investors do a minimum of research in what they want to invest. All successful investors know that due diligence is a more important part than the investment itself. If they ban amateurs from ICOs they won´t have to deal with prosecution after scams or failed ICOs that regular "don´t know what I am doing" Joes will invest and lose their hard earned money. Besides, seasoned investors know and understand the risks.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:05:26 PM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?

I agree with that. My suggest to people to not become emotionally attached to any coin, they need to do their own research and studying very well those project rather than throw the money into random selective of coins.
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:13:39 PM

The problem is that things move so fast in ICOs, and there are too many of them, so as soon as you discover a good ICO you have no time to do good reserarch.
nazzzzz

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:19:55 PM

I think that could be part of the problem, as same goes for all the other stablished projects around, people just wanna updates and news so they can sell their position at a higher value they have purchased and then move on to the next project. They dont care about the project, they care about the investment. Not to mention several ICOs here that don't fit in the blockchain tech and could be done with conventional systems years ago and are just recicled ideas.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
edynolan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:28:43 PM

That's the big problem some new investors are investing their money without knowing for sure the project he is following. some ICO projects proved a scam and made investors bit their fingers because of their stupid mistake. Indeed some ICOs make ordinary people get rich because their choice is right in choosing a good ICO and the projects they follow have clarity for the future.
Study their projects before buying their coins so as not to lose your money (investing without reading their goals just as you throw away your money)
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:35:25 PM

IMO the biggest problem around with 100s of new ICOs is that most devs are thinking adding 'blockchain' to any project is a miracle $$$ printing machine. They just want to collect money without solving any real problem and without need of blockchain in the project.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:41:17 PM

Yeah at this point it's just a greed machine. There doesn't have to be a coin for everything. All these ICOS are making it harder to find the real innovative coins like XtraBytes because they are buried under crap coins ICOS. These new ICOS companies really need to have something to offer instead of just selling an idea. They should have something substantial put together before even thinking about doing an ico.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 11:43:39 PM

Some ICO investors were HYIP investors before, so they only after with the ICO discount. But for me I am more after with the founders. If the owners are respected people from the finance market then the coin has a huge potential.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:10:30 AM

I think the problem is the ICO itself,  the are numerous of ICO which always claimed to be future currency and only a copycat coin and the quality of every thing is not good,  the developers only thing on how to gained a lot of money,  they don't think about make crypto currencies become a better currency,  and the investors only think short,  when they promised a huge promise they will spend their money to invest without proper research
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:19:44 AM

I consider the scenario directly proportional, mate. Because there are stupid investors who do things rush, there are projects created to especially target there people. Because there are gullible and weak investors that can easily be swayed by a few lines of marketing materials, there are scams created to especially get these kinds of people to shell out some money for investment. Investors should step up their ways in doing things and the quality of ICOs will follow.
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:33:13 AM

The problem with most new ICOs is a lack of a real-world product. They all give you the same blurb about being decentalized and how they are revolutionary and going to change the world, yet they do not have a useful product, and if they do, there's no legitimate business plan on how they will take over the world. Most don't even allocate a proper marketing budget outside of marketing to raise money for the ICO.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
razzbee

Activity: 182

Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:39:47 AM

The problem with most new ICOs is a lack of a real-world product. They all give you the same blurb about being decentalized and how they are revolutionary and going to change the world, yet they do not have a useful product, and if they do, there's no legitimate business plan on how they will take over the world. Most don't even allocate a proper marketing budget outside of marketing to raise money for the ICO.

Very true, before I invest into an ico , I always research if they have existing product and the uniqueness of the product
momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:53:40 AM

Yes, that's one factor as well. Buying or investing into a project without total knowledge will affect to situation of an ICO. Look those dumpers, it's very common in trading. After a coin hit the trading, they will immediately sell their coins since they have no knowledge how good the future of coins they have. But still for me, great factor are the bad projects nowadays.
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:24:14 AM

A lot of investors don't care about the chance of the project itself to reach the product goes live. Some project doesn't have the competence to make it becomes a real thing in the future. that's the main problem.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄