Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:40:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem of nowadays ICOs  (Read 1764 times)
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:39:34 AM

For an ICO to be successfull it has to provide a need or service that is not already available or deliver it in a better way.

The need now days of most of the coin that comes in the market does not exists actually. They just introduce the coin for their own benefit sake and think people will buy it and demand and price will go sky rocket and they will make it quick money. So many ICO and people are getting smarter as well to only handpick a good ICO coins only now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omnitudeorg

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:41:18 AM

You could say the same for any kind of investment that if you do not do the research you can't really be upset for a poor ICO.
jujugoboom

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:51:13 AM

The biggest problem is they raise too much money, Bancor raised 153 million usd but now is worth 80M usd. And bitcoin has tripled, so invested in Bancor makes investors huge bagholder in terms of BTC.
HertzCoin

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:59:48 AM

problems of nowadays ICO- they are really hard to be detected- if they are scams or not
some really nice projects may be taken as scams
and scams may be taken as nice projects
MirandaGreen12

Activity: 131
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:08:28 AM

I think that one of the most popular problems is relly scam ICo.. It's very difficult to find smth interesting at first and many projects dont wonna registrate or do their business throgh VC. And it doesnt inpire trust to intestors..

But if you know the projects who participate in ICO but they do it not the first time and they really proved their skills, honesty and a well collection of investors. I find the ARtoken by CAppasity this way)
dangdangdang

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 10:22:27 AM

Problem with ICOs nowadays are there are too many Altcoins and most of them are have lacking investors. Investors are the most important of every business and so as ICO.

margarete11

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:28:55 AM

You could say the same for any kind of investment that if you do not do the research you can't really be upset for a poor ICO.
Many ICO's looks legit but actuay not. That is why many investors has become very confuse when deciding whether the ICO was legit or a scam , usually scam projects talk more about their project mission and roadmap but dont show their true identity , I always doubt those ICO so I prefer those project that show their team member so I can check their profile if they are trustworthy or not
gregory51gosh

Activity: 364

Analysis is the key.

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 12:33:14 PM

Nowadays ICOs are unfortunately not setting the expectations right. They are claming their ICO will be the best one , most profitable one etc.. What i look for in an ICO is being realistic about the project and setting their project on strong pillars. I prefer doable projects ratherdan dream sellers.

Totally agree, some icos are promising life changing results but are giving extremely vague explanations on what it is they are actually doing.

Like a project tokenloyalty - i have asked them multiple times, what are you doing exactly? In response I get a video of a dog and random statements.

project like ASSETRON ENERGY - staright away i understood in simple terms that they will build a platform where people can invest into renewable energy projects using crypto, and vice versa, people can request to have their renewable projects invested into, so a peer to peer marketplace for renewable energy projects. As their tokens are the only ones that can be used on the system, the demand will grow as more projects are on the platform.

I dont need complex english on these ICOS, just to make them look "pro", they need to be able to explain to all investors, especially ones who may be foreign.
Just my 2 cents

Like a project tokenloyalty - i have asked them multiple times, what are you doing exactly? In response I get a video of a dog and random statements.

Could you please tell us where did you ask questions? Because communication is very important for us and I do not see any such questions in your post.

As for the project, we are communicating a lot of information in our topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2293442.0

Ask question in the main topic please, we will answer all your doubts, no problem.

██████████████████████████
█████████████     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████
████████          ████████

████ █████████      ██████
████    █████        █████
█████               ██████
██████             ███████
███████           ████████
████████        ██████████
██████       █████████████

████████████████████   ███
████████████████  ███ ████
████████████    ███   ████
████████      ███    █████
████        ███      █████
██████    ███       ██████
███████████         ██████
██████████   █     ███████
██████████ ███████ ███████

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ TOKENLOYALTY.IO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAO ecosystem for loyalty programs: YOUTUBE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬LOOK AT THE WHITEPAPER▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████    ██████
███████████████████████████      █████
██████ █████████   █████████    ██████
████████ ██████     ██████████████████
██████████ █████   ██████     ████████
████████████ ███████████       ███████
██████████████ █████████       ███████
█████   ████████ ████████     ████████
████     █████████ ███████████████████
█████   ████████████ █████████████████
██████████████████████ ███████████████
████   ███████    ██████ █████████████
███     █████      ███████ ███████████
████   ██████      █████████ █████████
██████████████    ████████████████████
  *Whitepaper
*How to buy
*Roadmap
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:44:28 AM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?
You are right mate! The fact remains that some investors are just too lazy to do research cause if they had, most of these scam ICOs would not even be plenty cause they will end up wasting resources conducting something that no one would even buy into except probably some few gullible ones and really it is annoying and I do not blame china for banning ICOs cause these investors are the ones to blame.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:53:40 AM

Don't you think that the problem of ongoing and upcoming ICOs is not the quality of projects (certainly there are scam projects, but there are also a great deal of really working projects backed with technology) but the problem is in the quality of investors who don't really make their research and mostly even don't care do read anything about the project they are going to invests in. They are in rush to buy any altcoins because it seems to be an easy way to make money for them.. What do you think?
You are right mate! The fact remains that some investors are just too lazy to do research cause if they had, most of these scam ICOs would not even be plenty cause they will end up wasting resources conducting something that no one would even buy into except probably some few gullible ones and really it is annoying and I do not blame china for banning ICOs cause these investors are the ones to blame.

Exactly this.

If you're not even bothered to do some research before investing then you deserve to get scammed. Do your own due diligence - please. This is the rule of thumb for investing in anything, especially in ICOs which is very volatile and can get you scammed easily.

The quality of ICOs have indeed been dropping, but there are still hidden gems out there.

Klausi

Activity: 536

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:21:38 AM

The problem that i see in ICOs are they are becoming more and more are swarming in the forum that i don't know if i will be happy because a lot of ICO to choose from but it is now they looks like messy in the eyes. This is the reason why i favor the regulation of all ICO for proper screening because it seem that some of them are crap,no future and the most worst is others are scam.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bixbem90

Activity: 420
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:27:38 AM

ICOs everywhere, ICOs day by day. Why? Some project ICOs like as HYIP some is like lending system. ICOs make for them profit and they can run away after several months. So if we want buy TOKEN, Altcoins when ICO, considered carefully.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:04:32 AM

No, it's not. Where investors invest money, this is their personal problem. To date, it is the quality of the conceived ICO projects that is the problem and it is the risks associated with their possible fraud. If these problems are eliminated by further regulating this process by the states, then the problems with the ICO will be diminished. Only the community and the market can further assess the need for an ICO project and the survivability of the coin created.
verifyas

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 05:51:40 AM

I doubt investors are that stupid; I mean they would not just throw away their money; they put their money where they think it may have greater returns. I am sure those putting in alot of cash do their share of reading and alot of listening.

From the ICO side of things there are folks with great convincing deceiving powers. But how far can that take you; cheating the investors to put their money does not really get you that far. It is your reputation at risk. 

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
iLatios

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:56:19 AM

To my mind, there should be more teams who will not only inform about upcoming ICOs, but also check them. A lot of people want to invest and get profit, they are ready to risk partly, but they don't have time to find out information about ICOs loyalty or even they can't understand how to differ success project from spam.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
Jaya912

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:36:41 AM

I do not think that hundreed percent is investors false. Though if you clever while choose any ico, you will never always right. You dont know what will happen after ico.
So for me, low quality also being problem. First is low quality project and second is low quality investors.
RieL

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:08:42 AM

The point is there is no need a coin for everything and some of them are just some gree machine.finding good ICOs is kinda diffucult as of now like the XtraBytes because they bury it under crap coins ICO. If i were them i should sell them something that can be profit and not just selling a idea.

streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:58:46 AM

Scam is a huge problem of our time, but it predictable for sure. It is a just a step to filter ppl who want easy money, and don't think abt projects itself. I think it's a good trend that only smart ppl become rich and  push technology to future.  I know one good ico that i recommend you, just try to look and find more abt confideal
And those looking for the free money who do not usually consider the project always end up getting burnt.

However, the problem is that scams like this will always end up just corrupting the crypto space and then you see the same gullible set of people calling all ICO scams or saying the whole crypto is a scam and all sort, not knowing they were the ones dumb enough to fall for those scams by not doing the needful thing any sensible investor should have done.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:48:14 PM

I think there are many investors like that. Because they think if they buy it at cheap rates then they can actually make the profits. But sometimes there are many projects which doesn’t even reach the exchanger and people loose all the money they have invested earlier. So one can take this into consideration that just buying stuff at very low doesn’t mean its profit. The roadmap must be understood completely to know what they are going to do at what time. Believe there are only few ICO out of 10-15 who turn out to be legit and profitable, or even less.

Taskford

Activity: 2520
Merit: 783

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:12:43 PM

The problem that i know in the ICO nowadays is the false project where they just create an ICO to gather some funds from the crowd but those crowd didn't know that the ICO is fake and the project is just for scamming and stealing money from them and because of that problem it stole a lot of bitcoins and ethereum from people.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███