Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:48:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCC/BCH vs BitcoinGold  (Read 281 times)
alvinadi (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:32:44 AM

Hi folks,

What do you think about these 2 fork currency (in comparison) regarding:

1. Purpose
2. Distinct differences
3. Benefits to bitcoin
4. Benefits to other alts/major (if any)
5. Sustainability
6. Value&Price (function/ability, not perceived/volatility based)

Please consider your own beliefs and judgement (and ignoring some in the news).  Whats on the media is there, the aim is to built collective understanding and perspective.

Thanks!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:25:01 PM

Personally I suspect Bitcoin Gold is nothing more than a false flag operation by the NYA crowd. They are actively discussing how to attack and destroy the Bitcoin blockchain after the hardfork (see https://github.com/btc1/bitcoin/issues/135), which could require an emergency PoW change to counter to preserve Bitcoin.

So, according to my speculation, Bitcoin Gold is deliberately being presented as a poorly conceived half-baked effort with the same attribute - a PoW change to make Bitcoin mining GPU-based. This way when the NYA attack hits they can spread FUD and confusion by getting people mixed up between Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin w. the new algorithm, and by telling people "you tried to do that already and it didn't work."

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:10:29 PM

BCC/BCH, yes they couldn't even decide lol, and BitcoinGold are just examples of forkcoins. These are coins that copied the exact code of Bitcoin's, but just added some of their modifications here and there to try and make it look more unique. They'll never compare though.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
alvinadi (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:09:43 PM

Personally I suspect Bitcoin Gold is nothing more than a false flag operation by the NYA crowd. They are actively discussing how to attack and destroy the Bitcoin blockchain after the hardfork (see https://github.com/btc1/bitcoin/issues/135), which could require an emergency PoW change to counter to preserve Bitcoin.

So, according to my speculation, Bitcoin Gold is deliberately being presented as a poorly conceived half-baked effort with the same attribute - a PoW change to make Bitcoin mining GPU-based. This way when the NYA attack hits they can spread FUD and confusion by getting people mixed up between Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin w. the new algorithm, and by telling people "you tried to do that already and it didn't work."

That 2 paragraph cover and requires bloody good understanding in the whole thing  Cry

I thought those NYA miner are supporting bitcoin by accepting mining BCC/BCH which was used as sandbox playground to test and improve bitcoin at smaller scale?

But if its sole purpose is to print, then more will come ya? NYA supporter seems like a very tight community..brotherhood in the same country
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:13:46 PM

BCC/BCH, yes they couldn't even decide lol, and BitcoinGold are just examples of forkcoins. These are coins that copied the exact code of Bitcoin's, but just added some of their modifications here and there to try and make it look more unique. They'll never compare though.
It should be called BCC, but there was an altcoin already listed on some exchanges under the BCC tag, so these exchanges listed BCC as BCH. It doesn't really matter anyway, we know which shitcoin we're talking about, right?  BTG isn't even here. It's already listed on yobit and available for dumping with a price of 0.07 BTC. Not the best start if you ask me.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
alvinadi (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:23:13 PM

Guess that confirms my last comment  Grin  Grin

Yet my thought is why it hasnt crumbled yet, all the more Korbit people keep munching those coins?
bigboybitcoin

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:27:02 PM

Actually BCC reffers to another coin that is bitconnect coin that is main reason the could not conclude on BCC/BCH but yeah see bitcoin gold will not be a really big thing as its only made for mining on gpu miners although i am realy positive about the next for that is BTX and i thing we can see a huge market settlement at that time.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:45:53 PM

Honestly speaking, the information that I could provide on this topic is quite limited. The benefit of this "alt bitcoin" is that people hoarded BTC and pushed its price to ATH. I think, we wouldn't attain this increase in price (at this time of the year) if we don't have any upcoming "fork" around the corner. Well, on the other note, alts holders are in bad position right now as the alts market dipped so hard and massive selloffs took place in the past days. This just proved that any news or activities regarding BTC provide significant push that can alter the state of the cryptomarket.
yakushev

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:24:25 PM

Actually BCC reffers to another coin that is bitconnect coin that is main reason the could not conclude on BCC/BCH but yeah see bitcoin gold will not be a really big thing as its only made for mining on gpu miners although i am realy positive about the next for that is BTX and i thing we can see a huge market settlement at that time.

Maybe Bitcoin Gold has excellent technical characteristics, but it will never replace the bitcoin original. All these coins can not be compared with the original bitcoin. I hope that the appearance of a new coin does not hurt the bitcoin original

entropy0

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

Que sera sera

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

Gold has a smaller support group, it would be difficult to get off the ground.
However it has been able to drive up BTC prices for the past few weeks - perhaps there is more interested than we think.

Grow your Discord community with panda-bot! https://pandabot.fatpanda.club
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:32:10 PM

A recent article of Coindesk speaks about potential risks using Bitcoin online wallets during the hard forks of the most popular digital coin in the world. Technical reasons are in the center of this arguments of developers saying that there could be serious lost of the original currency and from the new coins as well. Some services wallets and exchanges are very risky places to storage the currency during hard forks.
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:50:32 PM

I was just watching boxmining on youtube concerning Bitcoin Gold. He was not really in favor of Bitcoin Gold, as it also seems that the dev team is not very responsive. Overall also the already mentioned technical risks will need to be regarded. I will not move any amounts, till experts will shout out that all will be good again. Hope we will see such alert again here at bitcointalk as we were able to see with bitcoin cash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: