Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:21:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Goose20 and the fraudulent paypal he sent  (Read 1317 times)
Juneteenth (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:05:22 AM

So I have an ad up selling btc.. at first i was only going to sell 10.. SO i decided last minute to sell 20.. He contacted me about him living in Australia and pp was his only method of payment.. Now He sent 425$ USD to my account and this happens
http://i39.tinypic.com/2v28sq9.png

Not a coincidence at all. I was so angry.. Less angry because I didnt send btc because I was afraid this would happen.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:10:20 AM

Is this for AML?
Juneteenth (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:11:42 AM

Is this for AML?
AML.. KInda confused here. Its for 4 btc he was supposed to buy from me.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:25:33 AM

Well he might be a scammer and tried to scam you by sending money from stolen pp

or just paypal fucked his account and yours too due to some violation of their TOS or due to some suspicious activity in senders account.

His account was verified or not? and what about your account?

Ps: did he wrote anything about bitcoin or currency exchange etc in note?
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:06:07 AM

i am not a scammer. my account is verified, long good standing etc.
i sent him my money as per his request. he knows my name, my address, everything, i dont know anything about him other than " Mike Harris on email Toni3638@aim.com" which seemed dodgy.
I am out of pocket $$ and have no BTC.
i am trying to resolve this paypal limitation thing, he has gone off line with my money. i could understand him being upset if he sent btc, but he is not out of pocket at all.
i am stressing and trying to figure out whats going on.

does ANYONE know why paypal would have place a limitation on his account?Huh my account is verfied. dozens of succesful transactions. is it the amount of $$ (US$425)

Any help here please
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:22:53 AM

oh, nothing was mentioned regarding btc or anything...
Sad
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 11:25:19 AM

does ANYONE know why paypal would have place a limitation on his account?Huh my account is verfied. dozens of succesful transactions. is it the amount of $$ (US$425)

If HE is unverified, it's likely they'd do that. They're quite happy to randomly freeze verified accounts too. In my case they sent me an email saying they weren't allowed to disclose why my account was limited and frozen.

goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:27:50 AM

hmmmm...cant he just "complete the steps as listed on this page to initiate a review of the limitations' as the message on his Paypal is telling him??
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

someguy123 - did your limitation/freezing get sorted out in the end?
is this thing fixable??  he has gone offline with my money and left me here trying to figure out how to resolve this??
xboxgames

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:49:20 AM

It is very likely that he was accessing an account from a different Ip address. Or that his account was not verified. Or that he just made a new PayPal account with fake email, name, and info. PayPal will lock an account if they think that the person is lying about info.

I called out the guy in his sales thread. Warned everyone in it. People didn't listen. Be careful. Why you didn't use escrow after the warnings, I will never know.

Do a chargeback. They will not be unlocking his account anytime soon. These things are not rushed by PayPal.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:52:14 AM

And also, to juneteenth.

This is NOT what it looks like when someone charges back on you. So stop playing that blame game. Its not his fault that your account is locked. Especially when his account isn't locked. If you aren't a scammer, you should have escrowed like you offered.

I have friends who still work at PayPal. Once infer your PayPal email address, ill be finding out what's really going on. Believe me ill be calling you out on it.
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:28:22 PM

xboxgames thank you so so much. I have a week old baby son which the btc were meant for. i tried buying some 2 weeks ago before his birth by depositing straight into sellers australian bank account and that went nowhere and seems bank accounts offer no protection. So a police complaint is procedding on that one. I thought paying through payapl would give me protection. i hope so. fingers crossed. you seem to know what you are talking about.

you are right that i should have paid attention to your posts - none of the answers juneteenth was giving you added up. sigh
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 01:53:03 PM

someguy123 - did your limitation/freezing get sorted out in the end?
is this thing fixable??  he has gone offline with my money and left me here trying to figure out how to resolve this??
If Paypal tells you the reason for it, they will sometimes simply ask for verification and they'd get their account back.
In my case, I had to wait 6 months, and even then they don't fully unlock the account, they just allow you to withdraw to your bank, and nothing else.

In your case, just chargeback. You'll get the money back, it's fully reversible.

Juneteenth (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:23:00 PM

And also, to juneteenth.

This is NOT what it looks like when someone charges back on you. So stop playing that blame game. Its not his fault that your account is locked. Especially when his account isn't locked. If you aren't a scammer, you should have escrowed like you offered.

I have friends who still work at PayPal. Once infer your PayPal email address, ill be finding out what's really going on. Believe me ill be calling you out on it.
firstly.. I sell on ebay.. So to think you would side with him.. TOTAL BS. Second. Yes I called paypal 3 times because I think its bullshit it happens after he sends payment.. Right after. His account is not verified and from australia.  Paypal told me directly that You cannot exchange for btc or other currencies because a note was placed for ecurrency. So there. Do not begin to blame me.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:31:58 PM

I have a screen capture from him. His account is verified. Want to continue lying?
Juneteenth (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:48:06 PM

I have a screen capture from him. His account is verified. Want to continue lying?
No im not im only relaying what was told from him. He needs to contact paypal.. which he has not done. I have reported you to admin because this is between me and him and he has not tried to fix this at all.. He was too eager to send his paypal and he kept telling me to hurry up.. HMMM...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: