Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crimson Relive Win 10 Drivers Now Support 12 AMD GPU's with Compute Workloads  (Read 7895 times)
4ward

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:27:56 PM

graphics --> compute switch works fine on this driver

verified 24 -> 29 mhs for ETH on rx 480

Where you able to overclock the memory? What program are you using?

not overclocking, only using improved mem timings (uber mix 3.1 for samsung memory)

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 12:34:36 PM

So there would be no update for blockchain drivers probably...
Good job by AMD, but I don't get why they keep changing OC SDK or whatever they did now that OC is not working.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
staman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:15:25 AM

I'm testing these new drivers..

So far no problems at all with 8x RX470 4GB .. rig has been runing 228MH's on ETH on blockchain drivers(23aug), it's running the very same hashrate on 17.10.2(23oct)

All you need to do is change workload type to compute for all GPU (individually, I know, it's pin in the a$$).. restart your rig afterwards and .. you're ready to go
For Overlocking use latest OverdriveNTool 0.2.0 .. everything works like a charm.. Rig is running 30+ hours now

In the evening I'm about to add 4 more cards to achieve 12 (also planing to test 13) and do the testing.. Just wanted to have confirmed that it's runing just fine with the same hashrate on 8 cards.. CONFIRMED !

AsRock H110 BTC Pro+, Windows 10 x64 1703 (no need to update to 1709!), 17.10.2 drivers, OverdriveNTool 0.2.0 with scripts..
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:42:59 AM

I'm testing these new drivers..

So far no problems at all with 8x RX470 4GB .. rig has been runing 228MH's on ETH on blockchain drivers(23aug), it's running the very same hashrate on 17.10.2(23oct)

All you need to do is change workload type to compute for all GPU (individually, I know, it's pin in the a$$).. restart your rig afterwards and .. you're ready to go
For Overlocking use latest OverdriveNTool 0.2.0 .. everything works like a charm.. Rig is running 30+ hours now

In the evening I'm about to add 4 more cards to achieve 12 (also planing to test 13) and do the testing.. Just wanted to have confirmed that it's runing just fine with the same hashrate on 8 cards.. CONFIRMED !

AsRock H110 BTC Pro+, Windows 10 x64 1703 (no need to update to 1709!), 17.10.2 drivers, OverdriveNTool 0.2.0 with scripts..
So you can OC memory with Overdriventool? Someone says that it's not working. Is GPU-Z showing those memory clocks? HWinfo64 not always show the right info, but I only had problem with showing voltages there.
Are you using 0.2.0? There is newer version 0.2.1.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:06:06 AM

Installed this driver on my 1703 Windows and RX 580 cards.
Overclocking via Wattman not works. Ethereum speed the same as on Aug23 blockchain driver.
Overclocking works through command options of Claymore miners. But Wattman can't change anything, even can't skip to default settings.
Claymore 10.0 miner changes OC GPU and memory and voltages too. But after closing miner this settings only may be changed by another start of Claymore miner or restarting computer.
staman

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:25:44 AM

So you can OC memory with Overdriventool? Someone says that it's not working. Is GPU-Z showing those memory clocks? HWinfo64 not always show the right info, but I only had problem with showing voltages there.

Yes, I had version 0.2.0 installed and running with blockchain drivers (23aug).
Just did the DDU, installed new driver (complete suite due to needed workload (compute) change using GUI) .. patched, restarted, changed Workload to compute for all GPU, retarted again ..
OC/UV profile from OverdriveNTool are started automatically (via batch file) when the Windows starts

As I said previously, no performance drop, all working just fine with 8 cards..
Going to play with it tonigh and will try to make 12 or 13 cards works on AsRock H110

PS: Also, will try to setup compute workload using regedit.. I've been suggested a solution so no AMD GUI will be needed if that works
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:26:29 PM

Just did the DDU, installed new driver (complete suite due to needed workload (compute) change using GUI) .. patched, restarted, changed Workload to compute for all GPU, retarted again ..
OC/UV profile from OverdriveNTool are started automatically (via batch file) when the Windows starts

Going to play with it tonigh and will try to make 12 or 13 cards works on AsRock H110

PS: Also, will try to setup compute workload using regedit.. I've been suggested a solution so no AMD GUI will be needed if that works

i did the same as you however i cant change mem clocks after the install, by any means , wattool, overdrive tool or ab
any ideas? this is on two 10 gpu rigs all a mix of 480, 570 and 580
Volodka_007

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:45:59 PM

Hi, can you share you reg file for compute mode ON ?
IojkinKot

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:38:49 PM

Hi, can you share you reg file for compute mode ON ?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"KMD_EnableInternalLargePage"=dword:00000002

And for 0001, 0002, etc.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1698

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:11:39 PM

Anyone find the COMPUTE button in Windows 7? Can't find it anywhere

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Vann (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:39:20 PM

New version of Afterburner v4.4.0 beta 21 is out. It increases the core undervolt limit to -200 mV for Fiji, Polaris and Vega. It's working on Windows 10 Pro v1703 with the blockchain drivers. Can anyone using the new Crimson Relive v17.10.2 drivers with the compute toggle on the Windows 10 v1709 Fall Creators update verify whether overclocking is enabled? Thanks.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-46#post-5486250

Changes list includes:

· Minimum voltage offset has been extended to -200mV for AMD Fiji and Ellesmere GPU families
· Improved drag and drop implementation for the list of active hardware monitoring graphs. Now it is possible to drag and drop items below the bottom edge of the list to move the graphs to the end of the list
· Improved multiple selection functionality in monitoring properties:
· When multiple graphs are selected you may press <Ctrl>+<M> inside group name edit field to apply group name changes synchronically to all selected graphs
· Now “Override graph name” and “Override group name” checkboxes are also affected by multiple selection functionality, so you may hold <Shift> when toggling those options to toggle it synchronically for all graphs or hold <Ctrl> when toggling those options to toggle it synchronically for all selected graphs
· Now group names support macro definitions (the same as prolog/epilog in OSD layout editor), so for example you may override group name for GPU temperature and set it to %GPU% to utomatically display your GPU name as a group name in OSD
· Added %GPU1%..%GPU8% and %FullGPU1%..%FullGPU8% macro names support for mGPU systems
· Now alarm zone is visualized on monitoring graph instead of displaying just the threshold. This simplifies visual identification of min/max thresholds
· Now you can define closed alarm range if specified maximum alarm threshold is less than minimum
staman

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:44:56 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 08:59:26 AM by staman

Allright.. these are my results from yesterdays extensive testing

First of all:
AsRock H110, 8x PowerColor RX470 4GB (samsung), Claymore 10

Windows 10 Pro 1703, AMD 17.10.2 with Workload = compute

We had the rig running stable for weeks/month with BlockchainDriver(23aug).. 228MH's on ETH with this crappy cards
We did DDU, installed new driver 17.10.2(oct23) (full installation with GUI) / took like 15 minutes ! restart + PixelPatched + restart
Manually setting Workload = Compute for all the cards .. grrrr!!! after setting all 8, you have to restart the computer !
After start: OverdriveNTool 0.2.0 for aplying OC/UV profiles to the cards..
result is very same like the BlockchainDriver(23aug) .. 228MH's .. stable for 24hours

So my insight on this.. for those running 8 card rig with BlockchainDriver(23aug) there is no point of switching to the 17.10.2 .. there is no improvement, just the pain (aplying Compute ON) to even get the same result

-----
COMPLETE DDU 17.0.7.7

Adding 4 more PowerColor RX470 .. sooo .. 12 Cards in total (http://prntscr.com/h31ld0)
Windows booted up quickly
Installed full version of 17.10.2 took like 40 minutes !!! Insanly long! restart + patch
All cards has been detected, I saw 12 in Device Manager (http://prntscr.com/h31kuu)
manualy turned on compute workload (took another 10minutes) + restart
Computer freezes.. restart, freezes, freezes..
After a long while it booted without any changes at all
Saw all 12 cards, modifified Overdrive batch file to OC/UV all my 12 cards + applied this profile
Ran Claymore 10.1 with -gser 2 option
All 12 cards has been recognized by claymore (http://prntscr.com/h31l1y)
It started mining while still creating DAG for another cards.
I saw that some of the card started mining 28.5 Mh's (that is normal value for my cards)
Than.. Cannot create a DAG file for GPU9 and GPU3.. Claymore restarted.. since than, I was not able to start it over again
After another computer restart I was not able to boot into Windows anymore!!! Windows died!
Disconnected those 4 additional cards and here we go.. windows booted up again..
Ran DDU + restart + back to the BlockchainDriver(23aug) + patch + restart
Cards started to mine ony 14MH's no matter what.. spend like an hour playing with it.. there is some problem with applying cvddc/mclock after DDU uninstalling 17.10.2 and reverting back to Aug23 drivers
Windows installation is obviously corrupted (or the new DDU 17.0.7.7 is leaving some traces behind after uninstalling the 17.10.2(oct23) driver

Had to restore Windows installation image from backup!

So, anyone that don't want to waste the time, stay away from 17.10.2 while running 8+ cards (especially 12!)

To that reg fix..
IojkinKot has been faster, I do agree with his findings.. there are more changes but only that one seems to be relevant to me
If anyone can tripplecheck, here is exported regedit key before/after applying COMPUTE mode. Do the file comparison and please let us know the result
Applying this regedit can save 40min of installation time + another 10 minutes of manually applying compute mode for each GPU
This might actually get very important.. if AMD will stay with such a option of turning Compute mode ON in the future!!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E2YhEbdRIxUXZpejNaajNnc2s

And such a nice Friday it was  Embarrassed (6 hours wasted!)

PS: I'm NOT doing this test over again with 1709 Fall creators update !!
PS2: For those who want to say thank you, you've saved my a lot of time and pain, look down bellow the line Smiley
Vann (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:00:28 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 10:20:32 AM by Vann

Since the blockchain drivers don't support the Creators fall update, there is no point in updating to v1709. The blockchain drivers worked for me on v1709, but it made the Windows UI very unstable. If you want to stick with the blockchain drivers, it's best to stay on v1703 and defer the Windows feature updates in the Group policy editor until a stable version of the new Crimson Relive compute toggle drivers is out.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update ==> Defer Windows Updates ==> Select when Feature Updates are received

There you can defer Windows version updates for up to one year.

While in the Group Policy Editor you can also keep Windows Update from updating the the drivers.

gpedit ==> Computer Configuration ==> Administrative Templates ==> Windows Components ==> Windows Update and set 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update' to enabled.

There is also a new Crimson Relive 17.10.3 driver out, but according to the release notes only game fixes were added.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.10.3-Release-Notes.aspx

The release notes also mention the new drivers drivers have a known issue with 12 GPU's in compute mode.

A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU's for compute workloads.
kkourmousis

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:47:46 AM

Quoting my self from another thread, so I can share my own experience with you guys:

Unfortunately I am having big problems with the latest drivers.

Even though I installed them and they are working great on my PC which has 1x RX 580 8GB Nitro+ (Hynix), my rig was a different story.

It took many, many minutes for the drivers to get installed. When they did, AMD Radeon Settings would change half of my cards to "compute" with no problem but for the other 4 I would have to restart my rig in order for the setting to apply.

Upon running Claymore miner, the rig became unresponsive while setting DAG file. What I mean by saying "unresponsive" is that it the cursor would remain blinking without moving on the next usual commands -creating DAG file-. In the log file the last entry was "start building OpenCL program for GPU 7". At this point, if and when I performed a single click on the desktop, the whole rig froze.

I have performed DDU and gone back to BlockChain Beta Drivers (with which my rig was performing well) and it was back to normal. To be sure I did nothing wrong I tried:

• Going back and forth between BlockChain and latest Drivers 3 times
  • Earlier Claymore miner versions
  • Setting global settings to Graphics (instead of compute)

The symptoms remained. I do not have time right now to clean install Windows 10 and try again, I hope I can do so in the weekend. In the meantime, if anyone else is experiencing the same problems, please let us know.

My rig:

ASUZ Prime Z270-P
8x RX 580 8GB Nitro+ (Hynix)
Windows 10
Radeon™ Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2
Claymore Dual Miner v.10.1
Modded BIOS

I decided not to perform a clean install and go back to BlockChain Beta drivers

Buy me a souvlaki:
ETH: 0x22D1C05F89dbe036aABFFEc197949E635903C6FA
BTC: 1FHwEyiCqUTpauGfvPg5czMYoWMKqYGBWx
peteris-apse

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:00:37 PM

for now stay away from this driver. switching to compute mode is unbelievably annoying! made reg files to do this faster - somehow works. msi afterburner beta21 does not work at all. trixx 6.5.0 undervolting resets driver. watman is crap. hashrates are kinda same.  power consumption went up. tools for undervolting are less.
ceednaan

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:26:32 AM

I need your help guys  Huh

I have 16x RX580 (6xAsus,4xMsi,6xSapphire) for 8+8 rigs

I tried blockchain and 17.10.2 drivers on win10(ver1703) but i cant add 6th or more gpu. 5 gpus working but when I add 6th, 2 gpus stop and dont work on claymore. I really want your helps I dont solve this problem.

My second problem is with my Asus Dual RX580 gpus. They are really unprofitable and unstable. I tried everything but I got just pain  Cry I got just 26.5MH with original bios which is most stable. The other 30+MH with less electricity.

I will be really grateful if you guys help  Kiss Thanks from now
Dowper

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:31:37 AM

Anyone find the COMPUTE button in Windows 7? Can't find it anywhere

Nope. Can someone find this button on newest drivers on Windows 7?
nathan_tek

Activity: 241
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:42:27 AM

I'm using the 17.10.4 drivers, Hashrate is the same as blockchain drivers. If you don't mine Ethereum, you don't need to switch from graphics to compute.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
evlo

Activity: 155
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:32:04 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 01:03:35 AM by evlo

is there any way to set cards to compute mode using command line or registry or somehing? It takes 10 minutes for each card in amd settings.

for now stay away from this driver. switching to compute mode is unbelievably annoying! made reg files to do this faster - somehow works. msi afterburner beta21 does not work at all. trixx 6.5.0 undervolting resets driver. watman is crap. hashrates are kinda same.  power consumption went up. tools for undervolting are less.
How?
I have 12 cards setup and if i'm unable to set compute mode in 30 minutes i'm, returning all 12 cards as there is no OC in linux that works, drivers where 12 cards work for windows does not support OC in claymore and needs compute mode to be set up, which is super annoying in amd settings.
Drivers with no need of setting compute mode supports 8 cards max.

EDIT: figured it out KMD_EnableInternalLargePage - now i'm getting 29 from all 12 cards on windows
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:09:08 AM

EDIT: figured it out KMD_EnableInternalLargePage - now i'm getting 29 from all 12 cards on windows

I guess this is the dag fix setting.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: