Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:58:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Network Units - Multiplayer Decentralized - Public Presale  (Read 3444 times)
Canday

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:16:08 PM

I have never seen a token like this before

Are there any other like this?

If this works this will really change the way games are hosted
I never have either, it should be a winner. I'm joining this one on day 1.  If this can go mainstream there really isnt anything that can stop it. Billion dollar company in the making!!!
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wilout

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:49:37 PM

Is there a private preico?
prometheum (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:23:23 PM

What happens if you are renting space and your PC turns off?

Hi Laidence, from the gamers perspective the disruption will be minimal as the automatic fail over will kick in and instantly move the players to another service provider.

From the service providers perspective they will be charged a penalty depending on the severity of the outage based on the level of service intended.
prometheum (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:25:05 PM

Is there a private preico?
We have decided on a public Pre Ico that will commence in 3 days and 16 hours from this post.
HanscoLeek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:26:48 AM

Interisting projeck Im in  Smiley
Waiting Update

Hi Tessaphin, the public Pre-ICO is started already Smiley

Did you manage to contribute?

https://networkunits.io/participate

Nice to have you aboard
HanscoLeek

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:28:59 AM

This is one of the better video's I have seen to explain the product. I am not that technical but this made it pretty clear for me Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfg8Zg6uJA
Bullexadam

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:15:31 PM

I studied about this ICO and I still have some questions.

Why should I put my Ether in this ICO and not in an other, what makes this ICO work?

If this project is working how many gamers can work with this blockchain, and do you have an indication how huge this will be in the near future?

Is it easy to mine or rent out your computer space / internet bandwidth even if you are a normal gamer without to many experience with crypto/blockchain?

Why is the pre-ICO quite long?

Who picked the team and why did NU choose that team

If I have these first questions answered I am quite sure I will invest in this project, I mean the bonus you get right now is very interesting.
prometheum (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:28:40 PM

Hi Bullexadam

Thank you for your queries.

Why should I put my Ether in this ICO and not in an other, what makes this ICO work?
While I agree that there are many great projects out there to choose from, Network Units has some unique key points of interest:
  • Network Units has two unique mining processes, firstly gamers can connect their wallets and participate in our verification process while they play games and earn tokens for doing so. Secondly, Computer and Server owners can rent out their unused bandwidth and processing power to developers and also earn tokens for doing so.
  • Network Units will develop an easy to integrate Unity3D asset for developers to integrate into their own games. This asset will simplify network code development as well as simplifying their infrastructure needs
So to conclude Network Units is a cryptocurrency that does not just target one group of people. But Gamers, Game Developers and Resource Owners. Additionally, our asset will be multiplatform and will be easy to integrate into Mobile, PC, Holographic, AR, VR devices and more.

If this project is working how many gamers can work with this blockchain, and do you have an indication how huge this will be in the near future?
We all know the gaming industry is massive however our platform is built for multiplayer gaming. Even though multiplayer gaming is a portion of this industry it has been proven that gamers spend more money and time on multiplayer games than single player and in many cases, are actually willing to pay for micro transactions or subscription fees to play. With the power of the Blockchain we have a mechanism to provide the opposite. Rather than charge gamers we can reward those that want to participate in our verification process. This feature is going to drive more gamers to games developed with the NU framework. Developers that realize this will naturally want to utilize our platform with the added advantage of cheaper infrastructure costs due to NU making use of unused Processing Power and bandwidth. This automatically makes the NU platform more appealing than traditional and centralized alternatives. To answer your question more clearly, the more developers that integrate the NU framework into their games then the larger our platform will grow!

Is it easy to mine or rent out your computer space / internet bandwidth even if you are a normal gamer without to many experience with crypto/blockchain?
Eventually this will be very easy to do. For experienced users they will be able to link their own wallets, for those that are less experienced we will handle the wallets for them. This allows anyone regardless of Blockchain experience to start earning tokens straight away.

There are multiple reasons for this decision.
  • The volatility of the Cryptocurrency Market
  • To allow us as much time as possible to grow the NU community
  • To gain more interest in our project
  • To improve the quality of our project.

Initially the NU team is made up of the Evil Badger Game Studio based in Australia and New Zealand. As game developers we realized that the next stage of evolution for us would be multiplayer gaming. Rather than build an internal framework we wanted the ability to share it with other developers and their players. The Blockchain allows us to do it in a very unique manner that was previously unimaginable. Although as a company we have never done a Token Crowdsale before, we have a panel of extremely talented and knowledgeable Advisors with successful Crowdsale experience that have been indispensable in providing the guidance and resources that we need.

Please feel free to let us know if you have further thoughts or questions.
riemannmolds

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:06:45 PM

What will you do in the case that you need to do some repairs to an investment?
prometheum (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:38:17 AM

Hi riemannmolds

I'm presuming you mean if things don't go as expected, what will we do and how will we react/respond to the problems?
Essentially it depends on the situation in any case we will identify the problem, the issue, analyze, plan, then implement solution and advise how it would affect you personally.

Feel free to let us know of any specifics or further thoughts or questions you may have.

We welcome input from potential partners.
Bullexadam

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:51:37 AM

Hi prometheum,

Thank you very much for your clear answers, yes I believe this will be a very successful project, are you one of the developers?
I definitely will join you guys. This will be very huge I know the game industry quite well and the will love this project. I wish you best of luck and I will follow this very closely!! But I am sure you will succeed.

Cheers!

Hi Bullexadam

Thank you for your queries.

While I agree that there are many great projects out there to choose from, Network Units has some unique key points of interest:
  • Network Units has two unique mining processes, firstly gamers can connect their wallets and participate in our verification process while they play games and earn tokens for doing so. Secondly, Computer and Server owners can rent out their unused bandwidth and processing power to developers and also earn tokens for doing so.
  • Network Units will develop an easy to integrate Unity3D asset for developers to integrate into their own games. This asset will simplify network code development as well as simplifying their infrastructure needs
So to conclude Network Units is a cryptocurrency that does not just target one group of people. But Gamers, Game Developers and Resource Owners. Additionally, our asset will be multiplatform and will be easy to integrate into Mobile, PC, Holographic, AR, VR devices and more.

We all know the gaming industry is massive however our platform is built for multiplayer gaming. Even though multiplayer gaming is a portion of this industry it has been proven that gamers spend more money and time on multiplayer games than single player and in many cases, are actually willing to pay for micro transactions or subscription fees to play. With the power of the Blockchain we have a mechanism to provide the opposite. Rather than charge gamers we can reward those that want to participate in our verification process. This feature is going to drive more gamers to games developed with the NU framework. Developers that realize this will naturally want to utilize our platform with the added advantage of cheaper infrastructure costs due to NU making use of unused Processing Power and bandwidth. This automatically makes the NU platform more appealing than traditional and centralized alternatives. To answer your question more clearly, the more developers that integrate the NU framework into their games then the larger our platform will grow!

Eventually this will be very easy to do. For experienced users they will be able to link their own wallets, for those that are less experienced we will handle the wallets for them. This allows anyone regardless of Blockchain experience to start earning tokens straight away.

There are multiple reasons for this decision.
  • The volatility of the Cryptocurrency Market
  • To allow us as much time as possible to grow the NU community
  • To gain more interest in our project
  • To improve the quality of our project.

Initially the NU team is made up of the Evil Badger Game Studio based in Australia and New Zealand. As game developers we realized that the next stage of evolution for us would be multiplayer gaming. Rather than build an internal framework we wanted the ability to share it with other developers and their players. The Blockchain allows us to do it in a very unique manner that was previously unimaginable. Although as a company we have never done a Token Crowdsale before, we have a panel of extremely talented and knowledgeable Advisors with successful Crowdsale experience that have been indispensable in providing the guidance and resources that we need.

Please feel free to let us know if you have further thoughts or questions.

HanscoLeek

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:52:23 AM

Those are some good questions, please feel free to ask more if you like. Or look at the webpage

https://networkunits.io/

https://networkunits.io/participate

prometheum (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:08:43 PM

Hi prometheum,

Thank you very much for your clear answers, yes I believe this will be a very successful project, are you one of the developers?
I definitely will join you guys. This will be very huge I know the game industry quite well and the will love this project. I wish you best of luck and I will follow this very closely!! But I am sure you will succeed.

Cheers!

You are correct Bullexadam, I am one of the developers of the NU project. Thank you very much we really appreciate your support.
Bullexadam

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:33:12 AM

Do you have something like a calculator what tells me how much I can earn if I share my computer to your network? I think people would love to see that. Maybe it is possible to just buy some computers in my house and use them all to earn tokens?
HanscoLeek

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:07:21 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 11:12:21 AM by HanscoLeek

Cool post regarding one of the use cases of network units

https://medium.com/@networkunits/colonist-the-prologue-82acfa00a790
prometheum (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:24:19 AM

Do you have something like a calculator what tells me how much I can earn if I share my computer to your network? I think people would love to see that. Maybe it is possible to just buy some computers in my house and use them all to earn tokens?

Hi Bullexadam,

We were going to write a use case of potential earnings for sharing, and potential costings for purchasing service from the infrastructure. However your suggestion is great idea, we will work on a calculator and will post here as soon as its ready.

Feel free to send through any additional feedback or queries you may have.
Bullexadam

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:41:44 AM

Hi Bullexadam,

We were going to write a use case of potential earnings for sharing, and potential costings for purchasing service from the infrastructure. However your suggestion is great idea, we will work on a calculator and will post here as soon as its ready.

Thanks again for the prompt response sounds good! Yeah well I really think it will be helpful to get investors and users into your project. By the way can I compare networkunits to Gladius? You can also earn tokens by lending out your bandwidth   
prometheum (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:48:27 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 01:28:59 PM by prometheum

Hi Bullexadam,

Thanks again for the prompt response sounds good! Yeah well I really think it will be helpful to get investors and users into your project. By the way can I compare networkunits to Gladius? You can also earn tokens by lending out your bandwidth  

No problem Bullexdam, we welcome any feedback or questions the community may have about the project.

In regards to earning tokens for sharing bandwidth Gladius is similar, another point of difference is that our verification process aims to rewards players with tokens.

However the use cases differ:

Gladius aims to fight DDOS attacks.
Network Units aims to provide a Decentralized Multiplayer Framework that is easily integrated into Games.

Dimonhamon

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 03:55:29 PM

The manager can tell, is there a bounty campain in you?
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:34:16 PM

This is an interesting project. Odd that it hasn't gotten much attention yet. Too many ICOs these days, I guess.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████