Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:20:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE Fake BTG Wallets Flooding Market  (Read 1054 times)
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:23:46 PM

Where did you get this info?  is a good warning as there might be ARE hackers trying to scramble for every penny they can get a hold of

This is good advice.

Any downloaded "wallet" that gets access to your use of the blockchain is a obvious threat.

absolutely. i've been watching newbies flock to download malware when altcoins launch for years now. it never ceases to amaze me. at the very least, one should do a basic amount of research: the bitcoin gold team has an official website (btcgpu.org) and twitter. start there. cryptocurrency user or not, nobody should be downloading anything straight off the google search results.

there's already been a pretty widely circulated scam also: twitter.com/btcgpu is an imposter, and he's been sending people to a web site where users input their private keys to claim their BTG. it's clearly a total scam. this space really is a scammer's paradise.
Not actually surprising though since this online world do really have lots of scammers and they do anything as long they can able to make or get money from others easily.Most of them do really go with the flow of the trend which they able to see that they can able to fool specially newbies.This is one of the common times which they do strike and for us who don't have much idea at first will really be easily deceived on this one.This is why instinct and research will really always help you out specially when you are on a doubt.Its always suggested to follow the main site regarding on updates on the recent fork.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12982

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:11:38 PM

I think theymos will make a post about how to claim your BTG like he did with BCC

No, I won't. I consider BTG to be a cash-grab, not a serious fork. It doesn't have any ideology or major economic players behind it. I'm not going to make a big announcement and guide anytime creates a pointless little fork like this (which anyone can do at any time with no cost whatsoever).

I will make a guide for B2X, which actually has some economic support.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:58:39 PM

I think theymos will make a post about how to claim your BTG like he did with BCC

No, I won't. I consider BTG to be a cash-grab, not a serious fork. It doesn't have any ideology or major economic players behind it. I'm not going to make a big announcement and guide anytime creates a pointless little fork like this (which anyone can do at any time with no cost whatsoever).

Thanks admin for the heads up! I'm quiet wondering why this Bitcoin Gold doesn't even give a buzz just like on what happened on Bitcoin Cash and not being posted above regarding on how to claim it. Now, I do know the reason which is actually true. This fork isn't really serious at all and regarding of B2X guide we would really wait up for that.This time would be the best time to secure some nasty amounts of BTC. Cool

Back to topic: Public should really always be keen on the possible scam attempts in the surrounding yet those scammers will really make use of this event to victimized noob people.

bitcoinfuck (OP)

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:27:28 PM

Don't rush into getting your BitcoinGold if you had money on a private wallet. It is better to be safe than sorry, just wait out the initial craze. Its not worth losing your entire stack for a coin worth so little right now.

exactly be carefull

[/url]
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:55:36 PM

Thanks for the answer, I almost forgot about bitcoin gold until I encounter a topic about it.
I followed your guide when I claimed Bitcoin cash and waiting for the same thing for B2X.
For BTG I prefer not claiming it for the moment until things will be more clear.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
bitcoinfuck (OP)

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:16:44 AM

segwit 2 should not be supported either

[/url]
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:00:48 AM

Why bother? BTG is also fake with the issues connected to it, Still it is a "free money" from BTG, I should wait for the right wallet (the famous one of course and supported and suggested by the bitcointalk community). I will wait if someone successfully redeemed their Bitcoin Gold then that's the time i will trade my bitcoin gold to get "free money".
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: