Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:36:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEO's tech is better than that of ETH?  (Read 509 times)
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:20:25 AM

I believe that there is a huge difference between the two. There are advantages in each of the sides but I think ETH will win in this period of time. But I think NEO will also rise someday.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xiaohang07 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:14:54 PM

I think 1000 tx/sec for neo is bullshit, during the first NEO ico, redpulse, many tx staid in pending during a very long time.
There is a big difference between therory and pratice and for me ETH seems stronger.
NEO definitely needs a lot of work to get it into the turbo mode. Hopefully ETH can evolve faster and stay strong.

xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:18:11 PM

The transaction throughput of NEO is measured up to about 10,000 tx per second. Right now the transaction throughput of NEO is said to be 1,000 per second. We all know that the transaction throughput of ETH is only 15 tx per second. Does it mean that NEO's tech is better than that of ETH?

well NEO's tech surely is amazing and very useful for the crypto world. But the thing is, etherium is not at its place only because of speedy transactions. That is why i don't think that NEO will be replacing etherium that easy. At least not in anywhere near the next 5 years or so. NEO has great potential, but not isn't that great yet to be compared to erherium itlself. So...
Agree, the ecosystem (documentation, example codes, etc.) of ETH is so much better than NEO right now. But I do notice that ADEX decided to move its ads platform from ETH to NEO, which is kind of worrisome as a ETH fan.

xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:21:37 PM

The transaction throughput of NEO is measured up to about 10,000 tx per second. Right now the transaction throughput of NEO is said to be 1,000 per second. We all know that the transaction throughput of ETH is only 15 tx per second. Does it mean that NEO's tech is better than that of ETH?
Speed wise yeah but ETH will always take benefit of first comer in the field of smart contract just like bitcoin. NEO is still sturgling to grab attention from projects so that it can be used for more ICOs while there are hundreds of ICO that gonna run over ETH in near future.
Right, I once think that ETH will easily surpass BTC and become the No.1 coin. However, it seems that BTC is more bullish than ETH lately, due to the hard forks.

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:23:34 PM

How could you compare a scam with another scam mate? Eth's scam might be over but with Neo I'm not so sure, why Bitcoin with 7 Tx/s is more

Successful than any other coin? it's not about the transactions and their capacity mate, Eth and Neo both are open source, anything open source

Is free for everyone to use but in the case of Bitcoin, it was designed to be a currency, Eth and Neo are not currencies, why would you even pay

For them? just use them for what they are used for.
xiaohang07 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:27:23 PM

I think that Eth will have a massive bump up when it fully implements its PoS protocol, it is getting there now and you're getting tokens like PoSToken popping up which will help.

It's hard to say which one is better, Neo is still in its early days and Ethereum is more established.
Funny enough that the airdrop on ETH is benefiting its own ecosystem.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 02:28:50 PM

Well it really should be. It was developed after ETH so they could use that as a template to work with.

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:50:09 PM

Technology simply cannot be measured as better or worse in every case. Transaction speed is just one factor, and if that were the case, then VISA has better technology than any crypto on measure of speed alone. In a more specific look, the ability of a crypto network to scale according to growth/usership is the measure of how flexible and agile the technology is. Bitcoin has its problems, but not because of tech, because of the design of upgrades. ETH has less problems because leadership is clear and accepted (they also have disagrements, however!).

NEO we can only judge if and when the network ever gets to a size it needs to scale.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
abcd7

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:29:00 PM

both of them are having pos and ad but eth at the moment we need the tech of th
fortune2k

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:02:19 PM

I think Neo has some time to go and hopefully china gets it together and then we can see its potential.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: