Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Scammer Bangalore - Anthariksh V - BitcoinTalk name Wilson  (Read 10879 times)
SimonJones (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:22:16 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 06:42:29 AM by SimonJones

Many of you must have dealt with Anthariksh V (wilson) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=116554

I paid him 1,50,000 /- (One Lakh Fifty Thousand) for 3.937 BTC on 19th March, 2014 but he has still not given me the BTC always coming up with one excuse or the other and now his phone is unreachable. He first said he will pay me after receiving the money, then he said 48 hours, later he said  24th March, then 25th and then 27th but now he has not replied for 2 days and his phone is unreachable.

I have actually dealt with him a couple of times since 2013 but lately he seemed desperate for money and was acting weird. But i still paid him because i had bought from him many times. EDIT - HE IS A SCAMMER. No BTC/Money for close to a month now.

Maybe I can report this scam to the IT Department and the Police. On earlier occasions,  I have paid him for BTC to many different accounts.

This time, i paid the 1,50,000/- to
abhijith venkataraman

Potential Scammer Details:
Name : Anthariksh V
City : Bangalore
Forum Profile : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=116554

Update April 11, 2014: This guy is a scammer. No news from him and no BTC till date. He was even asking for more money for investment in contract work he was doing in Bangalore.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 07:38:44 AM

Many of you must have dealt with Anthariksh V (wilson) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=116554

I paid him 1,50,000 /- for 3.937 BTC on 19th March, 2014 but he has still not given me the BTC always coming up with one excuse or the other and now his phone is unreachable. He first said he will pay me after receiving the money, then he said 48 hours, later he said  24th March, then 25th and then 27th but now he has not replied for 2 days and his phone is unreachable.

I have actually dealt with him a couple of times since 2013 but lately he seemed desperate for money and was acting weird. But i still paid him because i had bought from him many times. I still give him the benefit of doubt and have only tagged him as a "Potential Scammer". I will update this post with details of conversation if i don't get the BTC within another week. But anyone else who is dealing with him be warned that he is a potential scammer.

Maybe I can report this scam to the IT Department and the Police. On earlier occasions,  I have paid him for BTC to many different accounts including Seven Digital from http://buysellbitco.in/

This time, i paid the 1,50.000/- to
abhijith venkataraman

I have removed the phone numbers and bank details.
I have also sent Wilson a screenshot of this post.
I whatsapped with him when you told me about this incident and he has explained to me that his BTC was stuck in Gox. He also informed me that he would settle everything by 'yesterday'.

Adding that note to keep this thread updated.

SimonJones (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:44:55 AM

I have removed the phone numbers and bank details.
I have also sent Wilson a screenshot of this post.
I whatsapped with him when you told me about this incident and he has explained to me that his BTC was stuck in Gox. He also informed me that he would settle everything by 'yesterday'.

Adding that note to keep this thread updated.

Another thing that was weird is that he says his BTC is stuck in GOX after i paid him the money. When in reality BTC withdrawals from GOX were closed or not working since a few months back.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......

SimonJones (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:02:39 PM

Still no news.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:33:13 PM

Still no news.

Can you PM me his numbers? Let me try reaching out to him again.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 02:41:25 PM

Any update on this case?

SimonJones (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:37:04 AM

No, no update.

This is a scam.

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:50:12 AM

No, no update.

This is a scam.

Cannot understand how he can do this so openly. He visits the other Bitcoin meetup in Bangalore.
You should reach out to anigru/ Amitabh S/ dashingriddler as they are the ones who incubate that group/ know Wilson very well.
It is my understanding that they do carry out business with him as well.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:26:55 AM

Damn, you've lost 50k in value of btc.
arvindr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:49:26 AM

Isn't 1,50000 a lot more than the price of that much bitcoin?
Also, just saw a thread by him here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358836.0

sangwan1212

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

ActionCrypto.com ★ Bitcoin Binary Options&#9

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 07:19:29 AM

bad to see indians being scammers Sad

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 03:26:36 PM

Hey what happened to this thread any update of this scammer , because we should know that if anyone scamms what will he be facing

bad to see indians being scammers Sad

what do you mean by Indians being scammers, you can see so many big big scams in India , in that way this is nothing,

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:35:18 PM

I paid him 1,50,000 /- (One Lakh Fifty Thousand) for 3.937 BTC on 19th March, 2014 but he has still not given me the BTC always coming up with one excuse or the other and now his phone is unreachable. He first said he will pay me after receiving the money, then he said 48 hours, later he said  24th March, then 25th and then 27th but now he has not replied for 2 days and his phone is unreachable.

I have actually dealt with him a couple of times since 2013 but lately he seemed desperate for money and was acting weird. But i still paid him because i had bought from him many times. EDIT - HE IS A SCAMMER. No BTC/Money for close to a month now.

Maybe I can report this scam to the IT Department and the Police. On earlier occasions,  I have paid him for BTC to many different accounts.

abhijith venkataraman

Update April 11, 2014: This guy is a scammer. No news from him and no BTC till date. He was even asking for more money for investment in contract work he was doing in Bangalore.

Thats quite sad bro .Don't report it to the cops they won't do jack but they will question you about your online cryptocurrency stuff You know Indian Cops right ? You could trace the scammer though .You've had dealt with him before so find some traces like IP address or his bank details like something .Just find him.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:12:02 AM

abhijith venkataraman

Thats quite sad bro .Don't report it to the cops they won't do jack but they will question you about your online cryptocurrency stuff You know Indian Cops right ? You could trace the scammer though .You've had dealt with him before so find some traces like IP address or his bank details like something .Just find him.

I think going to the cops would be the best thing to do.. If you live in a metropolitan City.. They should understand what cryptocurrency is.. If they dont..then make them understand.. as long as you r not doing anything suspicious with bitcoins that is.. I think everyone has his banking details.. but I couldnt find out any solutions solely on knowing the banking details.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: