Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New US-based ASIC Bitcoin Mining Hardware Manufacturer - ASIC Technologies  (Read 5981 times)
ASICTechnologies (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:40:42 AM

Hi All,

I would like to introduce you to ASIC Technologies, www.asictechnologies.com. ASIC Technologies started in late 2012 as an exploratory project by a small team of ASIC and FPGA chip designers working at defense OEMs and a fab who were interested in the potential of Bitcoin and pleased by the success of the first advanced mining systems. Since development of these chips was our speciality at work, we decided to investigate our ability to develop a custom chip for hashing Bitcoin. As our design matured in early 2013, we grew confident our products will meet target specifications and compete with others in the expanding marketplace, improving competition in a currently somewhat-monopolized space.

It seems that most of the major vendors (BFL, kncminer, etc) have promising designs but are, as of yet, slow to get their supply chains going and products shipping. Our team has relationships with many custom ASIC chip developers for defense applications, and I believe these relationships and our experience delivering these chips to defense clients will assist us in meeting our deadlines better than prior firms.

Please feel free to check out www.asictechnologies.com and post feedback here. I'm a new registrant to this forum, but not new to reading about complaints about the current companies, so i anticipate this post will be moved to the custom mining hardware thread.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:51:53 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 06:06:54 AM by niko

Hi All,

I would like to introduce you to ASIC Technologies, www.asictechnologies.com. ASIC Technologies started in late 2012 as an exploratory project by a small team of ASIC and FPGA chip designers working at defense OEMs and a fab who were interested in the potential of Bitcoin and pleased by the success of the first advanced mining systems. Since development of these chips was our speciality at work, we decided to investigate our ability to develop a custom chip for hashing Bitcoin. As our design matured in early 2013, we grew confident our products will meet target specifications and compete with others in the expanding marketplace, improving competition in a currently somewhat-monopolized space.

It seems that most of the major vendors (BFL, kncminer, etc) have promising designs but are, as of yet, slow to get their supply chains going and products shipping. Our team has relationships with many custom ASIC chip developers for defense applications, and I believe these relationships and our experience delivering these chips to defense clients will assist us in meeting our deadlines better than prior firms.

Please feel free to check out www.asictechnologies.com and post feedback here. I'm a new registrant to this forum, but not new to reading about complaints about the current companies, so i anticipate this post will be moved to the custom mining hardware thread.

Thanks!

Nice!  Can I just pay now, and have you deliver later?

Kidding. The "contact" page currently does not provide any contact information.

GoDaddy claims:

ASICTECHNOLOGIES.COM
PO Box 32552
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
United States

Registrant
Domains By Proxy, LLC

Misplaced in your FAQ section is this phone number: (605) 939 – 7882

Not sure what to make of it all.

Nothing found on sdsos.gov/Business/Search.aspx

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:06:46 AM

If only.... 1/4 of these were real.  I mean how many people would fall for this. 
niko

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:11:44 AM

If only.... 1/4 of these were real.  I mean how many people would fall for this.  
Even better, ask yourself how many morons would spend time and money registering a domain anonymously, building a Web site, coming up with a narrative, images, etc. - then spending more time answering the inquiries, responding here, and all that for what - a couple of thousands of dollars at best? A failed life is a failed life.

01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:18:00 AM

Always sceptical as usual but at least your website is nicely done.

The fact that you take only PayPal make it seem a little bit more legit.

Now post more detailed technical specs and how you plan to deliver on time.

Thanks.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:19:43 AM

I want to hear more about prospect shipping dates. Too many companies are doing preorders and based on past performance it's becoming more of a liability than anything.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:23:13 AM

Key Target Specifications:
Hashrate: 100 GH/s (+/-5%)
Power Consumption: 500W (+/- 5%)
Seem too good to be true. What nm size do you plan to use?
WaRz0r

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:29:14 AM

Hes using a new design 1nm chips! with 1th/s per chip output.

What a legend Smiley

PS. My post is a joke...
ASICTechnologies (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 02:43:58 PM

Certainly fair and not unexpected comments. To answer a few of these, we have filed with SDSOS, but it will probably take up to 10 days to complete. We're in process of setting up an office, since our small team is in several locations around the US, it hasn't been worthwhile to set up a physical address just yet. We registered the domain by proxy because, understandably, I dont like my personal information all over the internet - I'm sure any of you would do the same at first.

We are currently in a 28nm design flow, and as for shipping date, we are scheduling into a run, but essentially it hinges entirely on the success of our offering. If we get enough orders, we'll be delivering in 2-3 months. If not, we'll have to refund what orders we have taken so far and pursue venture capital, which is much more expensive and will impact our prices. I figure the peace of mind offered with Paypal should help in making the case that we are legitimate. @warzor still working on those 1nm chips...
socket

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Your website has zero history as there is nothing at archive.org that would indicate you existed before 2013 (or even before this month actually).  It also provides no substantive information about your operation.  So can you provide this forum with some real information about your company?  The real names of your companies officers and a physical mailing address?
gettincoin

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:00:37 PM

All new companies are New at some point.  I'm certainly interested and almost willing to "risk" a little $$, but still BFL shy.... 

I'll wait until you show up on https://sdsos.gov/business/Search.aspx?name=ASICTechnologies&soundex=0 before becoming more serious... 

What else do you plan to offer as assurance?
socket

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:04:29 PM

All new companies are New at some point.  I'm certainly interested and almost willing to "risk" a little $$, but still BFL shy.... 

I'll wait until you show up on https://sdsos.gov/business/Search.aspx?name=ASICTechnologies&soundex=0 before becoming more serious... 

What else do you plan to offer as assurance?

Dude.. this guy is claiming they're an established ASIC company that's just moving into Bitcoin:

"...and I believe these relationships and our experience delivering these chips to defense clients will assist us in meeting our deadlines better than prior firms."
gettincoin

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:07:52 PM

I get the impression that the people have been involved with that, but possibly not the company they are forming??  Working for contractors now branching out on their own perhaps?  I could be wrong for sure.
socket

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:16:05 PM

I get the impression that the people have been involved with that, but possibly not the company they are forming??  Working for contractors now branching out on their own perhaps?  I could be wrong for sure.

Then why didn't they just say that?  It's kinda odd you're willing to serve up explanations for them so readily.

Saying you're making a Bitcoin ASIC is a huge claim.  It's amazing how willing people are to take words on a forum at face value with basically *zero* evidence.
Bitcoin Merchant

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:24:35 PM

its a scam guys dont fall for it
socket

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:28:44 PM

its a scam guys dont fall for it

The reason I'm so aggressive about dealing with these people is I'm sick of seeing 10 new ASIC scam sites a day pop up.  Flashy websites and computer rendered images of nonexistent BFL looking hardware is a dime a dozen.
gettincoin

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

Agreed, wishful thinking..  I'm only new to mining with GPU power up to about 600Mh, and now branching in to the USB Erupters, but something like this changes the game and I'm hoping the best.

I'll not be the early guinea pig though that's for sure.

Plus, was working on getting out of newbie jail so I can get in on the latest USB Miner buy Wink

J35st3r

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:36:27 PM

We are currently in a 28nm design flow, and as for shipping date, we are scheduling into a run, but essentially it hinges entirely on the success of our offering. If we get enough orders, we'll be delivering in 2-3 months. If not, we'll have to refund what orders we have taken so far and pursue venture capital, which is much more expensive and will impact our prices. I figure the peace of mind offered with Paypal should help in making the case that we are legitimate. @warzor still working on those 1nm chips...

I hope you realise what you are claiming here is quite extraordinary. Is this a Full Custom design, or a Structured ASIC, and are you using a dedicated mask set or MPW Shuttle. Reply carefully, your reputation will depend on your answer.

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
niko

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:07:14 PM

We registered the domain by proxy because, understandably, I dont like my personal information all over the internet - I'm sure any of you would do the same at first.

No. That is not how business is done. That is how scams are done.

If you want to do business, kindly provide some verifiable material. Your name, CV, LinkedIn profile, business registration. Advertise your skills. Who are you, and why would anyone trust you with their money. Obviously, you don't really care about getting real customers in by providing good reasons for them. You care about getting the suckers in. That's what all this looks like.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:21:55 PM

Here we go again...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: