Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:58:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Countries with low taxes on Bitcoin profits  (Read 511 times)
Rafael101 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:11:54 PM

I'm currenty living in Norway. Here we have to pay 24 percent taxes on cryptocurrency profits, and in addition ca 1 percent each year in wealth taxes (i.e., if you own 50 BTC you have to sell 0.5 BTC each year to pay the wealth tax). Because of the tax burden I'm seriously considering moving to another country. Any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:21:51 PM

Good luck trying to find a country with significantly less than that. Where I am the long term capital gains tax ranges from 16-24% too depending on how much you make and I would imagine this is the same with most 1st

world countries. You may be lucky and find the 1 country that doesnt have taxation for it yet but I wouldnt hold my breathe on it.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:32:31 PM

I'm currenty living in Norway. Here we have to pay 24 percent taxes on cryptocurrency profits, and in addition ca 1 percent each year in wealth taxes (i.e., if you own 50 BTC you have to sell 0.5 BTC each year to pay the wealth tax). Because of the tax burden I'm seriously considering moving to another country. Any suggestions?

I'm very curious how did you report income from bitcoin?
For example, in my country, I couldn't report income from cryptocurrency, only ''second income'' from abroad since cryptocurrency or internet income is not recognized by tax office Smiley
I had to pay 25 % tax on my income but couldn't report it as internet income plus I had to pay some additional contributions.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Rafael101 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:34:31 PM

I think the wealth tax is worse than the capital gains tax. I could live with 16-24% capital gains as long as I don't have to pay taxes for hodling my own coins.
radeone

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:35:29 PM

Central American countries apparently don't care. Costa Rica and Panama come to mind and they have decent internet access. Good luck man.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
Rafael101 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:41:10 PM

I'm very curious how did you report income from bitcoin?
For example, in my country, I couldn't report income from cryptocurrency, only ''second income'' from abroad since cryptocurrency or internet income is not recognized by tax office Smiley
I had to pay 25 % tax on my income but couldn't report it as internet income plus I had to pay some additional contributions.

We just write down our profits in the tax return under a post called "Other taxable income".
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 07:52:26 PM

0.5 TC is huge now that btc keeps rising. if the price goes beyond 10K USD, you seriously need to move somewhere else. if my government also ask us this huge, i'm just going to declare i'm jobless and sell my house and stay on the jungle for good.  Grin  no kidding. hold on.. i'm gonna drink up my beer.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Rafael101 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:01:05 PM

I don't mind paying a small amount in capital gains taxes when I cash out, it's the wealth tax that is really annoying. 1 percent may sound little, but it adds up. After 25 years one quarter of your BTC will be taxed away even if you just hodl.
Iwuzhaxxed

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Russian hackers stole my legendary account. :(

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:17:53 PM

I also looked into this since I have a lot of BTC to convert to fiat.

This is the shit list. I wouldn't live in any of these countries. Either they are 3rd world or their laws are too strict. They all seem to have problems...

Algeria    
UAE    
Bahrain    
Jordan    
Israel    
Iran    
Egypt    
Saudi Arabia    

Then I found out that the Caymen Islands also has zero percent tax on capital gains. I'm considering moving there into a nice beach house.

Rafael101 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:07:54 PM

This is the shit list. I wouldn't live in any of these countries. Either they are 3rd world or their laws are too strict. They all seem to have problems...

Algeria    
UAE    
Bahrain    
Jordan    
Israel    
Iran    
Egypt    
Saudi Arabia    

Then I found out that the Caymen Islands also has zero percent tax on capital gains. I'm considering moving there into a nice beach house.

All these countries have zero taxes on Bitcoin profits? If I had to pick one of these, it would have to be Israel. But I'd much prefer living in a non-shithole country with moderate taxes (maximum 20% capital gains and no wealth tax).

(I don't think Israel is a shithole, but all of their neighbours are)

Cayman is very isolated and very expensive. Especially if you want to go back and visit your family and friends now and then.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:59:32 PM

You can try moving to countries without BTC Taxes. Move to 3rd world countries. Philippines can be an ideal place to move to just don't go beyond Makati City or BGC because internet connectivity outsidr these areas are far worse.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Rafael101 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:53:09 AM

Problem is, you never now what governments decide to do there, on a short notice or no notice at all.
mashort

Activity: 281

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:46:46 PM

it is unwise to call a country shithole, some of the major problems in those countries were caused by USA
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:07:12 PM

Bitcoin is considered legal here in the Philippines but so far the governments still haven't released a comprehensive set of rules. I tried looking up information but it seems that it is still not taxable here. The spread in the few exchanges that we have though is quite huge for my liking (around 200 USD).
QlooQl

Activity: 322
Merit: 122

Hello World!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:26:19 AM

I think this will become an important question soon. We could even see a crytocurrency repatriation holiday in some countries. I get the feeling people will be taking vacations to low tax nations that happen to have big exchanges. Interesting future. I can only hope one day i can be one of the lucky ones with a tax problem.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:04:15 AM

There are plenty of countries with no regulations at all so you could probably look into those. You can also not declare your profits if it's that big of a deal, but it's a very bad idea.
danuker

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:39:11 AM

There are plenty of countries with no regulations at all so you could probably look into those.

In Romania, the tax people said they don't have a legal framework for taxing Bitcoin profits, so they don't tax them, for now at least. This is because Bitcoin is not considered a currency, financial instrument, product nor service.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE (RO): http://evz.ro/tranzactiile-cu-monedele-bitcoin-nu-sunt-impozitate-de-finante-u.html
GOOGLE TRANSLATE (EN): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ro&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fevz.ro%2Ftranzactiile-cu-monedele-bitcoin-nu-sunt-impozitate-de-finante-u.html&edit-text=&act=url

However, if you use a Romanian bank account, you will be met with lots of confusion when explaining this, and might actually have to pay the 16% capital gains tax regardless.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE (RO): https://goanadupabitcoin.ro/analize-generale/impozite-pe-bitcoin-platesti-profiturile.html
GOOGLE TRANSLATE (EN): https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ro&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://goanadupabitcoin.ro/analize-generale/impozite-pe-bitcoin-platesti-profiturile.html&usg=ALkJrhhdXY0UzX10nMMXLQMr0pS3zBSdcw
China8888

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:02:45 PM

Hong Kong zero tax.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
September11

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:19:13 AM

Algeria    
UAE    
Bahrain    
Jordan    
Israel    
Iran    
Egypt    
Saudi Arabia    

Is it your guess or you really know for sure that taxes for Bitcoin revenues are 0% in these countries?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
babar123

Activity: 481
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:57:41 PM

someone know about slovenia and ukrain ? i heard it was 0% i need a confirm please before moving
can someone confirm 100% that there is a country with very low tax or 0% tax for activ trading profits, scalping, and say which ?
thanks)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: