Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:40:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Onda D1800 BTC: Code 12 error  (Read 602 times)
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:30:52 AM

I could use some help from everyone on the forum. I am trying to figure out what the issue is on my test rig at the moment to determine if i want to pursue buying more of this motherboard. I have everything installed and turned on, installed windows 10 as i use Awesome Miner and i am running into an code 12 issue.

I have tried contacting the manufactures of the motherboard, but they are located in china and the reply to my message was only "ok..." after a week of waiting for a reply, i have downloaded a bios update they have listed on the website, but its not letting me install, because the windows version im using is x64 i think and i see no option in the bios to update it via that route.

Mother Board: Onda D1800 BTC
Memory: 8GB DDR3L
GPU's: 6x 1080ti's
HD: mSata 164GB

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:39:12 AM

Yeah, the D1800 can be a bit tricky to get going - first things first, since you've already downloaded their latest bios, here's how you install it:

#1, format a bootable USB thumb drive with FreeDos on it using Rufus:
      https://rufus.akeo.ie/
#2, copy the files onto the root of the thumb drive
#3, put the thumbdrive in the system, press ESC while booting and from the boot menu select the thumb drive
#4, once DOS is booted, you just type F at the prompt and hit enter - they include the batch file to run the utility.

That should be it - I usually go in and set the BIOS settings back to factory defaults, and then tweak from there.

BTW, you can also grab their TPE driver there, and it will get rid of that missing driver warning as well.  Wink
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:59:59 AM

Thanks on informing me of the way to install the latest bios, actually since posting this post i noticed they added the driver for that issue just in the last day or so

I am updating the bios right now and we will see what happens when its done, hopely i can get all of this working....

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
N0pr3s3n7

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:00:51 AM

Thanks on informing me of the way to install the latest bios, actually since posting this post i noticed they added the driver for that issue just in the last day or so

I am updating the bios right now and we will see what happens when its done, hopely i can get all of this working....

I think that actually someone posted that 6x 1080 ti are not working on this mobo (or at least on the 8 slots version , but guess since this , u will be able to max out 3-4 cards of this type ) , because they draw too much power and I think it might be an issue of the mobo not able to handle to power it needs to distribute over the PCIE slots. Try with less cards - 4 (or put 6 but mix them 3-3 with 1060 for example) ,  and let us know what happens , also I had this warning , but restarting the rig fixed it . Though I got 3x 1060 and 2x 1070 on it for now.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:22:05 AM

FWIW, I have one system with 2x 1080 TI's and 4x 1070's and it works fine - but like
N0pr3s3n7 says, 6x 1080 TI's may be too much for it's little J1800 heart.  Wink
hmchf

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:57:48 AM

hey guys,
I can't even get that far... my D1800 just gets into a reboot loop trying to load linux live usb
Tried the FreeDOS bootable usb according to MarkAz's steps, but the same... after the logo its just blank screen for maybe 90 sec and it reboots itself.

Any suggestions?
Silverglide

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:58:17 PM

I too have an ONDA D1800 BTC without english docs or manuals, who has managed to get it mostly working. I would like a little help so I do not cook it's BIOS while trying to Flash the upgrades to it.
First question can I just flash it with the last one dealing with the Vega fixes, or should I do all of them sequentially?
I prepared a Rufus 4gb usb key and loaded the 7zip uncompressed rar files onto it. I am able to get a C prompt on the screen output and see the Onda files with the curly thing when I do a dir. It has been a few decades since I last saw a C prompt. What do I do next to load the right files without mass destruction?

Thank you in advance.
patrikwrosen

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:01:29 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 09:16:20 PM by patrikwrosen

I too have an ONDA D1800 BTC without english docs or manuals, who has managed to get it mostly working. I would like a little help so I do not cook it's BIOS while trying to Flash the upgrades to it.
First question can I just flash it with the last one dealing with the Vega fixes, or should I do all of them sequentially?
I prepared a Rufus 4gb usb key and loaded the 7zip uncompressed rar files onto it. I am able to get a C prompt on the screen output and see the Onda files with the curly thing when I do a dir. It has been a few decades since I last saw a C prompt. What do I do next to load the right files without mass destruction?

Thank you in advance.

If you've reached the prompt, type F and hit enter and the upgrade should run by itself.
I did that and after that my onda doesnt like me anymore. Seems like something went wrong after the Bios upgrade.
I downloaded the new one with the VEGA fix and copy that into the root of the USB drive after formatting following the instructions above in this thread.

Now when I start it, CPU fan starts, keyboard light turnes on, it makes one beep and then nothing...no VGA output at all.
I've tried to reset the bios through removing the CR2032 battery (which wasnt included) for 10-20 seconds and trying to start the motherboard to really empty it on power. I've moved the blue jumper to the reset pins turned on the PSU (which doesnt start the machine) to reset it, move the jumper back, and tried again, same beep and nothing.

My second ONDA D1800 MB has been running rock stable with 6 x 1060 GPU's for a month now

Any suggestions how to move forward?

Best Regards Patrik

itekreps

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:03:11 PM

Thank you in advance.

If you've reached the prompt, type F and hit enter and the upgrade should run by itself.
I did that and after that my onda doesnt like me anymore. Seems like something went wrong after the Bios upgrade.
I downloaded the new one with the VEGA fix and copy that into the root of the USB drive after formatting following the instructions above in this thread.

Now when I start it, CPU fan starts, keyboard light turnes on, it makes one beep and then nothing...no VGA output at all.
I've tried to reset the bios through removing the CR2032 battery (which wasnt included) for 10-20 seconds and trying to start the motherboard to really empty it on power. I've moved the blue jumper to the reset pins turned on the PSU (which doesnt start the machine) to reset it, move the jumper back, and tried again, same beep and nothing.

My second ONDA D1800 MB has been running rock stable with 6 x 1060 GPU's for a month now

Any suggestions how to move forward?

Best Regards Patrik

I had the same problem, updated bios and found out that vga is not default. must plug in a video card and use monitor. Now I can not get more than 3 cards to work. Does anyone have their bios settings for the PCIE info? I have tried AUTO, Gen1, Gen2, turning on 4G enabled. I am not sure what I am missing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: