Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum heading to the moon? Speculation Thread  (Read 3000 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 12:17:07 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 04:49:10 PM by TimtheYoutuber

My YouTube discussion video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqj1zn4qDQo

I am thinking about ethereum in terms of its tokens, and not in terms of its scaling solutions, casper etc

In order for ethereum to really succeed more projects need to be created that actually have some sort of utility. Right now we can already see projects that look good conceptually and we can look into individual sectors and see the innovative thinking that is going on in regards to crypto currency. However these are just ideas, which is nice because it helps you see the direction in which cryptocurrency is going and it allows you to think about future sectors which could be affected by cryptocurrency. However if Ethereum is going to succeed we are going to need to see some projects actually work and be implemented. Vitalik Buterin says it perfectly in a talk “ This, basically, is tokens1.0”. In 2018-2019 we will likely see more useful projects, and projects that have had at least a year of development to actually work. Most of these projects don't actually have a MVP, so we will need to see a few of them try the technology that they are promising and have them fail. We haven't really had a taste of what will fail and what won't, which is why there are hundreds of different ICO’s tackling issues. Once some of these fund raising giants fail, we will start to see projects emerge with huge success. Most of the projects on the market right now, are just ideas and the technology is not feasible. So we will need to see them fail, and allow other coins to emerge fixing those problems. I think there are more interesting projects, that are not raising huge ICO funds. And the reason that I think they are interesting, is because they are reasonable. I also think there is a huge problem with the white paper models that are being produced, most of them don't even have a sustainable plan to keep the token or coin economically efficient. People have to want to utilize the coin, and hold the coin if it is too rise. Way too much artificial pumping is occurring which is hurting the cryptocurrency community, however I think we will see some of that change next year.

What do you guys think?

Positivebetting

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:34:25 AM

Hi.
I think ETH price is still very dependent on how BTC price moves and to be honest I believe they are kind of competitors. The reason why I see a good future for ETH is that governments are working more and more to control BTC, which has became centralized, while ETH remains decentralized.
If one day, BTC loses its initial attractive qualities (mainly the anonymity), I believe a lot of people could go for ETH instead, with an obvious effect on the price.
But don't forget Bitcoin is still the front runner and it is gonna last for a while I think. People investing into ETH should be very patient.
You also make a good point about ICOs funding, this can't last forever, a lot of money is made on "air" these days. I just hope this money would go to Bitcoin or Ether instead  Smiley
theguy217

Activity: 76
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:59:17 AM

Ethereum is another coin that is really interesting and totally has a lot of potential in the future to grow more and more.
Low transactions fees, fast confirmations (literally take less than a minute) and an ever growing smart contracts system.

What else do you want from a crypto currency ?
I guess the only thing that is holding its price down at a certain range is the fact that miners sell their ether on a constant basis.

Which means that I assume Ethereum's price will be much much higher when it switches to proof of stake. Well it's when they decide to do it which is totally unknown until today.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:45:57 AM

Well this will sound i am hyping ethereum but I think coin will replace bitcoin as the top crypto currency maybe not in the near future but probably after 10-15 years of course this is just a speculation. I hold both and regardless which end on top at least i am sure that i will enjoy the ride.
Scor Pio

Activity: 393
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:52:07 AM

ethereum is the best altcoin at this moment,
the price is going down because of BTC show his power,
and i still believe the value of eth will hit $1000 but i think not in this year , maybe next years
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:55:44 AM

Hi.
I think ETH price is still very dependent on how BTC price moves and to be honest I believe they are kind of competitors. The reason why I see a good future for ETH is that governments are working more and more to control BTC, which has became centralized, while ETH remains decentralized.
If one day, BTC loses its initial attractive qualities (mainly the anonymity), I believe a lot of people could go for ETH instead, with an obvious effect on the price.
But don't forget Bitcoin is still the front runner and it is gonna last for a while I think. People investing into ETH should be very patient.
You also make a good point about ICOs funding, this can't last forever, a lot of money is made on "air" these days. I just hope this money would go to Bitcoin or Ether instead  Smiley

Agreed, ETH price is always depend on the bitcoin price. If you look at the price of bitcoin right now, the price is so high and it makes the Ethereum price fall. Ethereum is a very good project of course, but the price is still and Ethereum is the most succesful altcoin so far.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 04:32:21 AM

ethereum is a coin that creating to scammers, Scammers easily create their own tokens to Profit from ICO or airdrops with smartcontract ethreum. Look in the market now, many tokens ethereum is a fraud.

that is the reason why the price of Bitcoin is better than Ethereum
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:18:13 AM

ethereum is a coin that creating to scammers, Scammers easily create their own tokens to Profit from ICO or airdrops with smartcontract ethreum. Look in the market now, many tokens ethereum is a fraud.

that is the reason why the price of Bitcoin is better than Ethereum

I do not think so. Anonymity - this does not always mean fraud. The price of the etherium is lower, because it appeared much later than bitcoin and it is more difficult for it to take the first place.

Board-Room

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:13:51 AM

I've never understood why the price of Ethereum should substantially go up. It's a utility coin, and on top of that used in many ICOs, so until POS or other forms of staking are introduced I wouldn't bet on it going up much.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:55:22 AM

if by moon you mean the center of the earth yes maybe  Smiley

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Delicat

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:11:43 AM

not sure about where its heading right now, for early adopters, ETH is already in the moon. but now the value just floating around so there is little reason for it to explode again.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:27:25 AM

My idea is like this; Ethereum is already priced good. And nowadays it is highest price periods for ethereum. When icos start to use other platforms and blockchains for their tokens ethereum will start to drop.
sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:37:50 AM

Ethereum is a very decent crypto with strong and active team, outstanding tech and really wide usage. But currently it is affected by scammers in the same proportion as Bitcoin by speculators. Next trend is unclear yet, will their count reduce or just grow and that can change everything. On the other hand I think ETH is undervalued against BTC anyway, their caps should be comparable, so 3x grow looks reasonable and even can occur till the end of year.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:01:00 PM

I deeply regret a lot of new projects just to raise funds and enrich the developers only. Project stop on the road and no latest updates, this obviously adds to the garbage token. I think etherium developers should be clear who can use their platform, so not just anyone can make it.
oxonhu

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:05:16 PM

i love ethereum have to say that. actually i am so angry with btc rigth now and even i dont get why ethereum is still depend on btc price. ethereum have so big potential still to grow up , i can't say when but eth =1000$ is not far away. maybe end of this year or next year and when  will grow up that would be so quick not in a month , will be so quick in 2-3 days .
there are 100s of alts and actually each one sell to us their dream , not their product. there will be product , im sure for that but not for all and now rigth now. if you look ethereum , there is a really working system. everyday people send ethereum or other alts in this platform, they buy or sell alts in this platform and there are still many many new ICOs based ethereum.
i  think not for short term but middle long term ethereum can reach 0.1 btc and that would be fair. you know, all Gods need a son !

junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:42:33 AM

Well this will sound i am hyping ethereum but I think coin will replace bitcoin as the top crypto currency maybe not in the near future but probably after 10-15 years of course this is just a speculation. I hold both and regardless which end on top at least i am sure that i will enjoy the ride.
Good point, if world wide governments work hard to track Bitcoin transactions, tax them and make sure to know who is behind everything, all people who were holding Bitcoin for anonymity purpose may switch to other options. Bitcoin may lose its attractiveness which should benefit to altcoins, so obviously the first winner in such a scenario would be Ethereum.
Hope this does not happen but this is within the realms of possibilities.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 04:33:54 PM

Hi.

Yeah I totally agree, bitcoin will be around for a bit longer. We may see changes though in the distant future Smiley

Ethereum is another coin that is really interesting and totally has a lot of potential in the future to grow more and more.
Low transactions fees, fast confirmations (literally take less than a minute) and an ever growing smart contracts system.

What else do you want from a crypto currency ?
I guess the only thing that is holding its price down at a certain range is the fact that miners sell their ether on a constant basis.

Which means that I assume Ethereum's price will be much much higher when it switches to proof of stake. Well it's when they decide to do it which is totally unknown until today.

There is also a ton of ethereum coins, I think in a few years the demand for a coin will go up significantly and then it will be worth more.

I hope that is true :p

ethereum is the best altcoin at this moment,
the price is going down because of BTC show his power,
and i still believe the value of eth will hit $1000 but i think not in this year , maybe next years

I think by late next year we will all be happy we held the coin Smiley

Positivebetting
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:56:02 PM

Ethereum is a very decent crypto with strong and active team, outstanding tech and really wide usage. But currently it is affected by scammers in the same proportion as Bitcoin by speculators. Next trend is unclear yet, will their count reduce or just grow and that can change everything. On the other hand I think ETH is undervalued against BTC anyway, their caps should be comparable, so 3x grow looks reasonable and even can occur till the end of year.
I think this is the main issue with ETH, the number of scams involving ETH has gone up a lot and it makes sense since many projects are based on the ETH platform but lately things have gotten out of control, which is not surprising taking into account all the icos we have at the moment, but I think this is one of the biggest things that is holding back ETH at the moment, besides the price is already very high and it is going to be more difficult that the price goes any higher with bitcoin as strong as it is right now.
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:11:07 PM

I think ETH has the potential to head to the moon, but I agree with OP. We are going to need to see actual use cases. Real products/services and real problems solved. Once that starts happening, then ETH will really move north!

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

I think ETH has the potential to head to the moon, but I agree with OP. We are going to need to see actual use cases. Real products/services and real problems solved. Once that starts happening, then ETH will really move north!

I think we will be seeing a change in ICO's in the next year. ETH to the moon!

Positivebetting
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: