Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:08:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't any ALTS picking up post BTC-BTG fork?  (Read 136 times)
sydcrypt (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:25:09 AM

Well I was assuming that soon after the 25th OCT fork, people would sell their BTC and their free BTGs, and invest in some ALTS. But I don't see any of that happening. Any reason why has the ALTs market come to a stall?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:28:51 PM

that is be cause people never do that. by the end of the day everyone goes back to bitcoin despite what they may claim (lie) about in public. there are of course others who will always be bag holders but that is a different story.

the prices of altcoins went up though. so your expectation was not that far off the mark. but they never went to the moon as you may have thought because they weren't ready for a pump as long as the dumping was ongoing and the alt bubbles still intact.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:50:26 PM

Because a lot of people thought that sellling their altcoins and holding bitcoins would make them have 10000% profit with that garbage BTG. So they made altcoins market bleed and then when all the fork thing was over they came back to buy altcoins (which at this point some had rised up price) and they didnt loaded up their bags of altcoins again. Mistakes were made and lessons learned. A friend of mine sold his altcoins for 2 BTC and was expecting receive 2 BTG hoping it was to the moon and once he received it he saw the price falling down and his altcoins rising to the moon, poor guy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: