Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:34:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Coin (GLC) Info Thread - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency [NEW THREAD]  (Read 59391 times)
Sothh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 06:07:43 PM

I believe in GoldCoin as a frontrunner amongst the coins in the long term.

I thank everyone for checking out my site at DigitalGoldCoin.com

And I think that if more people in the GoldCoin community were to do similar little projects for GoldCoin, then all of us stand to benefit immensely ( Get going you sluggards! ), and as the GoldCoin network grows then the GoldCoin community should also grow along with that, and that should be reflected with higher activity at gldtalk.org and also increased interest in acquiring GoldCoins at cryptsy.com

I need to say that neither DigitalGoldCoin.com nor myself, endorse anyone doing 'twerking' to advertise GoldCoins.
In fact, it is one of my personal beliefs that people should refrain from putting their own pictures or pictures of others onto the internet, as this may be something that is troubling at another time in life, and tempting men with sexually suggestive arousal is akin to playing the part of the devil/serpent in the garden of eden, or perhaps the role of Eve as she tempted Adam to eat the forbidden fruit.

Filthy lucre.

If you like the work I am doing for Goldcoin, then please send me some GoldCoins.

Here is my GoldCoin address:

Dz2Eof7UqSfRA1PpSDeubyca5z3L4wb6QW

Thank you very much Smiley
Oh look, there's the ignore button.  I am tired of hearing this same BS over and over.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:29:34 AM

Your Alexa is 21+... You should check SXC's niche blog for adult content for an example of how to do it right.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
fendlestick

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 12:37:23 PM

Credit where its due! You are down to 5 on alexa, congrats! You have definitely improved your rankings.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 03:15:10 PM

Daily reminder that GLDCoin is a scam, and your money is better invested elsewhere:

http://cryptolife.net/goldcoin-the-scam-that-keeps-on-giving

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 03:48:50 PM

To celebrate the brand new Goldcoin Wallet App (now available in Google Play Store) we're giving away a ton of gold!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303535.0

Be sure to stayed tuned for our big Indiegogo announcement coming soon!  Cheesy

AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:45:50 PM

To celebrate the brand new Goldcoin Wallet App (now available in Google Play Store) we're giving away a ton of gold!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303535.0

Be sure to stayed tuned for our big Indiegogo announcement coming soon!  Cheesy

Nice.
bitcoin-world.de

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

bitcoin-world.de - The european information source

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:58:56 PM

Daily reminder that GLDCoin is a scam, and your money is better invested elsewhere:

As a supporter of Goldcoins, of course because of its name and the new android app and I speak for the european community we want MicroGuy to answer to the above information about GoldCoin to make this coin transparent for all people and make it to a fair coin. I can understand why People think that GoldCoin is a scam Coin with a developer as a scammer who only have millions of GoldCoins and make only pump and dump to get peoples money, but we want Micro Guys officiall answer to this article from the above given link. I hope we can make this beautiful coin better and better for the future.
akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:17:13 PM

As a supporter of Goldcoins, of course because of its name and the new android app and I speak for the european community we want MicroGuy to answer to the above information about GoldCoin to make this coin transparent for all people and make it to a fair coin. I can understand why People think that GoldCoin is a scam Coin with a developer as a scammer who only have millions of GoldCoins and make only pump and dump to get peoples money, but we want Micro Guys officiall answer to this article from the above given link. I hope we can make this beautiful coin better and better for the future.

I'll give you the truth, so stop believing the lies people have been spreading about us since day 1 (mostly out of jealousy to be honest, imo they are the same type of thinkers as the banksters that ruined the world's current financial system and don't like an underdog rising from the dust that isn't completely under their control)

GoldCoin Lead Developer here,

I was here from the beginning and I want to say a few things with regards to this article, first off to the idea of calling GoldCoin a "scamcoin".. this author needs to re-check his facts(that and stop pulling new facts out of his rear),

Things the reader should know,

1:GoldCoin was NEVER insta-mined, it was open to the public, and actually ADVERTISED a reward structure that welcomed early adopters, this is something we advertised and set out to do, not something we pulled out of the blue like the author seems to imply. Of course many coins were created day 1, that is the way you create coin liquidity, people don't tend to feel good about working with huge decimals if 1 usd = 0.001 XYZ coin..

Oh and BTW.. this is our actual coin reward structure:
Block 0: 50 coins (Genesis block)
Block 1 - 200: 10000 coins (initial liquidity, a lot of this was given out in bounties/freebies)
Block 201-2200: 1000 coins (A lot of these were mined by various bitcoin talk forum members)
Block 2201-44999: 500 coins (These were mined over a period of ~2 months!) (Total of 21,399,000 COINS!)
Block  45000-Current: ~45 coins (actual formula is (int64)(50.0/(1.1 + 0.49*((nHeight-45000)/262800))))

This allows us to continue having block rewards over the next 100 years, with a gradual block reward reduction coming to a total of ~123,423,900 (mimicking the rarity of real gold-initially easy to find and then more difficult as time goes on).

2:GoldCoin's initial developer was an unstable person that caused havoc for the coin which is why the coin "died"(It never really died, it's just that we've been under a smear campaign orchestrated from some people who prefer that GLD doesn't rise).

3:GoldCoin held the title of highest volume on Cryptsy for a very long time, a lot of the "day 1" coins in question have been traded and spent already. In fact, GoldCoin recently had the honor of being the first coin on Cryptsy to be traded in BOTH LTC and BTC markets. The Crypsty staff know first hand how many times we've been attacked verbally/through scheming and they also know first hand that we are one the most deserving and caring CryptoCoin communities out there).

4:The author the article in question, "Hazard", is the coder of many pump/dump coins and has been against us for a very good reason. We are competition for his seemingly endless junkcoin lineup... (Don't take my word for this, go ahead and do the research yourself!).

5:The block reward was lowered to 45 yes, but not lightly, for the longest time we wanted to lower it to 400(proof of this can be found in the code and the github history). See what happened was that the initial developer messed up and broke the block reward code, causing us to be stuck on a 500 block reward for far longer than initially planned... it would have meant 100M+ coins generated in the first year alone, and an INFINITE total number of coins, obviously we couldn't let this happen. So we went to work designing a plan that would rectify the situation.. there was only one problem with it... we didn't have enough hashpower at the time (barely 40MH/s) to afford even a drop to 400, it would have very quickly caused us to become ~10% profitability vs LTC, which would have resulted in total network abandonment/serious vulnerability to 51%ers.

So we decided, with support from the community, to drop it to 45. However, you need to keep in mind that according to the original GLD plan, we should have already been at 200, so it was really offset by the extended 500 block mining period.

All of this is addressed in the official patch documentation

http://gldcoin.com/documents/GoldCoin_Patch_v1.2.pdf

Have a little faith my friends, there are some large holders that try to scare people into selling their GLD, don't believe them, hold steadfast.

We have a release coming up ~next week.
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:20:35 PM

The block values I pulled are what they were during the initial launch of the coin. Your "updated" values are even worse.

Introducing so many coins at once, to a small group of people, is not liquidity. That is what we call scamming.

There was absolutely no reason to "relaunch" this abomination of a coin that had a billion and one problems wrong with it. If you guys weren't interested in scamming the community, you would have released an entirely new coin instead.

The peons get to mine ~50 coin blocks, while the goldcoin elite sit on their stash of several million that were easily acquired. Seems a bit messed up, don't you think?

akumaburn

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:29:56 PM

The block values I pulled are what they were during the initial launch of the coin. Your "updated" values are even worse.

Introducing so many coins at once, to a small group of people, is not liquidity. That is what we call scamming.

There was absolutely no reason to "relaunch" this abomination of a coin that had a billion and one problems wrong with it. If you guys weren't interested in scamming the community, you would have released an entirely new coin instead.

The peons get to mine ~50 coin blocks, while the goldcoin elite sit on their stash of several million that were easily acquired. Seems a bit messed up, don't you think?

Says the creator of how many Junkcoins?

What small group of people?, the gld community is vast and the spread is enormous,

Anyone who doubts this can check our Cryptsy volume week 1 of release...
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:34:30 PM

Can't defend yourself so you resort to ad hominem? Okay.

What small group of people, the gld community is vast and the spread is enormous,

Most people already know GLD was launched as a scam, and relaunched as a scam. The only people you're fooling are newbies who don't know any better. Pathetic.

akumaburn

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:43:14 PM

Can't defend yourself so you resort to ad hominem? Okay.

What small group of people, the gld community is vast and the spread is enormous,

Most people already know GLD was launched as a scam, and relaunched as a scam. The only people you're fooling are newbies who don't know any better. Pathetic.

Sorry but HYPOCRISY has meaning in my book and you are full of it sir.

You make a ton of scam coins for other people and then call us out as being a scam coin?
ad hominem or not, you are being hypocritical besides being generally wrong.

GLD was a good coin, with good support that happened to run into some strange troubles with the initial developer. We came along and fixed it, and now certain people are understandably jealous that the attention is off their pump/dump copy paste coins.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:44:27 PM

After reading this "article" I'm somewhat surprised that anyone took it seriously. It was written by a person offering a comical "coin generation" service. I was unable to find a shred of truth (or any signs of intelligence) in the entire piece. This guy even managed to get the new block reward numbers wrong.

His negatively biased spin makes me believe he has an axe to grind. Basically the "article" just accuses me of lying over and over without providing any sort of examples as to what I've supposedly lied about. It says I've tried to bury the history of Goldcoin when in fact we've included this information time and time again in our PDF data sheets. We've even taken some of the early developer's original posts and archived them on the Goldcoin forum for posterity. https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?board=11.0

In case anyone is interested, my current financial investment in this project far exceeds the value of my holdings. But I'm not concerned about that as my interest in this coin is for its long-term growth and potential. The reason my videos seem so sincere is because they are sincere. I honesty believe in the future of this coin and its chances of making the top-three in terms of marketcap. We have a terrific name, a dedicated development team, and a hard-working loyal community.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for supporting Goldcoin! We genuinely appreciate your support!  Smiley
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:48:08 PM

You make a ton of scam coins for other people and then call us out as being a scam coin?
Funny. Do you think think I intended to make any money with such creations like VaginaCoin? Cheesy Hell, do you even think I made any money off of those? Because I got bad news for you...

Those coins were intended to send a message to the community. That people like me can roll out coins easily, and you shouldnt throw money at every new coin that comes along.

GLD was a good coin, with good support that happened to run into some strange troubles with the initial developer. We came along and fixed it, and now certain people are understandably jealous that the attention is off their pump/dump copy paste coins.
What's so great about GLD? The launch was horrible. The reward structure was horrible. Even the name is horrible. Go google goldcoin, you'll find nothing but info on actual gold coins. You guys sit here and try to associate the value of real life gold, with this awful coin. As if the two are related at all... Pathetic.

Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:55:42 PM

After reading this "article" I'm somewhat surprised that anyone took it seriously. It was written by a person offering a comical "coin generation" service. I was unable to find a shred of truth (or any signs of intelligence) in the entire piece. This guy even managed to get the new block reward numbers wrong.
Do you not know the history of your own coin? These were the values taken from the original launch - before you forked the client for your own benefit.

His negatively biased spin makes me believe he has an axe to grind. Basically the "article" just accuses me of lying over and over without providing any sort of examples as to what I've supposedly lied about. It says I've tried to bury the history of Goldcoin when in fact we've included this information time and time again in our PDF data sheets. We've even taken some of the early developer's original posts and archived them on the Goldcoin forum for posterity. https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?board=11.0
You manipulate the data and try to spin it as a positive. No, the obscene early block rewards were not a positive thing. Not now, not ever, no matter how you spin it.

As far as providing examples, just watch your own videos. Chock full of misinformation and ridiculous outlooks of the future. GLDCoin has about as much chance of overtaking bitcoin as I do getting struck by lighting in an underground bunker.

In case anyone is interested, my current financial investment in this project far exceeds the value of my holdings. But I'm not concerned about that as my interest in this coin is for its long-term growth and potential. The reason my videos seem so sincere is because they are sincere.

I honesty believe in the future of this coin and its chances of making the top-three in terms of marketcap. We have a terrific name, a dedicated development team, and a hard-working loyal community.
You are delusional. That's all I have to say about that. Abandon GLD and start fresh with a new coin, and make it fair. That is my advice to you, if you are truly 'sincere'

Of course, just you'll continue to push GLD because you have such a large stake in it, and you seek to increase the worth of it.

akumaburn

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:59:11 PM

Funny. Do you think think I intended to make any money with such creations like VaginaCoin? Cheesy Hell, do you even think I made any money off of those? Because I got bad news for you...

Those coins were intended to send a message to the community. That people like me can roll out coins easily, and you shouldnt throw money at every new coin that comes along.

What's so great about GLD? The launch was horrible. The reward structure was horrible. Even the name is horrible. Go google goldcoin, you'll find nothing but info on actual gold coins. You guys sit here and try to associate the value of real life gold, with this awful coin. As if the two are related at all... Pathetic.

Last I checked you were offering a PAID coin creation service,

You made money, I don't care how much;

And by simply offering to make the coins in the first place you were directly responsible for making it possible for a great number of people to be scammed with bullshit coins.

As far as I'm concerned with GoldCoin:

The launch was great, the reward structure is great, the name is great, and so what if we had some rough seas to tangle with? We got over it and became better.

I don't need some hydroponica wannabe 2.0 spreading bullshit once more.
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2013, 12:06:51 AM

And by simply offering to make the coins in the first place you were directly responsible for making it possible for a great number of people to be scammed with bullshit coins.
I am a freelance programmer. I was paid to program. Nothing more.

I'm not trying to sell anyone coins, unlike you.

The launch was great, the reward structure is great, the name is great, and so what if we had some rough seas to tangle with? We got over it and became better.
This is an objectively false statement. Here is what a good launch looks this: http://cryptometer.org/digitalcoin_90_day_charts.html
Notice how steady the supply chart is. This indicates a very fair coin release cycle. People weren't penalized for mining late. This is one of the criteria of a good coin.

Now compare that to goldcoin: http://cryptometer.org/goldcoin_90_day_charts.html
Erratic supply chart. Heavy concentration of coins to early insiders. By all means, an awful launch.

akumaburn

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:15:34 AM

I'm not trying to sell anyone coins, unlike you.

This is an objectively false statement. Here is what a good launch looks this: http://cryptometer.org/digitalcoin_90_day_charts.html
Notice how steady the supply chart is. This indicates a very fair coin release cycle. People weren't penalized for mining late. This is one of the criteria of a good coin.

Now compare that to goldcoin: http://cryptometer.org/goldcoin_90_day_charts.html
Erratic supply chart. Heavy concentration of coins to early insiders. By all means, an awful launch.

"freelance programmer" - is that how you dismiss your guilt?

Please, next thing I'll hear is a hitman saying that he wasn't guilty of murder because he was "freelance" and was "hired to do it".

Secondly, "I'm not trying to sell anyone coins, unlike you.",

I've sold a whopping ~4500 GLD total.. on the freemarket no less

Evidently, you are ignorant of two things,

1: the coin was publicly available to mine during that period,

2: The difficulty...

Did you never consider that the difficulty might also factor into play here? No... because you see linear growth and you assume fair mining, that is not the case at all.. those lower difficulty blocks in the other coins were mined way faster than the higher ones causing there to be a group of insiders getting all the easy initial coins.

From GoldCoin's initial release statement:

"You may saw other crypto currency releases that offered "bonus blocks", and surely by the time you started mining, said "bonus blocks" are gone.  Also, as an influx of miners pounds away at the new coin, the difficulty increase kills profitability, and interest, and eventually the coin withers and dies.  Not GLDcoin.  Even if difficulty skyrockets in the first few weeks, mining should still be profitable based on the higher block rewards that favor early adopters of the currency."

I think we stand pretty clear on this point,
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:20:09 AM

You are delusional. That's all I have to say about that. Abandon GLD and start fresh with a new coin, and make it fair. That is my advice to you, if you are truly 'sincere'

Of course, just you'll continue to push GLD because you have such a large stake in it, and you seek to increase the worth of it.

You are delusional no coin on this forum is 'fair' least of all the ones you've pumped out, fiats not 'fair' the worlds not 'fair'.

GLD coin start has nothing to do with the current dev team, none of the premines and few of the instamines are held by the current dev team. Dev team gave a huge lead in time to the block reward decrease (greater then any lead in time to a coin launch), everyone had fair chance to get in when it was mostly unloved, few did, they took risk of it never getting anywhere, if it gets somewhere well thats the risk vs reward.

Anyone holding large sums now actually paid the going rate on market, something anyone here could do, well before the fork everyone was given the chance who wanted to express their opinion, give input, help out etc

My opinion despite my conflicts with microguy GLDcoin is one of the fairest and open alt coins from this forum.  You can knock microguy's opinions but you couldn't seriously call him a scammer.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:24:31 AM

Sorry I think you made a few typos, not to worry I'll correct;

"I am a freelance programmer. I was paid to copy paste. Nothing more."

(btw that's 0.5btc for the correction, I think thats fair as its similar to the level of work involved in your freelance programming  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: