Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:23:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRANSLATION FRAUD: cattani30  (Read 1114 times)
TranslationQA (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:53:04 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 01:17:44 PM by TranslationQA

SCAM ALERT:

User cattani30, who pretends to be a Dutch, Romanian and Hindi translator and who also goes by the name KermitCarerra, is a fraud. He uses Google Translate for all of his translations.

The evidence for this claim can be found below. As you can see, he slightly modifies Google Translate-generated texts in a poor attempt not to get caught.

Proof that KermitCarerra and cattani30 are the same person:

https://i.imgur.com/WfIdWR5.png

Screenshots of fraudulent translations:

Link: PAYPIE ANN
Archived version: PAYPIE ANN

https://i.imgur.com/B4Xxscw.png

Link: Robomed ANN
Archived version: Robomed ANN

https://i.imgur.com/u5JDsov.png

Link: PayperEx ANN
Archived version: PayperEx ANN

https://i.imgur.com/XcaBItM.png

Link: Universa ANN
Archived version: Universa ANN

https://i.imgur.com/d4BRAPJ.png

Unfortunately, there are many more examples.

TO ALL OTHER TRANSLATORS:

Be aware that as long as cattani30/KermitCarerra is listed on any bounty spreadsheet, he is stealing a portion of your stakes.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

You need to update this thread to include:
1) Links to the proof connecting the two accounts (not just screenshots).
2) Archived links of said proof (where possible).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:38:32 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 12:55:13 PM by TranslationQA

Thank you for your feedback. Here are the requested links:

OpenMoney Translation Campaign Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztkVf1ncS_kiWMyPBsC-ia4eryavGgcHVo-rsBSyRnY/edit?usp=drive_web

StuffGoGo Translation Campaign Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oXGKTAdNbZTx3cmBX6JkqugftESK9f4W9exjm8c4mZs/edit

Dutch PayPie ANN:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2149657.0
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:0pScsgynpB0J:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D2149657.0 (archived)

PayPie Translation Campaign Spreadsheet:
http://b.paypie.com/files/Translations-Bounty.xlsx

ETH Address:
https://etherscan.io/address/0x349126992f8abeb38f85598beacbb82113ed9c20

Topics started by KermitCarerra:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;threads;u=1027965;sa=showPosts

Topics started by cattani30:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;threads;u=977756;sa=showPosts

Feel free to run any of his "translations" through Google Translate. All of them are fraudulent.

Although we'd be happy to provide even more evidence, we think that the evidence of the fraudulent translations alone should be sufficient to permanently ban this user. He has literally stolen thousands of dollars worth of tokens from ICOs and other bounty campaign participants and has shown no signs of remorse or of the discontinuation of his abuse. If he is not stopped, he will continue.
cattani30

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Patience is the key to success

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:03:05 PM

Hello,

User KermitCarrera asked me to post on his behalf those ANN`s because he wasnt able to post images at that time. I am Romanian and this is my language. I would never translate languages i dont know.
This is a full time job for me and i do only legit translations.
Please try not to harm honest people with negative trust Lauda!
I am asking you to reconsider destroying my hard earned reputation
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 02:05:48 PM

Posting translations for a known scammer who uses automated-tools is the definition of "honest people"? Give me a break.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cattani30

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:12:20 PM

Posting translations for a known scammer who uses automated-tools is the definition of "honest people"? Give me a break.

I posted those ANN over a month ago. Should i be punished for that and erase all my hard work because you decided to destroy my reputation without any reason?
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:43:21 PM

How brave of you to take full responsibility for your own actions. You're not fooling anyone, at least not anymore. Yes, you should (and will) definitely be punished for knowingly posting Google Translate-generated texts and passing them off as actual translations, whether it was last month or last week (when you posted that Robomed "translation"). As you can see in our original post, there's plenty of reason. Shame on you.
cattani30

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:49:17 PM

How brave of you to take full responsibility for your own actions. You're not fooling anyone, at least not anymore. Yes, you should (and will) definitely be punished for knowingly posting Google Translate-generated texts and passing them off as actual translations, whether it was last month or last week (when you posted that Robomed "translation"). As you can see in our original post, there's plenty of reason. Shame on you.

Are u a translator? Do you speak romanian language? My translations are ok and easy understandable for a native romanian, everything is 100% correct. Dont you think i would have received complaints untill now?
Robomed took me over 5 hours to translate and edit it do you know that? No you dont know because you are not a translator!
You just seem to be very happy to piss on my work and on my life and i see there is no justice here! All my hard work was in vain thanks to a random guy that has a problem with Kermit.
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:01:24 PM

We are not a random guy, we are a group of qualified translators who are getting very tired of abusers like yourself. We speak most languages and we do not think that you haven't already received complaints about the appalling quality of your "hard work," because we know you have:

https://imgur.com/qJmaraH

Five hours to complete a Google Translate-generated translation? You should really consider switching to a different Internet provider.
cattani30

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:07:32 PM

We are not a random guy, we are a group of qualified translators who are getting very tired of abusers like yourself. We speak most languages and we do not think that you haven't already received complaints about the appalling quality of your "hard work," because we know you have:

https://imgur.com/qJmaraH

5 Hours to complete a Google Translate-generated translation? You should really consider switching to a different Internet provider.

All the translations where completed with proof reading and i havent done any spam. Just updates of the projects i worked with. Its easy to create usernames and post negative trust. Especially by the competition. I work 12 hours a day to make translations and in case you dont know even translation offices use tools to help them do their work
TranslationQA (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:32:00 PM

Unlike you, we actually work in translation offices. Real translators use tools to improve their translations, not to create them.

Enough said. Case closed.

Sincerely,
The Competition
cattani30

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:41:53 PM

Unlike you, we actually work in translation offices. Real translators use tools to improve their translation, not to create them.

Sincerely,
The Competition

No, the case is not closed and you dont work in any translation office, you are just a random person that doesnt even use his real username.
You must be very proud you harmed an honest person! You know karma is a bitch right?
Good luck with your "QA"!
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:00:59 AM

Unlike you, we actually work in translation offices. Real translators use tools to improve their translation, not to create them.

Sincerely,
The Competition

No, the case is not closed and you dont work in any translation office, you are just a random person that doesnt even use his real username.
You must be very proud you harmed an honest person! You know karma is a bitch right?
honest? dude stop lying you and your alt have the same eth address so what do us think if you and you alt used same eth address huh? even the writing style between you and your alt and also OP gave enough evidence to prove you are a fraud and you think you are honest? you should be ashamed

PS: your red paint suits you Smiley
cattani30

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:32:21 AM

Sincerely,
The Competition

honest? dude stop lying you and your alt have the same eth address so what do us think if you and you alt used same eth address huh? even the writing style between you and your alt and also OP gave enough evidence to prove you are a fraud and you think you are honest? you should be ashamed

PS: your red paint suits you Smiley

His address is on the same column with my name because i posted the ann on his behalf. Why is it so hard to understand? If you watch that thread you will see that he is the one that made all the updates not me!
Im very disapointed about some people here and i see there is no justice only alot of hate...
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:00:32 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 11:10:45 PM by MoonIsBlue

Cattani30 is Romanian. I don't speak Romanian.
I am Dutch. Cattani30 doesn't speak Dutch.
Cattani30 posted threads on my behalf.
How is that so hard to understand for you retards?

I'm not accusing you, you're innocent untill proven guilty.

From Paypie ANN which is in Dutch (I'm Dutch).
Werelds = s'Werelds, though not immediatly incorrect it is not formal. ''Werelds'' is used in sayings or can be used in certain sentence constructions though s'Werelds would be highly preferred in this particular case.
RISICOSCOREALGORITME = Risicoscore-algoritme, else it is completely unreadable for any Dutch person and also plain incorrect.

Picking a random sentence, let's see if we can improve this:

Als het maximale Token Crowdsale bedrag niet helemaal wordt verkocht, worden de resterende Token toegewezen aan het reserve. Geen extra tokens zal worden gemaakt.
-This is completely screwed though sorry. - could be google translate, that be very plausible.

Improvement:
Als de Maximale Cap niet gehaald word worden de resterende Tokens toegevoegd(toegewezen =alright) aan de (not ''het'') reserve. Geen extra tokens zullen worden gecreëerd.

except for ''toegewezen'' which is oke, I personally wouldn't go with it, it's absolute trash.

There are more mistakes like this and the ANN could be improved on significantly. Whether translator tools we're used.. can't really say. Its plausible but i'd be more inclined to say he's got a poor understanding of Dutch like a lot of people have. It is not an easy language.

I'd be inclined to ask if you're from Turkish/Morrocan or other national descent? Cause I notice a lot of incorrect use of ''De'' en ''Het'' which is common among people with parents who have a different nationality. I'd also be very inclined, judging from the translation, that you are indeed of foreign descent with Dutch nationality. Not sure how to put this ''politcally correct''.

He/she should definitely improve on his Dutch grammar to keep translating. A company's profile/branding is at stake plus the legal implications could be huge when translating incorrectly. I wouldn't jump to calling him/her a scammer though there are no requirements for doing these jobs and if a company can't review whether a translator did his/her job correctly its their liability. I understand a huge amount of trust is involved but it's a bit of a grey area (like most of crypto).

Okay summation cause I have mixed feelings:
- If you are not using google translate or translator tools, then seriously improve your Dutch cause if I we're your employer I'd turn you down. It is not acceptable.
- His translation does strongly indicate translator tools or as I mentioned before he's of foreign descent which would make it somewhat understandable but not acceptable.

Conclusion: Translation is poor, lacks quality, doesn't credit the company/brand and could potentially result in legal issues if he translated parts related to that.
I would not hire him, I'd tell him to go back to school to put it very harsh. I'm more inclined to say he/she has a poor understanding of Dutch than to say he/she used third party tools.

So even if he doesn't scam; it is a serious issue when poor quality translations like this one are done.

Note: ''De'' and "Het'' both means ''The'' in English but correct use of these two words is highly significant in Dutch. Some sentences are absolute cringe when used wrong.

Traductio

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

I proofread and expose cheaters

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:39:33 AM

Als het maximale Token Crowdsale bedrag niet helemaal wordt verkocht, worden de resterende Token toegewezen aan het reserve. Geen extra tokens zal worden gemaakt.
-This is completely screwed though sorry. - could be google translate, that be very plausible.

Improvement:
Als de Maximale Cap niet gehaald word worden de resterende Tokens toegevoegd(toegewezen =alright) aan de (not ''het'') reserve. Geen extra tokens zullen worden gecreëerd.

except for ''toegewezen'' which is oke, I personally wouldn't go with it, it's absolute trash.

Improvement?

Als = Wanneer, in this context 'Indien' may be better.

als - dan : 'als' (wanneer) is always used in combination with 'dan' but this second word is missing as connecting element between the two parts of the phrase. This gives two verbs next to each other (wordT worden) which makes for ugly reading: '... wordt dan worden ...' breaks the phrase in two and gives the reader (speaker) time to breathe. Dubble use of 'worden' can be avoided quite easily by simply using another verb that has the same definition: bijeenbrengen, verkopen, even 'ophalen' would work here.

Maximale Cap = Dutch don't use capitals here. 'cap' = English, 'het plafond', 'de maximale bijdrage' or something would be better languagewise but I'm unclear on how accepted the use of this word is. I find it acceptable, but Henk und Ingrid may struggle comprehending it.

Word = wordt, tsk tsk grade school grammar.

Tokens = tokens, wir kommen aus Holland ja! No capital.

'toegevoegd' vs 'toegewezen' : need to know the original word. what u say about the use of 'toegewezen' is a style-choice which isn't as absolute as you present. In finance 'allocation' is used to communicate the 'the putting of funds in <fill in moneywasting department here>. If the original is 'allocation' than 'toewijzen' is the correct term. If it's 'added' than 'toevoegen' is correct.

zullen = the use of this verb, in any conjugation, is completely forbidden in (corporate) Dutch writing. 'geen extra tokens worden gecreëerd' communicates exactly the same message. Today it is allready known that no more tokens will ever be created, so to communicate that as a future event is confusing and strictly untrue: it is in fact not a future event because it will NOT happen and that fact is allready known TODAY, communicate it like it's today.

I am Traductio and I apreciate your effort.

Don't quit your dayjob though.

English to Dutch proofreading.
Panda Trump

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 05:38:56 PM

Cattani30 is Romanian. I don't speak Romanian.
I am Dutch. Cattani30 doesn't speak Dutch.
Cattani30 posted threads on my behalf.
How is that so hard to understand for you retards?

I'm not accusing you, you're innocent untill proven guilty.

From Paypie ANN which is in Dutch (I'm Dutch).
Werelds = s'Werelds, though not immediatly incorrect it is not formal. ''Werelds'' is used in sayings or can be used in certain sentence constructions though s'Werelds would be highly preferred in this particular case.
RISICOSCOREALGORITME = Risicoscore-algoritme, else it is completely unreadable for any Dutch person and also plain incorrect.

Improvement:

There are more mistakes like this and the ANN could be improved on significantly. Whether translator tools we're used.. can't really say. Its plausible but i'd be more inclined to say he's got a poor understanding of Dutch like a lot of people have. It is not an easy language.

I'd be inclined to ask if you're from Turkish/Morrocan or other national descent? Cause I notice a lot of incorrect use of ''De'' en ''Het'' which is common among people with parents who have a different nationality. I'd also be very inclined, judging from the translation, that you are indeed of foreign descent with Dutch nationality. Not sure how to put this ''politcally correct''.

He/she should definitely improve on his Dutch grammar to keep translating. A company's profile/branding is at stake plus the legal implications could be huge when translating incorrectly. I wouldn't jump to calling him/her a scammer though there are no requirements for doing these jobs and if a company can't review whether a translator did his/her job correctly its their liability. I understand a huge amount of trust is involved but it's a bit of a grey area (like most of crypto).

Okay summation cause I have mixed feelings:
- If you are not using google translate or translator tools, then seriously improve your Dutch cause if I we're your employer I'd turn you down. It is not acceptable.
- His translation does strongly indicate translator tools or as I mentioned before he's of foreign descent which would make it somewhat understandable but not acceptable.

Conclusion: Translation is poor, lacks quality, doesn't credit the company/brand and could potentially result in legal issues if he translated parts related to that.
I would not hire him, I'd tell him to go back to school to put it very harsh. I'm more inclined to say he/she has a poor understanding of Dutch than to say he/she used third party tools.

So even if he doesn't scam; it is a serious issue when poor quality translations like this one are done.

Note: ''De'' and "Het'' both means ''The'' in English but correct use of these two words is highly significant in Dutch. Some sentences are absolute cringe when used wrong.

I'm not from Turkish/Morrocan descent and my personal grammer is pretty good.
I hire friends to do these translations and I have time to proof-readt them all.
If there are serious issues with the text, it could be
a) My friends their grammar sucks
b) They used Google Translate

I'd say 75% of all bounties turn out to be completely worthless, so I don't have the time or money to make very professional translations.
My ANN's are always completely understandable for native Dutch people, but I'm not sure about the whitepapers.

You're a shame to the world of translators. I try to join good bounty campaigns, providing great English->Dutch translations for them.
A little problem arises when idiots like you reserve the translation and essentially "steal" the stakes away from me and other translators.
And on top of that, you deliver awful translations, which are often even worse than Google Translate copies.

You're shit. You're not worthy of being a Bitcointalk member.

Regards,
Trump

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: