Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:23:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining ban in China?! Redistribution of mining power?  (Read 477 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:25:41 PM

Hey! Have u heard that "PBoC governor Pan Gongsheng has suggested the Chinese government to shutdown OTC platforms and exchanges within mainland China to ensure that cryptocurrency trading ban is strictly enforced"? What is gonna happen ? Will we see the redistribution of mining power or China will not be able to realize it?

Read your own post - no talk about "mining" in there at all.

I read many news and there are a lot of bulshit like that. Moreover, the main idea of these conversation is that I am interested in situations. What do u all think gonna happen in nearest Future in China?

It would appear, based on REPUTABLE quotes, that China intends to get serious about regulating exchanges in an attempt to restrict or stop "capitol flight", but they don't care about mining itself except where it is getting major breaks on pricing from areas that used to have electric shortages - they HAVE said they intend to eliminate sweetheart deals in such cases.
I suspect they LIKE Bitmain for pulling a lot of external capitol INTO the country - but dislike how much of that Bitmain is using to pay for their chips to TSMC.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:48:57 PM

It doesn't look like they're cracking down on mining... there's no visible or tangible signs yet. Rumours around Bitmain setting up data centers in Europe and Canada have emerged, but nothing tangible.
The chinese website Alibaba.com is still listing miners for sale, so I'd take any news you read with a pinch of salt
check https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/s9-antminer.html
Yeah, fair point. It is just strange that many big media sources as Bloomberg and CNN published some articles.
but don't u think that the last decrase in BTC value could be caused by these news ?

Reality check here.
 You're trusting stuff CNN publishes?

ROFLMAOSC!!!!!!!

I second that over and over again ... I can't remember if it was a CNN money show or MSNBC money show, but the host was actually teaching people how to buy xrp on national television.  Not how to enter the crypto market ... Not giving any advice that should be taken seriously, but teaching people specifially how to buy xrp.  Lol ... It's nuts.

People have been saying that quite possibly the host of that show had bought into xrp and was just trying to pump it.  That may very well be true and he should be fired, if that was the case.  It also could be that he's just another newsie that knows nothing about crypto and thinks it's cool to report on it.  Who really knows what the motiviation was, but how ever you look at it ... It's bad for business and it's bad for this market.

The general public who knows next to nothing about this market sees that and thinks "Oh XRP must be a really good investment, since Mr. CNN or MSNBC (Or Insert Whatever Major Media Outlet Here) Money is teaching us how to buy it" ...

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
alex2011576 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:07:00 PM

Hey! Have u heard that "PBoC governor Pan Gongsheng has suggested the Chinese government to shutdown OTC platforms and exchanges within mainland China to ensure that cryptocurrency trading ban is strictly enforced"? What is gonna happen ? Will we see the redistribution of mining power or China will not be able to realize it?

Read your own post - no talk about "mining" in there at all.

I read many news and there are a lot of bulshit like that. Moreover, the main idea of these conversation is that I am interested in situations. What do u all think gonna happen in nearest Future in China?

It would appear, based on REPUTABLE quotes, that China intends to get serious about regulating exchanges in an attempt to restrict or stop "capitol flight", but they don't care about mining itself except where it is getting major breaks on pricing from areas that used to have electric shortages - they HAVE said they intend to eliminate sweetheart deals in such cases.
I suspect they LIKE Bitmain for pulling a lot of external capitol INTO the country - but dislike how much of that Bitmain is using to pay for their chips to TSMC.

Thank you a lot, I am just a newbie, so really appreciate when people share their knowledge. Hope, I will be able to analyze things properly myself soon.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: