Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:34:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why do some people think atheists have no moral principles ?  (Read 619 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:34:39 PM

I always find this idea absurd. People do not need to believe in a religion to be a well-behaved person but many of the people think that people must have religious beliefs to be a good person. What are your opinions of this question ?

I agree. Ypu don't have to have a religion for you to have morals. I think even when it comes to percentages, people who belong religions are even less moral than atheists. It doesn't take believing in any diety to know what's right and what's wrong.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:13:17 PM

most of the people think that if a person talks about God, then he has a conscience...but this is very abstract who and how understands God...someone can talk about God and kill.. and someone can call themselves an atheist and feed every day animals and engage in charity...you need to look at the actions of a person and draw conclusions
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:05:43 PM

I always find this idea absurd. People do not need to believe in a religion to be a well-behaved person but many of the people think that people must have religious beliefs to be a good person. What are your opinions of this question ?
Even though religion show how people should really behave in their holy books, it doesn't mean that its the real reason why people are mostly morally upright in the first place. A child will know what is wrong from what is right and it doesn't take religion to show the child that at all.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:19:07 PM

I don't believe that their is morality or ethics without god, only fear of consequences from other people..

If their is no god then what is the point of being "good" other than fear of the law or community rejection/retaliation?

Like, even if I knew I would 100% get away with it in the eyes of man, I wouldn't shoot someone in their head and take all of their money.. If their is no god then why wouldn't you??

If you knew you would get away with it as far as human society, why would you not steal and kill if their is no god?

I believe in god and if you think that makes me any less of a person then good for you.. I could care less..

But I don't believe in "good" without a god, because if their is no such thing as god then their is no such thing as evil..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:13:18 PM

I wouldn't say it is exclusive to atheists, all religions think that their set of moral principals it the correct and true way that life should exist. That does not make any of them right. It is history that built up in a certain way, using religion as a form of "common law" the early ages, leading us to the world we inhabit today. It is a relatively new concept not to follow any religion, pagans across the British Isles were considered immoral by the Romans, but that was a different type of spiritual guidance.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:50:05 PM

I don't believe atheists have no moral principles. Morality is a wide range scope in humanity.
If an atheist a father he knows exactly what is the right thing  to do to his son or daughter, doing good to fellows,  etc, those things is the act of morality. And also Morality is not built by religion, it is religion built by people with their own pattern of morality

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
Yosuac2re

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:24:44 AM

People seems doesn't want to understand something they doesn't know. So they will judge it. Yeah you know its just easy if you just judging something.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:28:43 AM

For me atheist believe that there is ni God and generally it is already a belief. Back to the question, maybe because some people thinks that atheist has no biblical rule that is guiding them but in fact you dont need any rule to be humane. Just try to respect each persons idea.
topse

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

DocTailor ICO:

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:16:35 AM

Basically, humans have limited knowledge in many things,
both about the visible and the unseen, and also the limitations in predicting what will happen to him and others, and so forth.
Because of these limitations then man needs to need a religion to help and provide spiritual enlightenment to his self.
  Man needs religion not just for his own goodness before God alone,
but also to help himself in the face of various problems that sometimes can not be understood

▬▬ • • •  DOCTailor    Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Bounty  Whitepaper  ▬▬  Slack  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Linkedin   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  ICO: Mar 31st   ▐▐
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:40:01 AM

Humans usually equate Moral principles to Religion and as the word atheists imply and that is what it makes other people to fear or think that they dont have moral when in realty bot all who are into religions are moral and not all atheists are immoral
Mstkotha

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:28:49 AM

Many people think it is outrageous, or even blasphemous, to deny that morality is of divine origin. Either some divine being ... This observation leads to a second: atheists and agnostics do not behave less morally than religious believers, even if their virtuous acts are mediated by different principles.
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:16:35 AM

Goodness is one of God's innate traits that gave in us, we have this goodness and we don't need to pretend or to be religious in order to be good, sometimes those whom we highly think and well respected religious person are the ones who has none of it but all hypocrisy and rules and law without mercy in the way they act, religion is not away to be good person.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: