Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 02:49:17 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIMiner, Working, kind of...  (Read 1103 times)
xioSlayer

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 02:46:44 PM

I have gui miner up and running, but it seems i can only solo mine, or pool mine, not both.

So only one will run at a time and the other says "Connection problems"  in the 'summary'.

Can anyone help me out?  are you able to run two at a time?   Is there any reason for me to do that in the first place?   Is it better to go solo or with the pool?

I'm just using a gtx 470, so not too much power under the hood.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, when i click "Stop Mining"  it causes my gtx 470 to DOWNCLOCK to 405mhz...  why is this?  I can't get the frequency back up to regular after this happens, its stuck like that.

Also, if i don't set -f 300  or a similar flag, my display driver crashes when i click "Stop Mining".  Why is that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Freelance Bitcoin / Blockchain / FinTech Writer

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:52:50 PM

i've noticed similar issues, but only when trying to overclock (or on the weird events my card says its running at 56 Ghash/s lol)
personally i think it's a driver issue, even with latest drivers its still going like that...

Nvidia is just bad for mining really.
8oobman

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 03:57:24 PM

I've got GUI Miner running on a Nvidia and an ATI cpu. Not great hash rates but seems to work. I can tell you that choosing the right "type" of miner makes all the difference. If you try to make a cpu use the GPU it will work like hell doing nothing ...
xioSlayer

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:11:41 PM

i've noticed similar issues, but only when trying to overclock (or on the weird events my card says its running at 56 Ghash/s lol)
personally i think it's a driver issue, even with latest drivers its still going like that...

Nvidia is just bad for mining really.

I read another post from a guy with a gtx 470.  He said when he clicked stop mining, it would shut off his PC.  This sounds exactly like what mine is doing, it just happens to recover versus shutting down.

Nvidia doesn't seem to be suited for mining, no...

I'm wondering if its even worth my trouble.  the gtx 470 can get about 100MH/s, but if i have to reboot my PC every time i stop mining just to reset my GPU core clock... I can see this getting old REALLY fast.

So basically, if i lower the AGGRESSION of the miner, it won't crash my display driver, however it will reduce the core clock to 405mhz when i try to stop mining.

Any tips/comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Freelance Bitcoin / Blockchain / FinTech Writer

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 04:20:37 PM

i run it without any attributes (just the standard GUI) & it works fine for me (got a GTX 460 myself)

then again, if i use MSI afterburner to change speed of GPU or memory, my screen goes black & comes back with a driver software problem report.

Are you running it as an OpenCL miner, or a Cuda miner?
xioSlayer

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:46:48 PM

i run it without any attributes (just the standard GUI) & it works fine for me (got a GTX 460 myself)

then again, if i use MSI afterburner to change speed of GPU or memory, my screen goes black & comes back with a driver software problem report.

Are you running it as an OpenCL miner, or a Cuda miner?

I was using the OpenCL miner...  Is that bad?

And yes, you are right, it IS MSI Afterburner causing the issues.  If i dont use it, it works just fine.  How do you apply overclocks then?

With no overclock, it will only let me achieve about 80MH/s...  Is this even worth running?

EDIT: according to this calculator, it would only get 17 cents per day, lol.  nvm that answers that...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.