Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:43:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrops. With its impact on value of coin, good time to sell?  (Read 1170 times)
xKARELx

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

I'm hoping to get some advice from people with much experience trading airdropped tokens or coins.

Let's say a token/coin is about to distribute a big airdrop to many users, doesn't that usually mean that more people (those receiving the airdrop) will immediately sell their new token/coins and therefore cause negative movement of token/coin value? Given this, is it then best practice to SELL before airdrops are distributed?
you can never guess at the right time to sell these or other coins. It takes time and experience to learn how to feel the right moment!
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:07:10 PM

I'm hoping to get some advice from people with much experience trading airdropped tokens or coins.

Let's say a token/coin is about to distribute a big airdrop to many users, doesn't that usually mean that more people (those receiving the airdrop) will immediately sell their new token/coins and therefore cause negative movement of token/coin value? Given this, is it then best practice to SELL before airdrops are distributed?

Your logic is sound and correct, airdrops are often followed by dumps, that's why many have restrictions on selling or encouraging holding someway, but it also depends on how big a percentage are being airdropped and how established the coin is.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:37:54 PM

Yes, their is big possibilities that people dump the price of airdrops because they already sell it as much as the coins is in the wallets already. They are not thinking for the future because it is given to them freely no tasks or investments coming feom them.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:30:05 PM

I have seen a lot of airdrops coming up and i have not participated in any of the drops in months other than the bitcoin forks because i am holding some coins,but i am not sure whether these coins would have any value at all in the future,but there is nothing wrong in collecting those coins if you get it for free but i give a pass on it until something forces to me rethink about it.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:48:47 AM

If I became you, I would soon sell the coins I got because my experience of any coins that I resisted too long would drop drastically
masson12

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 07:57:11 AM

I suppose you sell them at the first pump you can lay your eyes on. Every airdropped coin.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:41:26 PM

In my own perception that is why its called airdrops,because its a token gift give to all bitcoiner's as an appreciation of being patronize there investment.so either  we exchange it to fiat, or we hold it , and trade it in the time of the value  of this coins will pump in the market.

Kajun

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:42:21 AM

Then it's better to accumulate airdrops and hold them. The profits of only one of them compensate the losses for not selling at a few cents.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:34:14 AM

Airdrop like rain, scattered everywhere.
everyone is hunting coins, hard to predict.
I always sell it right away, it is the best way to earn money quickly. there is no reason to hold a coin that has no future.
I don't think that a lot of Airdrops has no future. Maybe also depend on how they market their coin, just like some altcoins, (Ethereum, litecoin or dogecoin) it is not bad ti hold them also but it is up to us of course if we really need to sell it right away.
People often get confuse of how they can make big earnings in their own aspect. I must say they should try to have confidence on them. Every person on this planet have much potential to work and earn more and more. You only need to be confident and try to make your ways.

Airdrops are not important as the international market is concerned, but you have to take care of your strategies that implement these decisions.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:42:20 AM

PATIENCE is virtue. People who are receives tokens from airdrops want to earn immediately without realizing that those tokens hasn't yet established its value in the market. It is so disappointing that whenever the participants of these airdrops have already received their tokens, they immediately ask people if where they could sell their tokens. They're about "EARNING" without knowing the purpose of the coin or the objectives of the developers in creating the tokens.

It is also not an ideal thing to TRADE immediately the tokens you've received from airdrops. Take note that the starting value of these tokens written in whitepapers of ICOs are not actually the same with its starting value in exchanges (e.g. a token with starting value of $0.15 can't actually be trade immediately with that price in exchanges). The best thing to do with your tokens is to hold them for at least a year.
If the tokens are got from an ICO,then most of the people immediately dump their coins as soon as it gets listed in the exchanges.But its totally wrong.We should just wait and see how the price of the coin moves and then decide what to do.usually,devs who launch ICOs try to pump their coins as much as they can once it gets listed.So,it would be better to wait for atleast one month and decide whether to sell or just hold it.

If the coin is got freely from an air drop during hard fork,then it should be immediately dumped in the market as almost all people who hold these free coins try to dump it and earn some quick profits since its just free for them.So,delaying to sell such coins would reduce our profits.Mostly,such coins do not have any unique features to deliver and so,mostly they are termed as shitcoins.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
Tendou_Karen

Activity: 444
Merit: 13

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:27:40 AM

Sorry i'm newcomers and i want to ask something about wallet.
What is the best wallet for claiming tokens from airdrop? Thank you

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:57:24 PM

In my own perception that is why its called airdrops,because its a token gift give to all bitcoiner's as an appreciation of being patronize there investment.so either  we exchange it to fiat, or we hold it , and trade it in the time of the value  of this coins will pump in the market.

Holding is good because there is still good time coming for us dint exchange into flat now because prices are still at rise and this will give you not that much profit but in the start there will be a boost that is coming that will take price to the 10k+ and that time will be the best for the investor and those who had held their coins they must have to keep patience and take their time and then cash out their money.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:04:45 PM

A good project, with active developers and strong community, it is worth the wait a while and take a chance. But shitcoins without future can sell as soon as they have opportunity.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:36:05 PM

Most of the airdrops are dropped for dumping. Yeah there are some coins that privately does airdrops for promotion but I mean most popular airdrops are very manipulative to hold.
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:20:46 PM

Then it's better to accumulate airdrops and hold them. The profits of only one of them compensate the losses for not selling at a few cents.
Exactly! There is no point of selling them and that too at the time when the prices are falling down. This will hard result in something good. The only thing which can help you at the time when the prices are falling down is none other than holding of your coins. If you will go for panic selling, then this will only add lot of troubles for you and you’ll be getting nothing profitable in return.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:42:51 AM

PATIENCE is virtue. People who are receives tokens from airdrops want to earn immediately without realizing that those tokens hasn't yet established its value in the market. It is so disappointing that whenever the participants of these airdrops have already received their tokens, they immediately ask people if where they could sell their tokens. They're about "EARNING" without knowing the purpose of the coin or the objectives of the developers in creating the tokens.

It is also not an ideal thing to TRADE immediately the tokens you've received from airdrops. Take note that the starting value of these tokens written in whitepapers of ICOs are not actually the same with its starting value in exchanges (e.g. a token with starting value of $0.15 can't actually be trade immediately with that price in exchanges). The best thing to do with your tokens is to hold them for at least a year.
Gracie12

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:12:05 AM

You can understand that because airdrop is free, there must be a lot of people willing to sell it, but even though it's free, there's a value to it, and there's a lot of good airdrop prices that have been going up.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 09:14:29 AM

I suppose you sell them at the first pump you can lay your eyes on. Every airdropped coin.

Correct because most airdropped coins that we see are simply shitcoin made from some shittoken by some shitdev or no dev at all just a bunch of scammers. People fall for them thinking of some easy money. How many times is in needed to be told that money does not come airdropped like this.
There will always be the third world beggar laying hands on every shittoken airdrop that appears in this forum and start shitposting on that topic asking "how to get airdrop?"

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:17:45 AM

Yeah from what i've seen its most likely that when an airdrop distributes coins, its value immediately drops. Take a look at Ethereum's POS token. Before the airdrop it was trading at 0.004 ETH then BAM! After the airdrop happened all hell broke loose and now the coin is valued at 0.0001.

Goes to show, sell your airdropped tokens while you can, while they have value.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:21:27 AM

Yeah from what i've seen its most likely that when an airdrop distributes coins, its value immediately drops. Take a look at Ethereum's POS token. Before the airdrop it was trading at 0.004 ETH then BAM! After the airdrop happened all hell broke loose and now the coin is valued at 0.0001.

Goes to show, sell your airdropped tokens while you can, while they have value.
The airdrop deserves no value for the future. can you tell me about the purpose of some people are trying to make an airdrop right now? It caused by free money because these people is able to make their own contract. And they can generate more and more crap assets in the future. This is just like another scam way.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: