Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Honest Discussion on Coin Development Mining or "Pre-mining"  (Read 641 times)
AlphaC (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:50:22 AM

Advantages:
1. Developers actually have resources and purpose to develop. (How many BTC developers would be on-board if they didn't have a good amount of it?)
2. Distribution possible. Instead of a bot net taking over most of the currency at launch. Explain to me how is it more fair for some guy who infected thousands of computers to get more coins than everyone else in minutes?
3. Initial funds are in the hands of people who will further the currency not destroy it.

Are you seriously telling me this community would rather a bot net have more coins than the developers and the rest of the community just so they can go to sleep and dream of the word "fair"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:51:47 AM

Advantages:
1. Developers actually have resources and purpose to develop. (How many BTC developers would be on-board if they didn't have a good amount of it?)
2. Distribution possible. Instead of a bot net taking over most of the currency at launch. Explain to me how is it more fair for some guy who infected thousands of computers to get more coins than everyone else in minutes?
3. Initial funds are in the hands of people who will further the currency not destroy it.

Are you seriously telling me this community would rather a bot net have more coins than the developers and the rest of the community just so they can go to sleep and dream of the word "fair"?

The problem is HONESTY, you premined for bounty, tell people upfront, and people will understand. You tried to hide it? failed!
emerefer

Activity: 338

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:53:00 AM

Advantages:

The problem is HONESTY, you pre mined for bounty, tell the people upfront, and people will understand. You tried to hide it? failed!

I dont agree with how much he premined but it wasnt hidden.  it was in the main post
AlphaC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 04:54:24 AM

It was in the main post and is still discussed in many places in the thread.

It is also on the website in the Technical section.

And there is a 25k distribution that is public right now.

What was I hiding?
arlington

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:59:14 AM

It was in the main post and is still discussed in many places in the thread.

It is also on the website in the Technical section.

And there is a 25k distribution that is public right now.

What was I hiding?

I did not see it when I read the main thread, I saw it only after people accuse you of hiding.

Also what about the copyright thing? You did use the Luckycoin code (this part of code only exist in Luckycoin code, not exist elsewhere), why you erase its copyright? Don't you know how open source work? No.37 is definitely right there.
AlphaC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:05:05 AM

Bitcoin is released under the MIT license.

Anything derived from it is under the MIT license.

Read it:

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify
, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

arlington

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:07:48 AM

Read it:

to use, copy, modify

THE SOFTWARE.

This means you can erase any copyrights in the headers, right? try to understand again better of copyrights! Does Litecoin code erase the Bitcoin copyright info?
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:08:40 AM

Advantages:

The problem for your scamcoin wasn't the premine but the absurd amount vs block reward premined. 200.000 coins premined for a coin with 5 coin block reward.. Seriously, that just has to be a record! Greed killed your coin before it was even 51% crushed.
number37

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:10:27 AM

Read it:

to use, copy, modify

THE SOFTWARE.

This means you can erase any copyrights in the headers, right? try to understand again better of copyrights! Does Litecoin code erase the Bitcoin copyright info?

The dev thinks he can remove all copyrights in the code, and attach his own name, as long as he keeps a "COPYRIGHT" file outside, it is enough, what a fail. If this is the case, then there's no copyrights at all!
AlphaC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:13:28 AM

No, I have to keep the original copyright statement that the original software creator or significant contributor stipulated.

Bitcoin and Litecoin have their copyrights.

A small modification of a basic concept using the most basic of loops and a well know computer science concept, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_seed, does not deserve a mention.

There was nothing there significantly modified from the original code to deserve a copyright overriding the original bitcoin/litecoin source.
arlington

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:18:44 AM

No, I have to keep the original copyright statement that the original software creator or significant contributor stipulated.

A small modification of a basic concept using the most basic of loops and a well know computer science concept, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_seed, does not deserve a mention.

There was nothing there significantly modified from the original code to deserve a copyright overriding the original bitcoin/litecoin source.

There are significant modifications, the function signature of GetBlockValue() is changed, and there are many changes in the main.cpp for the deterministic random generation. It uses the previous block hash (actual part of the hash) as seed to generate the random number. These are significant changes and without it the deterministic random will not work. You used this key feature but erased the Luckycoin's copyright. You should put your copyright under it, like Litecoin and Luckycoin did. This is the basic ethics in the open source coding, there's nothing strange there.
number37

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:25:03 AM

There are significant modifications, the function signature of GetBlockValue() is changed, and there are many changes in the main.cpp for the deterministic random generation. It uses the previous block hash (actual part of the hash) as seed to generate the random number. These are significant changes and without it the deterministic random will not work. You used this key feature but erased the Luckycoin's copyright. You should put your copyright under it, like Litecoin and Luckycoin did. This is the basic ethics in the open source coding, there's nothing strange there.

Arlington, no need to bother with him. This guy does not seem to know much coding, he did not even bother to change the hash substring location for the generation of the seed. He just get the luckycoin code base, change a few parameters, erased the luckycoin copyright, put his own, and without understanding the code, just compile and use it. He does not seem to understand the basic open source coding ethics.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: