Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICminer - is wrong ! centralisation of BitCoin  (Read 2082 times)
atariguy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:33:11 PM

I can't access Reddit from work, but the Business Insider article certainly didn't say anything about it not surviving the year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si-2niFDgtI#t=2436s

Wow. It's hard to tell it's the same guy. The BI article makes it sound like he's just a semi-interested observer. He certainly has a Chicken Little attitude, doesn't he...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 03:57:53 PM

Why do you think this is killing, please explain

They have no competition and sell their h/w with 8+ mths payback time.
Their competitors cannot ship in quantity to compete.  

If they did, the prices of ASICMiner products would have to come down to 1-3 month range.

Right now they are the only game in town, so they make huge profit selling those blades/sticks.

Do you think people will stop buying their next blade?  It will sell like there is no tomorrow.
Unless BFL starts shipping minirigs in quantity, or avalon ships their batch #2/#3, chips and announce a 2nd gen chip.

eh, it seems a bit foolish to me

if you believe bitcoins will go up in value enough to warrant purchasing one of those, then you should just buy the bitcoins off the market

i mentioned something about how specialized equipment leads to more centralization, not less, and then someone responded about how all this extra hashing power is good for the network (like 8 months ago?)

i guess to chase off the cpu bot miners, though im not sure the positives outweigh the negatives
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:39:41 PM

this troll does not hold asic miner shares...

2/10

yep
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: