Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 gram .999 fine silver "bitcoin" rounds *********type 2***********  (Read 56019 times)
Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 09:57:43 PM

how much of the type 2 coins is left, please? would you make a 3rd dye if I clear your stock?
and the image with "there are 1000 coins of type 2 minted" is out of date ; )

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 10:16:13 PM

Resurrected thread alert Grin Blimmey June 2011 - time flys  Grin

No stock of these left - no plans for a type 3  Grin if you have em there rare !!

If your in the US I designed a 1oz copper version, that the AOCS mint sell , there ideal to hand out (no real metal value though)

Bitrated user: Mick.
Binford 6100

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 10:30:28 PM

Resurrected thread alert Grin Blimmey June 2011 - time flys  Grin
Sorry for that. I thought you have some of the coins still left.

No stock of these left - no plans for a type 3  Grin if you have em there rare !!
: )))) time to rise prices. I offered a dozen of those for half a bitcoin each at bitmit.

damn, information asymmetry!

If your in the US I designed a 1oz copper version, that the AOCS mint sell , there ideal to hand out (no real metal value though)
I know the copper coins. When I found them offered by a coin dealer I checked your website and bingo! I prefer the silver ones. I might give them a try later, when I'll give a talk somewhere. not meeting many people lately.
Btw did you know I used you pictures of the silver coins for post stamps? : )

Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 10:42:19 PM

I sold 2300 and I'm sure I never made a penny, shouldn't admit that ..... My excuse was the bitcoin price was much more volatile, all over the place  Grin

Yes I remember seeing them , nearly looked as good as the coins ... Nearly   Cheesy

Binford 6100

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 10:51:27 PM

I sold 2300 and I'm sure I never made a penny, shouldn't admit that ..... My excuse was the bitcoin price was much more volatile, all over the place  Grin
but that's an excuse only, isn't it? I remember you used an exchange to fix the exchange rate to avoid this very thing.
I think your pricing was broken (too low) and you wanted to offer best deal possible. I remember your cashing out schema because I used you as an example of a seller type accepting bitcoins, avoiding exchange risks and adding pressure to the exchange rate every time he sells something.

Yes I remember seeing them , nearly looked as good as the coins ... Nearly   Cheesy
I did not remember posting it here : )))
but I think I never sent you any.
are the dyes for sale, btw? I just asked local mint for quote for 1 gram rounds. will probably fail because they
a) are a state company, probably not dealing with small private customers
b) do not offer minting of things smaller than 27 mm
was wondering how much a restrike would cost me (read Type III)

Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:36:50 PM

I think your right on the price, also if I had of kept hold of the bitcoin till now I would have done much better. At the time I was torn between holding them and selling them. Essentially I needed to cash them to fund more stock so I should have done that immediately, but inevitably on most occasions I held onto the bitcoins call it short term greed just long enough though to hit a price drop every time .i was selling them all through a period where the bitcoin price was stair stepping down. All a good learning experience no fault on bitcoins part rather my own judgement.

Ok so the original dies........ These where produced by the Cmc mint who still hold the dies, as I think I mentioned in the thread I had never limited the type 2, so those could be made available, however the typr 1's are out of bounds as I stated clearly production of those where limited to 1000.

Not sure if you mean type 3 as a fresh design, it might be better to pm or email me.  you could take the route of dealing with the cmc direct in having more of the type 2 produced by them after buying the dies plus rights from me the dies originally cost me $295 , alternatively we could look into having them shipped to you.

mjb_monetary_metals@yahoo.co.uk

BobbyJo

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 11:29:45 AM

Are you still selling these? Very interested and in UK.

Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 12:29:37 PM

I designed these but they where produced by Cmc mint, a couple of months ago I made contacted Cmc mint as a respected forum member wanted to take over the dyes and continue with production. It appears that they have changed owners since they were produced so I didn't get anywhere in talks with them regarding handing the dyes on and re-starting production so as I stands there's only going to be 2300 of both types in total. (I've got a couple but there not for sale I'm afraid  Grin

I'm mainly selling the real digital Bitcoins via BitconFridge.co.uk at the moment

There's a large 1oz copper bitcoin art round that I designed that I believe is still available from Aocs mint in the US

mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 06:22:31 PM

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/8876-1-gram-silver-art-coin-both-types-available

probably price not fixed in fiat, did not change since btc jumped to 17+ (from 12ish range)

your ad here:
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:19:11 PM

I designed these but they where produced by Cmc mint, a couple of months ago I made contacted Cmc mint as a respected forum member wanted to take over the dyes and continue with production. It appears that they have changed owners since they were produced so I didn't get anywhere in talks with them regarding handing the dyes on and re-starting production so as I stands there's only going to be 2300 of both types in total. (I've got a couple but there not for sale I'm afraid  Grin

I'm mainly selling the real digital Bitcoins via BitconFridge.co.uk at the moment

There's a large 1oz copper bitcoin art round that I designed that I believe is still available from Aocs mint in the US

I see this coin over here: http://antanacoins.com/product/1oz-bitcoin-999-fine-copper-bullion-coin-aocs-2013-in-capsule/

Is it legitimate?

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:31:22 PM

I bought one on ebay for a couple of quid. They are real and in the wild
Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:08:26 PM

I designed the copper art rounds, Aocs mint who I think are now called mulligan mint make them I never sold that many here in the uk they asked if they could resell them in the US , it's probably due to the fact I don't order from them now but they still sell them but they don't pay me the royalty payment they agreed. The same is true of a globe and gear copper round they sell . Note this is an old thread.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:04:43 PM

I've seen a coin exactly like that with a qr code at the back, and it was one ounce of fine silver instead of copper

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:13:31 PM

Last time Aocs contacted a while ago they said that someone in Spain was selling a copper 2013 copy with no qr code, I wasn't aware of a silver one with qr code, entirely possible though  Shocked

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:18:55 PM

Last time Aocs contacted a while ago they said that someone in Spain was selling a copper 2013 copy with no qr code, I wasn't aware of a silver one with qr code, entirely possible though  Shocked

https://factorystore.mulliganmint.com/silver/1-oz/brilliant-uncirculated-quality/bit-coin.html

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:43:12 PM

I would be cautious in using Aocs mint (mulligan mint) http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2013/09/20/texas-coin-maker-for-fed-estranged-files-for-bankruptcy/

As I say they made the Bitcoin round and a globe and gear round from my design which they resold the royalties would then have been a discount on any that I purchased. They probably expected that I would have been ordering large quantities as that wasn't the case they aren't interested in paying any royalties now - looks like there still using the artwork though on a silver round, anyway it was only a gentleman's agreement nothing in writing. 

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 05:44:34 PM

I didn't notice I was necroing an old thread, my bad!

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 06:04:02 PM

I would be cautious in using Aocs mint (mulligan mint) http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2013/09/20/texas-coin-maker-for-fed-estranged-files-for-bankruptcy/

As I say they made the Bitcoin round and a globe and gear round from my design which they resold the royalties would then have been a discount on any that I purchased. They probably expected that I would have been ordering large quantities as that wasn't the case they aren't interested in paying any royalties now - looks like there still using the artwork though on a silver round, anyway it was only a gentleman's agreement nothing in writing.

Rob Gray, who "founded" AOCS is an interesting character.  I do not know him personally, only by reputation.  And have spoken with many who have had much more personal involvement.

He arrived on the Liberty Dollar scene and wanted to be the head of it, despite not having done anything.  Full of gusto he wanted to be given everything and made the head of national organization.  This candidacy was not supported by the incumbent RCO's (regional currency officers) to put it mildly.

As part of this attempt, he gained knowledge of the mechanics of the Liberty Dollar, how it is priced, the manufacturing basics, some knowledge of minting, and a lot of contacts.  At the failure of his bid to take over, he went off on his own and founded AOCS, the American Open Currency Standard which was based on the Liberty Dollar model...  By "based" I mean that it was an exact copy.

This was all well and good, the founder of the Liberty Dollar, Bernard von Nothaus had always been very free with his knowledge and expertise.  He is a great teacher and has more knowledge, creativity and expertise than any 10 others in the industry.  Where Rob Gray failed in basic ethics was in then claiming that he, Rob Gray devised this model and not its true architect, Bernard von Nothaus.  This lie alone should have been enough of a warning, but it did not end there.

Further to add insult to injury, Rob Gray then "decertified" the Liberty Dollar as non-AOCS compliant!  It would be laughable and entirely ignorable were it not for the concurrent unjustified legal prosecution of the Liberty Dollar.  When seen in that light was worse than adding an insult to an injury, it was a betrayal.  A backstab maneuver against one of the heroes of the evolving history of alternative currency, Bernard von Nothaus, to whom he owed everything that he had built.  This personal betrayal which came so easily to Rob Gray has been a pattern of his behavior over the years.

It is for these reasons that we have elected to not do any business with Rob Gray or Mulligan Mint, due to his lack of ethics, and his history of personal treachery, greed and narcissism.  Our condolences go out to Republic and any other who placed trust in this man.  I owe you an apology for not bringing this story more to the fore.  I never enjoy speaking ill of others, but in this case there is an obligation to police our own industry and keep those of ill-repute and untrustworthyness outside the circles of honest business so that people do not take risks for which they are not aware.

For those of you who have suffered due to your dealings with him, again, we apologize for not giving stronger voice to these suspicions.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
phase5

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 10:44:37 AM

Hello,
I got one "one gram silver .999 type1" and one "one gram silver .999 type2". What are these worse as the for the silver I just would get 0,66 USD - LOL

REgards
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:27:08 AM

These things rock, I don't think I could ever part with them. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: