Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:53:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CROC] Official CrocodileCash Update Board [Strength in Basking]  (Read 20025 times)
currypto (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 10:25:40 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 10:29:19 PM by currypto
Merited by heratys111 (31), Belligerent Fool (2)

Hey CrocodileCash enthusiast!

Today (Oct. 27th, 2017) we are introducing a new board that will allow you to easily follow what is going on in the CrocodileCash community.
It is called a "board" because this exact post is where all updates will happen. When a noteable update occurs it will appear here.

If you reply to this thread, you will be notified via the Show new replies to your posts link at the top of the bitcointalk.org site.

Current top priority: scope the Internet for a marketing designer.
Reward: 1000 CROC (lower bound)

Below are the current tasks the team is handling:

MemberTask
curryptoApplication server development: doing Croc-lo improvements at the moment.
startstsMarket, faucet, and mining software development
HyperjackedNew Twitter account management: the old one was deleted.
heratys111Community discussion driver

Software that will terraform our ecosystem:

1. Market, faucet, wallet (online staking!) and mining, all-in-one.
2. Croc-lo, a prototype implementation for the upcoming CrocodileCash application server. (Currently down)

Note that the above software products have been completed, and are constantly being updated. Croc-lo has been pulled because there are critical issues that can bankrupt the host quickly if users know what they're doing. It will be back when these critical updates are complete.

Our ultimate goal is to create a strong ecosystem surrounding CrocodileCash, giving it true value. This means non-critical wallet updates are not a priority. "Don't fix it if it isn't broken".

If you wish to make a monetary contribution, we encourage 5% of your CrocodileCash holdings. This is based on Hyperjacked's holdings and contribution of 10k CROC.

Multisignature address: [ To be created ]

The 3-of-4 signatures required to send funds are: currypto, Hyperjacked, startsts, heratys111.

I highly encourage you to visit the old thread, to learn about CrocodileCash history and download the current wallet.

Thanks for being part of our community!

Coin update proposal

Because CrocodileCash is based off of some weird fork of Peercoin, and is not easy to update, we need a solution to this. I propose we fork directly from the latest Peercoin code, adjust the parameters to be exactly as our own, and continue to move forward. This way we can take advantage of ALL future Peercoin updates -  this means segwit, pruning and lightning network updates, with ZERO effort.

All your CrocodileCash should not be affected in any way. It should be a seamless upgrade.

Timeline

10/27/2017This post was created and the new CrocodileCash team formalized.
10/30/2017Proposing a fork of Peercoin to gain support updates effortlessly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:29:08 PM

Sweet !!! I will donate 17k croc for the development fund

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
timace1978

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Rainbow Lite Dev

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:30:08 PM

Awesome, strength in basking! Let's take Croc to the next level fellas. This coin reminds me of BTC early on, can't wait to see where it goes.

heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:55:18 PM

As noted in another forum, I'll be throwing in some CROCs for development of the ecosystem and coin.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:57:17 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 02:19:59 PM by Hyperjacked

We now have an official Crocodile cash Twitter account @CrocCash

More to come...  Grin

https://mobile.twitter.com/CrocCash

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
heratys111

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:37:45 PM

I just PM'd the above people regarding getting the multi-sig development address happening...

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:07:59 PM

I like the coin and find your motivation to make more out of it, very cool.
I'm looking forward to new content as investor and miner!

What do you think about a masternode integration?

I want to donate 500 Croc's

you have a donation address?

I'm currently gathering the team's public keys to create a multisig address so you can donate. I'll post an update when it's possible to. You will see the multisig address hash when it's ready to go. Thank you for being generous!

I haven't looked into what a masternode is, but I have heard both good, and bad about them.

As for your issue:

Hello

I want to run all my POS wallets and nodes over a Raspberry Pi, but I do not have much experience with linux yet

I have already invested a lot of time to find the problem but I can not find the solution with google

when installing CrocodileCash-qt.pro via qmake / make I only get error messages. Yes I have all packages installed.
Then I tried it over the QT Creator, in the options set the compiler "GCC" "/usr/bin/c++" more I did not change.
When I start building I get an error again

Code:
cd /root/CrocodileCash-master/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ /usr/bin/make OPT="-fpermissive -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -O2" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a
make[1]: Entering directory '/root/CrocodileCash-master/src/leveldb'
/bin/sh: 1: ./build_detect_platform: Permission denied
Makefile:18: build_config.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/CrocodileCash-master/src/leveldb'
Makefile:694: recipe for target '/root/CrocodileCash-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a' failed
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'build_config.mk'.  Stop.
make: *** [/root/CrocodileCash-master/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2
16:05:04: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project CrocodileCash-qt (kit: Qt 5.7.1 in PATH (qt5))
The kit Qt 5.7.1 in PATH (qt5) has configuration issues which might be the root cause for this problem.
When executing step "Make"

You will not be able to build CrocodileCash for the Raspberry Pi for a few reasons:

1. I'm fairly sure we have no support for targetting ARM at all.
2. libleveldb and libmemenv are precompiled (although you can compile them yourself) for x86/AMD64 architecture.
3. Looks like you're lacking the proper user permissions for building.

My suggestion:

Do not build CrocodileCashd for Raspberry Pi at this time. Only the utmost experienced developers will be able to do this.

If you are very interested on running CrocodileCashd on a low power device, consider something like the Intel Compute Stick, which can run Linux on an x86-based system.

We have no core wallet developer because we believe the wallet doesn't need much work, or "just working" is good enough for 95% of our users. This is why we have a development fund - bounties for wallet contributions will reward developers who have some spare time and want to earn something.

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:54:09 PM

Hi guys,

nice old thread & great proj

discovered by chance & jumped here ..
Status coin pls & I wish eventually invest myself

Sorry, status coin? The status of the coin? Errr, alive? haha.

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:27:15 PM

Hi guys,

nice old thread & great proj

discovered by chance & jumped here ..
Status coin pls & I wish eventually invest myself

Sorry, status coin? The status of the coin? Errr, alive? haha.

yep

restart .. redesign .. team .. dev progress ..
you want great website, marketing, other... no prob

What you see in the first post is what we are exactly working on. There should be no confusion.

We are looking for a good marketing designer. That is, a graphic designer who specializes in marketing material.

startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:04:06 PM

Wallet on CryptoHub Server  delays on respond on any rpc command a lot.   CryptoHub will disable the coin setting "maintenance" status to protect the system  if it delays more than 90 seconds.
wallet.dat is 90 mb since there a lot of deposits and payment processor for croc-lo, can it be the reason of the problem?

Maybe I need to banish some miners to decreases found blocks rate.  For last 24h CryptoHub has found ~90% of all PoW blocks

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:14:06 PM

Wallet on CryptoHub Server  delays on respond on any rpc command a lot.   CryptoHub will disable the coin setting "maintenance" status to protect the system  if it delays more than 90 seconds.
wallet.dat is 90 mb since there a lot of deposits and payment processor for croc-lo, can it be the reason of the problem?

Maybe I need to banish some miners to decreases found blocks rate.  For last 24h CryptoHub has found ~90% of all PoW blocks

Lets walk through what could be happening...

1. Invoke CrocodileCashd client to send a command (getinfo) to the server
2. The server receives the message to process
3. The client waits for a response. You are saying it takes up to 90 seconds.
4. So this means the server is busy doing something...What could it possibly be busy doing?

A few possibilities:

1. The blockchain could be huge to traverse. getinfo could be traversing the whole blockchain.
2. The server could be busy with other processes. Check the nice value on processes.
3. Test the latency with other coins on your server.

Lets start with this.

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:29:54 PM

Update: Coin update proposal

startsts

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:30:30 PM

1. The blockchain could be huge to traverse. getinfo could be traversing the whole blockchain.

just tell me how to clean

2. The server could be busy with other processes. Check the nice value on processes.

Tried to disable staking, no diference

In common wallets responds to "getinfo" in 2-5 seconds

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:44:13 PM

No idea how to clean the chain...

But by the sounds of it, it's the chain lol.

startsts

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:50:36 PM

No idea how to clean the chain...

But by the sounds of it, it's the chain lol.

the only way  is delete all data and start from zero,  but some users will use old deposit addresses ant lost their coins

startsts

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:56:44 PM

It's a little faster now when there is no miners (no found blocks for last 30 minutes) - sometimes responds in 1 seconds, sometimes still delays in 5-15 seconds

john_W

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:04:27 PM

It's a little faster now when there is no miners (no found blocks for last 30 minutes) - sometimes responds in 1 seconds, sometimes still delays in 5-15 seconds

From what i seen today, when the network hash drop lower then 6TH the problem starts
the wallet weight will be bigger then the network wight. the staking time will go to 20sec..but all you staking coin will be reject

now that the nerwork hash is back to 10TH+.the wallets weight will be lower then the network weight and stacking is back to normal ( mining diff need to get stable still )

So the theory is :  because of all tho's big wallets staking a problem will start when the network hash drops alot
startsts

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:08:50 PM

5 rejected blocks at row.... Now seems wallet delays on net syncing...
So satoshi nakamoto was right when set to bitcoin block time 20 minutes.     with 30 seconds a coin can't be stable.    Actually Q2C coin (30 seconds block time too) was freezeing 1 time too, it exactly was a case when it was a lot of found blocks for an hour.
Such bad perfomance can be result of using leveldb? Why not mysql/postgres ?

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 11:29:40 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 11:44:14 PM by currypto

5 rejected blocks at row.... Now seems wallet delays on net syncing...
So satoshi nakamoto was right when set to bitcoin block time 20 minutes.     with 30 seconds a coin can't be stable.    Actually Q2C coin (30 seconds block time too) was freezeing 1 time too, it exactly was a case when it was a lot of found blocks for an hour.
Such bad perfomance can be result of using leveldb? Why not mysql/postgres ?

What exactly causes the problem?

What do you mean "wallet weight"? This is very interesting to me.

Is leveldb not performant? I will have to check.

------

Edit: Leveldb performance: https://github.com/google/leveldb Scroll own a bit.

> CPU:        4 x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz

We get about 260MB/s max.

It is interesting this conversation has come up before:

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2013-September/003265.html
https://www.influxdata.com/blog/benchmarking-leveldb-vs-rocksdb-vs-hyperleveldb-vs-lmdb-performance-for-influxdb/

RocksDB has the fastest read time.

What is the size of the chain right now guys?

Maybe invest in a SSD startsts.

heratys111

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:42:00 AM

What do you think about a masternode integration?
I'm not personally a fan of the masternode fetish/trend.  I opined last month the following:

* The people who are drinking the Masternode-kool-aid/spiked-punch neglect to consider that Masternodes concentrate the network and make it less secure.  A survey of this and similar topics can be found here: http://weuse.cash/2016/06/09/btc-xmr-zcash/ .  People who want masternodes should fork their own coin; CROC's got good specs without that bs.  Masternodes would alter the earlier premises/character of this coin.

On further consideration of the topic, I'd also add that the additional complication of getting a masternode set up (and running on a host/server outside of one's direct control--if a holder doesn't have their system running 24/7) actually discourages mass-adoption and helps ensure this is a geek-coin only.  At the moment, it's a POS coin with a goldilocks (not-too-high, not-too-low rate of inflation... ... arguably.   The 12% rate is enticement for people to speculate given this guaranteed return [and as a fan of both Austrian-school economics and existentialism, I'd say "experimentation before refutation" and allow people to decide if this is a coin they want to hold and let them bear the positive or negative consequences of their actions].

Yet, to balance my criticism of masternodes (which I'd characterize as a malignant, stupified pestilence), I would say however, that the pros on behalf of masternodes do include that they take some coins off the market (as collateral for setting a masternode up) and they ensure that a "nothing-at-stake" situation doesn't arise (which doesn't seem to have been an issue... and I don't foresee this to be anything more than a theoretical or academic problem [and the simultaneous POW-component offsets any potential peril of this anyhow]).

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: