Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CROC] Official CrocodileCash Update Board [Strength in Basking]  (Read 20021 times)
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:42:49 PM

Is there already a description of all API functions available or maybe a demo API accesible?

You mean CryptoHub?  Api is here https://cryptohub.online/api/
CROC wallet has same rpc api as hundreds of other coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
currypto (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 04:56:44 AM

This is a notice to everyone that I will be away for 3 weeks. Don't worry, CrocodileCash stuff is still happening.

I've spent a lot of these past 2 weeks using Rust, as it will be the basis for any serious new software I build around CrocodileCash.

Our multisig wallet still requires one more person. Currently we only have the 3 of us - startsts, heratys111 and myself. Instead of the proposed 3-of-4, we are going to most likely do 2-of-3.

Thank you fellow Reptilians!

heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:23:51 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2017, 05:35:17 AM by heratys111

This is a notice to everyone that I will be away for 3 weeks. Don't worry, CrocodileCash stuff is still happening.

I've spent a lot of these past 2 weeks using Rust, as it will be the basis for any serious new software I build around CrocodileCash.

Our multisig wallet still requires one more person. Currently we only have the 3 of us - startsts, heratys111 and myself. Instead of the proposed 3-of-4, we are going to most likely do 2-of-3.

Thank you fellow Reptilians!

Thank you currypto for the update.  

I'm clarifying or stating to CROC-people-at-large that the developer wallet is intended to potentially provide funds to recruit or compensate competent and motivated individuals with coin-management expertise (as Gizzard is apparently AWOL).  CrocodileCash seems to de facto be a community-coin at this point (it's not the only coin in this situation but, IMO, it's a "killer-app"-coin among that group/classification based on CROC's unique implementation).

In my view, I don't think we're looking to provide a slush-fund for some lazy lout that is going through the motions of administering a coin.  Instead, I think we would consider implementing any code-base changes that might be beneficial in future years, and/or any isolated CROC-ecosystem projects that folks might desire to be implemented (and willing to put-their-money-where-their-mouth-is) to fund particular sub-projects that might not always interest the larger community..  Thus, some of the motivation is to have various pools of CROCs at hand with voting-mechanisms to encourage bounties; this is where you have clout to make this coin what you would like more-optimal and badass forms of money to be.

Based on one conversation in Cryptohub's chat, I'd say that Hyperjacked, startsts, currypto, and myself have taken a page out of the book of coins such as DASH, PIVX, Solaris, AmsterdamCoin, and Crown which are setting aside funds to improve the prospects for those who are interested in those coins.   Lucky you who have encountered this thread and CROC at this juncture.   Grin

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
m3mbr44n

Activity: 520
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:59:29 AM

I noticed that my Blockfolio (andriod app) is no longer updating CROC prices (Yobit exchange). Other coins are updating fine. Anybody else has the same issue or is it just me?
andybruce50

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:39:53 PM

Hey CrocodileCash enthusiast!

Today (Oct. 27th, 2017) we are introducing a new board that will allow you to easily follow what is going on in the CrocodileCash community.
It is called a "board" because this exact post is where all updates will happen. When a noteable update occurs it will appear here.

If you reply to this thread, you will be notified via the Show new replies to your posts link at the top of the bitcointalk.org site.

Current top priority: scope the Internet for a marketing designer.
Reward: 1000 CROC (lower bound)

Below are the current tasks the team is handling:

MemberTask
curryptoApplication server development: doing Croc-lo improvements at the moment.
startstsMarket, faucet, and mining software development
HyperjackedNew Twitter account management: the old one was deleted.
heratys111Community discussion driver

Software that will terraform our ecosystem:

1. Market, faucet, wallet (online staking!) and mining, all-in-one.
2. Croc-lo, a prototype implementation for the upcoming CrocodileCash application server. (Currently down)

Note that the above software products have been completed, and are constantly being updated. Croc-lo has been pulled because there are critical issues that can bankrupt the host quickly if users know what they're doing. It will be back when these critical updates are complete.

Our ultimate goal is to create a strong ecosystem surrounding CrocodileCash, giving it true value. This means non-critical wallet updates are not a priority. "Don't fix it if it isn't broken".

If you wish to make a monetary contribution, we encourage 5% of your CrocodileCash holdings. This is based on Hyperjacked's holdings and contribution of 10k CROC.

Multisignature address: [ To be created ]

The 3-of-4 signatures required to send funds are: currypto, Hyperjacked, startsts, heratys111.

I highly encourage you to visit the old thread, to learn about CrocodileCash history and download the current wallet.

Thanks for being part of our community!

Coin update proposal

Because CrocodileCash is based off of some weird fork of Peercoin, and is not easy to update, we need a solution to this. I propose we fork directly from the latest Peercoin code, adjust the parameters to be exactly as our own, and continue to move forward. This way we can take advantage of ALL future Peercoin updates -  this means segwit, pruning and lightning network updates, with ZERO effort.

All your CrocodileCash should not be affected in any way. It should be a seamless upgrade.

Timeline

10/27/2017This post was created and the new CrocodileCash team formalized.
10/30/2017Proposing a fork of Peercoin to gain support updates effortlessly.
Have all these been met ?....what plans are underway for croc.    No   new website and new twitter account still
heratys111

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:25:16 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 02:37:05 AM by heratys111

Have all these been met ?....what plans are underway for croc.    No   new website and new twitter account still
Relevant questions for sure...  I've been accumulating CROC (mining, staking, and buying). I know one of the team mentioned in the announcement had wallet problems and don't know whether this has been resolved in his case; however, I think three of the members are prepared to get that multi-sig wallet happening.  At this point, I'm prepared to donate 70k CROC to a development/ecosystem wallet for this coin.

As indicated in earlier posts, I'm a fan of Spectrecoin and (as I keep up with that thread), I do want to have a CROC post online at coinwiki.info -- as XSPEC does --  describing and representing this coin  I'll probably start it myself, but do tend to keep busy with other matters.  

I don't honestly/personally care about Twitter/Facebook or social media campaigns because I'm not sharing nor planning to share that needle.  If CROC has a presence there that's great, but it's probably subsidiary to other things that might be worthwhile or more substantive.

The website (http://crocodilecash.ga/) is very minimalistic for sure and not a great selling point.  The only coin websites I've really encountered much have been Dash and Monero's though (and they're much more major-league and established coins than CROC) but also Solaris, Amsterdamcoin, and Spectrecoin.  At the very least, I think a new site should update the broken links and having a more modern look than the current site.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
telematico2

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:15:49 PM

What are the developments you want to make?
they should make some roadmap.
What is the donation account?
I could give something
MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:19:30 PM

Bookmarked to watch. I'm in with some small money. Let the croc bite Cheesy

Not visible on coinmarketcap to date. Let it fly below radar until it's ready.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:17:18 PM

Have all these been met ?....what plans are underway for croc.    No   new website and new twitter account still
Relevant questions for sure...  I've been accumulating CROC (mining, staking, and buying). I know one of the team mentioned in the announcement had wallet problems and don't know whether this has been resolved in his case; however, I think three of the members are prepared to get that multi-sig wallet happening.  At this point, I'm prepared to donate 70k CROC to a development/ecosystem wallet for this coin.

As indicated in earlier posts, I'm a fan of Spectrecoin and (as I keep up with that thread), I do want to have a CROC post online at coinwiki.info -- as XSPEC does --  describing and representing this coin  I'll probably start it myself, but do tend to keep busy with other matters.  

I don't honestly/personally care about Twitter/Facebook or social media campaigns because I'm not sharing nor planning to share that needle.  If CROC has a presence there that's great, but it's probably subsidiary to other things that might be worthwhile or more substantive.

The website (http://crocodilecash.ga/) is very minimalistic for sure and not a great selling point.  The only coin websites I've really encountered much have been Dash and Monero's though (and they're much more major-league and established coins than CROC) but also Solaris, Amsterdamcoin, and Spectrecoin.  At the very least, I think a new site should update the broken links and having a more modern look than the current site.

Hey Heratys

You are incredibly generous...

I'm excited about the team and confirm what we discussed on crypto hub. This will be a long term project and I will donate at least 10% from my address CR2C1W9DE7RneBwLpNFQ5AgHFSqKRgYH6Y

The community currently owns Croccash.com which I purchased last month and I can turn over the password so someone can manage the site when Currypto finishes it.
The official Twitter account is @croccash which I will manage
https://mobile.twitter.com/CrocCash

This is just the beginning...

Cheers Crocs  Grin

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
timace1978

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Rainbow Lite Dev

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:45:21 AM

wow guys keep it up, was loosing faith til i saw all the work going on here, impressive I am building balance back up slowly and holding this time amazing how you all came together in a troll box on cryptohub and have been able to get this far, strength in basking indeed. This a true crypto community!

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 08:15:49 PM

I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.

startsts

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:51:49 PM

I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.

Smiley  price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action  Grin

heratys111

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:41:08 AM

I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.

Smiley  price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action  Grin

Nice...  Smiley  Grin.

It is an unusual circumstance with BTC making that 14.8 K USD figure today.   Also, there's no denying that some new coins have slicker graphics and a glitzier marketing pitch.

I'm underway adding a CROC entry to the coinwiki site (in its stub-state it can be found here:  http://coinwiki.info/en/CrocodileCash ).  I don't think coinwiki is necessarily a high-traffic site -- but it will be there to represent and potentially reach a broader audience.  It's definitely a stub for now but I'm planning to keep adding content there.  Also, as it is a wiki, anyone else should feel free to alter that page (hopefully with intent to improve it).

I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.  On the topic of security, did you guys see or hear that NiceHash got hacked in the last day or so (and had some users' BTC stolen)?

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
startsts

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:32:35 PM

I have returned. Smiley

Stay tuned.

Smiley  price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action  Grin

Nice...  Smiley  Grin.

It is an unusual circumstance with BTC making that 14.8 K USD figure today.   Also, there's no denying that some new coins have slicker graphics and a glitzier marketing pitch.

I'm underway adding a CROC entry to the coinwiki site (in its stub-state it can be found here:  http://coinwiki.info/en/CrocodileCash ).  I don't think coinwiki is necessarily a high-traffic site -- but it will be there to represent and potentially reach a broader audience.  It's definitely a stub for now but I'm planning to keep adding content there.  Also, as it is a wiki, anyone else should feel free to alter that page (hopefully with intent to improve it).

I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.  On the topic of security, did you guys see or hear that NiceHash got hacked in the last day or so (and had some users' BTC stolen)?

yeah it's a sad situation with nicehash, I was using it for mining monacocoin and honeycoin ...

currypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 12:42:03 PM

price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action

Even if CrocodileCash reaches zero, I will continue to work on it Smiley

MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:13:59 PM

I dropped a small article about CROC into Steemit today.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@madmac/crocodilecash-if-you-ever-wanted-to-have-a-stake
startsts

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:48:35 AM

price has fallen a lot,  you should immediately  take appropriate action

Even if CrocodileCash reaches zero, I will continue to work on it Smiley

it can't reach zero,  if reaches 1 sat I can enable prices lower than 1 sat  Grin Grin Grin

Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 01:00:06 AM

I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.
It's on https://croc.blockstats.pw like... forever Smiley
Node still needs cpu/ram fix, most resource hungry one ever.

startsts

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:51:33 PM

I didn't add a link to the block explorer (at https://crocblock.nullspam.ru/ )... as my browser has been outputting an error message about their security certificate being invalid.
It's on https://croc.blockstats.pw like... forever Smiley
Node still needs cpu/ram fix, most resource hungry one ever.

surely with such few block time,   I recently added DogeCoin to CryptoHub, it consumes even more CPU/RAM,  so CROC is not the hungriest one anymore

Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 02:23:42 AM

CROC 745902 blocks - 308 MB.
XSH 452281 blocks with 50 sec between them - 150 MB and it was like that with 200k blocks too. Based on recent Bitcoin version.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: