Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:36:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to split BTC and BTG  (Read 480 times)
Avery523 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:22:08 AM

I have bitcoin in blockchain.info (where i control the private keys) before 25 Oct.
Which exchange/wallet can i use to split the bitcoin into BTC and BTG so that i can sell them separately before 1 Nov 2017?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:43:06 AM

I have bitcoin in blockchain.info (where i control the private keys) before 25 Oct.
Which exchange/wallet can i use to split the bitcoin into BTC and BTG so that i can sell them separately before 1 Nov 2017?
You need export private key from BTC address and import it to wallet support BTG coin. But before used it! You must sent all BTC to other wallet! (The purpose of this is to ensure the safety of your BTC)
I can seaching app allow export Private key from blockchain.info ( seed) via Google!
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:03:01 AM

You need export private key from BTC address and import it to wallet support BTG coin. But before used it! You must sent all BTC to other wallet! (The purpose of this is to ensure the safety of your BTC)
I can seaching app allow export Private key from blockchain.info ( seed) via Google!
there is no need to do such troublesome things, just save them in blockchain.inf and they will send btc gold to your wallet. but we do not know when the exact time will happen.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:21:12 AM

There are no such wallets yet that let you split bitcoin gold at the moment except the yobit exchange.
Yobit supports both bitcoin gold and its exchange since the day fork has happened .
It will some time for blockchain to split bitcoin gold from our wallets but if you can't wait anymore, just move your bitcoins to yobit account and there you will be able to see and exchange your bitcoin gold attached to blockchain.
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:24:53 AM

In november it should be provided. Hope wallets will support not before replay protection is provided, how ever that may technically work.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:32:06 AM

1. (most important step) wait for the BTG fork to happen! it has not yet happened, it will probably be in November. you can follow their website BTCGPU.org or their twitter or github (both links on website) to get the updates.
2. in your wallet account on blockchain.info go to settings and find where your "recovery phrase" is located at
2.2. create a new blockchain.info account or use another wallet and send all your bitcoins to that new wallet.
3. use that in here: iancoleman.github.io/bip39/ to get all your private keys (use an offline copy of that page). there is an option called blockchain.info if you look for it. there are also walkthroughs online which you can find if you search.
4. import those private keys in BTG wallet that you download from btcgpu.org in the future and have your BTG.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:33:11 AM

To get BTG you need to import your private keys into their wallet. But the problem is that wallet BTG does not exist, and no one knows when it will appear .

VuValley

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:34:57 PM

I was holding my BTC in an imported wallet on Blockchain during the fork. I can see my BTG balance on the explorer.

I saved my private key and then imported into Coinomi via sweep but it says there is no balance in the wallet.

Anyone else experience a similar situation with Blockchain or Coinomi??
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: