Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 10:01:18 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to Bitmain account holders: Bitmain Customer Database possibly hacked  (Read 495 times)
Xenomole

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:02:36 AM

MODS: since Bitmain account holders are most probably miners, I thought this was the best place to post this. Feel free to move it to another forum if you think it belongs there. Thanks.

This is a warning to everyone with an account with Bitmain to change your passwords and enable 2FA for logging in and withdrawals (separate settings). Use Google Authenticator and NOT SMS 2FA. With your phone number being among the data released, someone could convince your phone carrier to switch your SIM to their phone and then use it for SMS 2FA. See https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/sim-swap-fraud-explained/

This wont change the fact that your email, name, address, phone number (and who knows what else) is out there, but at least it will secure your account, especially if you use the same credentials for your Hashnest or AntPool account (Bitmain uses the same "passport" credentials to log into all their websites).

Also, make sure your password for the email address used with your Bitmain account is a strong one.

I received the email below to an email address I use with my Bitmain account. It seems somebody hacked their customer database and is attempting to sell it.
I have emailed this information to Bitmain support, and will report back if/when they respond to me.

=====

Subject: Dear Customer.
To:Undisclosed-recipients:;
Sent: Thu, Oct 26, 2017 06:17 AM

The Full Bitmain`s e-mail database of buyers from the day of foundation to the present moment.
The base includes : recepient info, e-mail, address, phone number, country.
We will sell the database in two hands or split on countries.
You can monetize the base by different ways: mailout, sms sendings, groups creation in messengers, cold calls.
Checking:
1. You provide us a part of user`s information and we will send you the rest of it.
2. We can send you a few accounts and you can check its existence on Bitmain website
3. We can make any checking you offer.
Price:
We will consider the most profitable offer. Please, offer the price you are ready to pay this base when sending a message.
Contacts:
e-mail: alldatabase@protonmail.com
telegramm: @SunJian
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daluxx

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:15:46 AM

I can proof that email, I got the same. Hopefully it’s just a fake. Thank you for contacting the support and please keep us updated.
parkers

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:51:20 PM

Nice to see that someone is honest and share that information because fraud in the crypto world is enormous growing every day.
bigdude

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:44:44 PM

Lucky I just only bough their devices throught 3party company so I'm safe.
Now crypto always is main target of hacker due it value

daneel       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▄
  ▄█████████  █████████▄
▄███████████▌▐███████████▄
████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████████
██████▌▐ █▀████▀█ ▌▐██████
██████▌▐  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▌▐██████
▀███████   ▀▀▀▀   ███████▀
  ▀████████████████████▀
 ▄███████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████████▀▀
)))            ███
            ███
             █
             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
   ████▀           ▀████
██ ███ ▄▄▄       ▄▄▄ ███ ██
██ ██▌ ███       ███ ▐██ ██
██ ███▄▄           ▄▄███ ██
▀▀ █████████████████████ ▀▀
   ███████▄▄   ▄▄███████
   █████████████████████
PRE-ICO ON
4th December
[]
Daluxx

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:06:31 PM

Please keep us updated if you get an answer Xenomole. I hope it was really just a fake from that email.
margauxlolo

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:53:35 PM

Received a warming 2-3 months ago from Bitmain to change our passwords because something was hacked. Hopefully this is a fake email/offer. Otherwise it would it would be a big hassle. I'm starting to regret buying 2 D3s, now this!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.