Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:54:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New user bitcoin !?  (Read 1576 times)
bajigur894784 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:58:26 AM

As a new user, can I start using Bitcoin without having to understand the technical details?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nativevideobox

Activity: 210

NVB Is A Cutting-Edge Native Video Platform

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:09:41 AM

It's not so hard to understand how bitcoin works. What do you want to use it for?

warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:12:02 AM

In order to use bitcoins you do not need to understand the technical aspects. But I think curiosity would win. You will learn to be confident in the rightness of their choice. Now if you have a small amount of coins you can store them in the wallet and watch as they grow in price. Can at any time to exchange their coins for Fiat and spend on your goals. The choice is yours.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:16:54 AM

Yes you can. It's easy to download a wallet and register on a Bitcoin exchange without having knowledge about Bitcoin's technical details.
I would really advise that you read this page here though: https://bitcoin.org/en/faq
It presents everything you should know about Bitcoin into an easily comprehensible manner.
bajigur894784 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:17:43 AM

It's not so hard to understand how bitcoin works. What do you want to use it for?

bitcoin is a new thing for me, I am new to bitcoin.
therefore i ask.
as a beginner .. of course I am a bit confused with the bitcoin system.
and of course I want to have a good plan with bitcoin when I get it later.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:18:11 AM

All that you need to understand is:

-The importance of keeping your private keys safe (as they give you the right to spend your coins);
-What wallets to use in order to keep the keys safe (for a moderately user friendly experience, try a software wallet like Electrum or hardware wallet like TREZOR - for smaller amounts you could decide to use a phone wallet);
-The transaction fees that you need to include in your transactions (a good wallet will have good automatic fee estimation, but often you need to understand how long it may take for your transaction to confirm);
-Which merchants you can spend BTC at; and
-How confirmations work.

After that, I'd say you can pretty much use it and not screw anything up.  Always make sure you're sending to the right address - BTC transactions are non-reversible.

whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:20:45 AM

As a new user, can I start using Bitcoin without having to understand the technical details?

You can use bitcoin with out understanding the technical details. But it is better to have some fundamentals how bitcoin works you can search here there is a lot of information here about bitcoin that you can use as reference to understand bitcoin technically.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:21:06 AM

if you just want to invest in bitcoin, I think you are quite silent and sit looking at investment up or down. and you do not need to understand the technical details,
but if you want to trade, or join bitcointalk, I think you have an obligation to understand the technical details, because without it you incur losses in each of your trading and will get a hard rebuke from the moderator when playing bitcointalk.

bajigur894784 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:22:59 AM

In order to use bitcoins you do not need to understand the technical aspects. But I think curiosity would win. You will learn to be confident in the rightness of their choice. Now if you have a small amount of coins you can store them in the wallet and watch as they grow in price. Can at any time to exchange their coins for Fiat and spend on your goals. The choice is yours.

thank you..
hopefully later I can understand again aspects associated with bitcoin. Grin
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:24:14 AM

you can start using it without understanding, but it's better to learn some basic things
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:26:42 AM

if you start by investing you do not need to understand the technical details, you just sit and check every bitcoin fluctuation. then you take when you get a profit. and hold when bitcoin prices below.
but at least you know basically how technical details are about investing in bitcoin.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:32:43 AM

yes you can but much better to have knowledge about crypto currency.  as a newbie put some time to read here in forum to gain more information.. Cause the more you learn the more you earn. 
bajigur894784 (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:35:20 AM

All that you need to understand is:

-The importance of keeping your private keys safe (as they give you the right to spend your coins);
-What wallets to use in order to keep the keys safe (for a moderately user friendly experience, try a software wallet like Electrum or hardware wallet like TREZOR - for smaller amounts you could decide to use a phone wallet);
-The transaction fees that you need to include in your transactions (a good wallet will have good automatic fee estimation, but often you need to understand how long it may take for your transaction to confirm);
-Which merchants you can spend BTC at; and
-How confirmations work.

After that, I'd say you can pretty much use it and not screw anything up.  Always make sure you're sending to the right address - BTC transactions are non-reversible.

this is a very understandable explanation.
I hope in the future I can run all of it well and without messing it up.
eldrin

Activity: 644
Merit: 142

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:38:36 AM

As you use bitcoin regurly, you’ll learn everything about it. I also started without any knowledge, but as time goes by, and as I use bitcoin regulary, I learned the basics and so. I also started to do researches regarding cryptocurrency. But I suggest atleast try to understand first what bitcoin really is and how does it work.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:39:20 AM

yes you can but i suggest to learn first.  Put some time to read here in forum to gain more knowledge . Or do some research about crytpo currency in the internet  to gain some knowledge also.  Effort is the must mate.  As the others said the more you learn the more you earn.  
nativevideobox

Activity: 210

NVB Is A Cutting-Edge Native Video Platform

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 10:40:19 AM

bitcoin is a new thing for me, I am new to bitcoin.
therefore i ask.
as a beginner .. of course I am a bit confused with the bitcoin system.
and of course I want to have a good plan with bitcoin when I get it later.
Bitcoin is pretty interesting! Of course you can use it without knowledge about how it  works in detail. But I think everyone who use bitcoin should know some fundamental principles. Good luck  Wink

Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:40:56 AM

It's not very hard at all to use Bitcoin, it does get technical once you try to mine or run a node, which isn't really for the standard user anyways but you can utilize Bitcoin casually without a problem and new companies are making it extra easy user friendly.

TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:42:33 AM

as a noob a few years back, I jumped right in. I didn't know much then, and I still dont know much now. However, the basics were very easy to grasp and I have been hooked ever since. Going as far as earning a side income from my activities here. Op, nothing to worry about, If you are using it for basic send and receiving funds, you are good to go. Just be sure to secure your wallet and keep safe.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2940
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:43:15 AM

No, you can't understand bitcoin if you don't have technical details. As a new user, most of you guys are thinking about bitcoin is a good investment because of the price of it is really competitive and encouraging to get into bitcoin. But my advice is you have to know what you are trying to use. We can understand easily that buying bitcoin, holding it, forgetting it for years and get back to it when the price is too high but it's still better for you to know the technical details about bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:53:17 AM

You can use bitcoin without having to understand it, but you will have trouble if there is something with bitcoin, like halving, fork, double spend, and so on. you should learn while using bitcoin. So you can understand about bitcoin  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: