Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Project: Private Key Label Printer for BitAddress.org  (Read 5581 times)
Bitcoin Grid

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 09:30:10 PM

This looks great too!  Same on the circles, any way to not print them?
[/quote]

Just untick the "Show Circle Outline" box (top left)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitKoot

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:28:46 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 08:45:38 AM by BitKoot

Thanks again guys.
I have sent Bitkook And Bitcoin Grid 0.2 Btc

ba427a040ebdf74c4afddb62cdd214b537603a04d2ea382be3bdaafc8a639b4b
e75a3e4dad2fed5cd3a8778d24f1ef1d64581ddfd4fc2607f88019d8348f6236

Received. Thanks, really appreciate it!

So far, looks great!

Is there a way to not print the black circles?  (e.g. perhaps the CSS can be set such that the circle itself only appears on screen but not the paper)

Also is there a way to set the denomination as it appears in the sendmany command?  (it seems like perhaps it's hardcoded at 0.01)

Done and done: BitAddress fork v0.3
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 05:51:12 AM

I am still good for the aluminum coin bounty but will be somewhat slow due to upcoming time commitments. I intend to send a bag to both of you guys.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BitKoot

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:57:03 PM

I have made a few more improvements:
- Labels are shown individually right after they are generated. This also prevents the page from hanging in Firefox en IE.
- Custom text is shown regardless of the content type (QR code or key text).
- You can now enter custom bottom and top text.
- Top and bottom custom text is scaled to maximum width seperate from the scaling of the key text/qr code.
- Options are displayed nicer.
- Cleaned up the code.

Link: BitAddress fork 0.4

I am still good for the aluminum coin bounty but will be somewhat slow due to upcoming time commitments. I intend to send a bag to both of you guys.

Good to hear there's some coins comming this way Smiley, no hurries. Could you give a global time estimate?
Dougie

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

You are not special.

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:38:31 PM

Great job guys! These are really good. I will fund a selection of mine like this and let you know how they go.

I also want a few vanity ones with first bits at the bottom but I think it would be easier just to make them myself.

Lurking since 2011...
1J4DhU3q6RxxCTfAAcg5ExVK6FfxkmzkTH
BitKoot

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:46:45 AM

Great job guys! These are really good. I will fund a selection of mine like this and let you know how they go.

I also want a few vanity ones with first bits at the bottom but I think it would be easier just to make them myself.

I have hacked together a version where you can provide your own private keys: BitAddress fork dougie. The first labels are created based on the provided keys. When all provided keys are used, the remaining labels are created as normal (using generated keys).

You can input your own private keys (minikey or full key) in the 'Use these keys' field. The format you have to use is as follows: key_1;top_text_1;bottom_text_1;key_2;top_text_2;bottom_text_2

Let me know what you think. If this is a popular feature, I can implement it in a more permanent fasion (some better error checking etc.).
rogerwils

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:53:27 PM

The Bounty: One bag of 500 stickerable Aluminum Casascius Coins, including shipping.  These have the Bitcoin logo on the front, and a blank space for a sticker (up to 1.15" / 29mm in diameter) for you to print the content of your choice.

The Project: Fork BitAddress.org so that it can be used for printing full sheets of private key labels.

The Labels: http://www.onlinelabels.com/OL1025.htm

http://images.onlinelabels.com/Images/Products/OL6000/OL6000WX.png

How it should work:

• The user enters label count wide and high per page (in this example, 6 wide and 8 high)
  • The user enters width of label and horizontal distance between labels (as well as height and vertical distance)
  • The user enters a horizontal and vertical positioning offset (so it works with their particular printer)
  • The user should be able to print a sheet of private keys after having bought the product linked to above.

In addition, there should be an easy way for the user to copy a list of the Bitcoin Addresses to the clipboard, so he can bulk-fund the addresses with the amount of his choice.  The list should be available in two formats: one being a simple CRLF-delimited list of addresses, and the other being a preformatted command for bitcoind to fund all the coins in a single transaction, example:

Code:
sendmany "" "{\"1Address1\": 0.01, \"1Address2\": 0.01, \"1Address3\": 0.01}"

WHAT SHOULD GO ON THE LABELS:

This should be possibly up to user's discretion.  They will be a tight fit.  Some users will want QR codes and others will rather save the space.  Some users will want the Bitcoin address on the labels, others might view that as unnecessary.  I would think most users would want to enter a denomination to be printed, since the aluminum coins don't come pre-denominated.  I am open to any reasonable interpretation of what a user is likely to want.

muy bueno Smiley
Dougie

You are not special.

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 06:41:40 AM

I have hacked together a version where you can provide your own private keys: BitAddress fork dougie. The first labels are created based on the provided keys. When all provided keys are used, the remaining labels are created as normal (using generated keys).

You can input your own private keys (minikey or full key) in the 'Use these keys' field. The format you have to use is as follows: key_1;top_text_1;bottom_text_1;key_2;top_text_2;bottom_text_2

Let me know what you think. If this is a popular feature, I can implement it in a more permanent fasion (some better error checking etc.).
That's really good! Thanks very much for doing that. I think it is a very useful implementation, especially the way you've done it. Very easy to use. Now I'll work out how to generate loads of mini keys to find some vanity ones!

Lurking since 2011...
BitKoot

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 07:51:13 PM

That's really good! Thanks very much for doing that. I think it is a very useful implementation, especially the way you've done it. Very easy to use. Now I'll work out how to generate loads of mini keys to find some vanity ones!

You're welcome!

Considering the vanity minikeys. Are you talking about the private keys, or the corresponding public keys? If you're talking about the private keys: throw in a bounty and I can make a minikey vanity generator for you Smiley. I have done a quick test, and generated a sheet full of (private) minikeys starting with 'SBitKoot'. The page finished loading in a few seconds. Generating vanity public keys? That might take some more time...
Dougie

You are not special.

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 06:14:55 AM

You're welcome!

Considering the vanity minikeys. Are you talking about the private keys, or the corresponding public keys? If you're talking about the private keys: throw in a bounty and I can make a minikey vanity generator for you Smiley. I have done a quick test, and generated a sheet full of (private) minikeys starting with 'SBitKoot'. The page finished loading in a few seconds. Generating vanity public keys? That might take some more time...
I was more thinking the corresponding public keys. I was just going to let my computer generate some mini keys for a while and sift out a few 3 letter ones for friends so I can put the first bits from blockchain.info on the coins and show them how they can see their balance.

Lurking since 2011...
BitKoot

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:39:09 PM

I have made some UI improvements to the version supporting user provided private keys. By default the field to input custom private keys is hidden. If you check the box to use custom keys the field appears along with some text explaining how to use it.

BitAddress fork 0.5

Functionally it is the same as the 'dougie' version. I've implemented all the functionality requested by casascius and will leave it at this. I'm still open for suggestions/feature requests though.

I was more thinking the corresponding public keys. I was just going to let my computer generate some mini keys for a while and sift out a few 3 letter ones for friends so I can put the first bits from blockchain.info on the coins and show them how they can see their balance.

That's a nice idea for introducing friends to bitcoin! I'll keep that in mind.
dave3k

Activity: 147

Realbitcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:02:18 PM

I have made some UI improvements to the version supporting user provided private keys. By default the field to input custom private keys is hidden. If you check the box to use custom keys the field appears along with some text explaining how to use it.

BitAddress fork 0.5

Functionally it is the same as the 'dougie' version. I've implemented all the functionality requested by casascius and will leave it at this. I'm still open for suggestions/feature requests though.

That's a nice idea for introducing friends to bitcoin! I'll keep that in mind.

Hey, I was wondering how easy it would be to set up to print the qr codes for the public keys in the same style?

This way it would be posible to print the private keys then larger stickers with the public key would stick over the top (Back to back).

I know there are other way to do this, however think it would be nice built in.

Realbitcoin.info
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:53:11 AM

BitAddress fork 0.5

Thanks - I have played with it for a bit just so I could produce the photo below.  I found a bit of difficulty on the sheet of labels I had, horizontal spacing of the labels differed from vertical spacing.  It might be a good idea to make them two separate settings.  Anyway here is a photo of some coins.  There are roughly 500 in the bag.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BitKoot

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:43:04 AM

Hey, I was wondering how easy it would be to set up to print the qr codes for the public keys in the same style?

This way it would be posible to print the private keys then larger stickers with the public key would stick over the top (Back to back).

I know there are other way to do this, however think it would be nice built in.

It's pretty easy to add. See the link below for the result. You can now choose between showing the public or the private key on the label. You can also input your own public or private key (check the 'use custom keys' box). When generating labels for public keys provided in the 'custom keys' field, keep in mind that the Key pair list (CSV) will not contain the private keys.

Thanks - I have played with it for a bit just so I could produce the photo below.  I found a bit of difficulty on the sheet of labels I had, horizontal spacing of the labels differed from vertical spacing.  It might be a good idea to make them two separate settings.  Anyway here is a photo of some coins.  There are roughly 500 in the bag.

Great picture, can't wait to hand out some self-labeled coins to family and friends Smiley

I have added the option to specify horizontal and vertical spacing seperatly: BitAddress fork 0.6.
Bitcoin Grid

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

BitAddress fork 0.5

Thanks - I have played with it for a bit just so I could produce the photo below.  I found a bit of difficulty on the sheet of labels I had, horizontal spacing of the labels differed from vertical spacing.  It might be a good idea to make them two separate settings.  Anyway here is a photo of some coins.  There are roughly 500 in the bag.

https://en.bitcoin.it/w/images/en/thumb/7/7b/Casascius_Aluminum_Coins_bag_500.jpg/450px-Casascius_Aluminum_Coins_bag_500.jpg

How does my version look when printed?
https://bitcoingrid.com/jsprinter/jsprinter.v0.1.html
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:34:35 PM

How does my version look when printed?
https://bitcoingrid.com/jsprinter/jsprinter.v0.1.html

I will try a batch soon, that was a single partial sheet of labels I have lying around (hence my off centeredness, I got exactly one attempt), I'll swing by OfficeMax for some more.

BitKoot

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:59:03 PM

The Project: Fork BitAddress.org so that it can be used for printing full sheets of private key labels.

I finally came around to figuring out GitHub. I have forked your Bitcoin Address Utility to support Litecoin and Litecoin minikeys (smoothie could use it for his physical LTC project).

Would you like the forked BitAddress.org code to be uploaded to GitHub as an actual fork?
BitKoot

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:54:30 PM

Casascius,

Any update? I understand you must be busy with the launch of a new set of coins (very nice ones btw), and some patent trolls at work. But I would like a quick update.

Are you happy with the current result?
Can the result be added as a fork on GitHub?
Do you have an ETA on sending the coins?
BitKoot

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:48:13 PM

I received the 500 coins today:

Thanks! I'll be handing out some to friends and family to introduce them to Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: