Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get a static Bitcoin adress ?  (Read 394 times)
Kalistuo (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:56:39 PM

Hello,i have some troubles : I use blockchain.info to send and receive Bitcoin, but it has a huge problem : whenever i send or receive payment, my bitcoin adress change right after
How to deal with this please ?  how to fix this problem ?
How to get a static bitcoin adress ?
Kalistuo (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:06:34 PM

bump
JOSE2014

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:16:00 PM

bump

Bitcoin address is non static if you look 2 years before. Nowadays it will provide you the dynamic btc address in all the wallet providers site. Actually this is also for the security reasons for your security.
This dynamic wallet expectation suggestion was asked many time blockchain and they have added it. I don't know why you want go back to past when everyone moving forward.
Since this is a silly question only no one answer for you. Don't waste your time bump the thread. Moderators may close your thread if you do unwanted bumps and making thread redundant.
Wallytred

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:19:34 PM

Any address, used to receive BTC will stay connected to BTC wallet. If you don't change Your wallet, you can always send BTC to any address, generated by Your wallet.
BitcoinIsAlgebraic

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:21:56 PM

Any address, used to receive BTC will stay connected to BTC wallet. If you don't change Your wallet, you can always send BTC to any address, generated by Your wallet.
Blockchain.info by default changes the address each time. You can change this in the settings though.
Gasotard

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:24:12 PM

Hello,i have some troubles : I use blockchain.info to send and receive Bitcoin, but it has a huge problem : whenever i send or receive payment, my bitcoin adress change right after
Try to use a desktop wallet, I think that you may have limited access on your account so you can do certain transactions.

SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:24:55 PM

How to deal with this please ?  how to fix this problem ?
You can easily get rid of this problem, but after applying this to your blockchain wallet you won't able to recover your bitcoins using their Backup Phrase.

How to Do it?
1. Generate a bitcoin Private key. Use Brainwallet.org to do that as it's the best site to do that.
2. Copy the private key and go to your blockchain wallet.
3. Setting --> Addresses --> Import Address.
4. Paste your bitcoin private key there and you are done.

You can use that address for receiving and sending funds out of wallet without a change in your bitcoin address.
Kalistuo (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:25:12 PM

bump

Bitcoin address is non static if you look 2 years before. Nowadays it will provide you the dynamic btc address in all the wallet providers site. Actually this is also for the security reasons for your security.
This dynamic wallet expectation suggestion was asked many time blockchain and they have added it. I don't know why you want go back to past when everyone moving forward.
Since this is a silly question only no one answer for you. Don't waste your time bump the thread. Moderators may close your thread if you do unwanted bumps and making thread redundant.

Can you tell me why are you so agressive ?  why they are people like this here ?

Blockchain.info by default changes the address each time. You can change this in the settings though.

Thx you for your answer Smiley  JOSE2014 deserve a negative trust for his lies
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:29:16 PM

bump

Can you tell me why are you so agressive ?  why they are people like this here ?

Thx you for your answer Smiley  JOSE2014 deserve a negative trust for his lies

And an addition, you can use the previous address you used on blockchain.info wallet since blockchain is also a HD wallet, like mycelium or some other wallet where the wallet address changed when you used them for security purpose.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:32:19 PM

To avoid this kind of confusion in the future, it is best to download your own wallet from electrum or similar services since it's easier to control your spending and customize your preferences whenever you want to send or receive bitcoins in the future. Blockchain.info by default changes addresses whenever a transaction is made in a wallet. This is done so there will be an increased anonymity for the user's end which makes it near impossible to trace their future transactions. Do not worry though. As long as you still have your wallet intact, any previous address you might have used can still receive payments and it will be redirected to your blockchain.info wallet.
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:03:46 PM

Well Thai is a blockchain default of changing the wallet address after every transaction to increase the anonymity of the transaction and make it hard for anyone to track and get information about the transaction made ,
Although the address may seem to be changing but you can use the same old address and give them to everyone , the transaction would definitely happen with that address and you will get your earnings.

Their is a way out , so that you can get only one address ,
I would suggest you to use mycelium wallet app, they have an option to create a single non changing address account. This would help you to get rid of your problems of changing wallet address.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:35:12 AM

Just to clarify, a Bitcoin address should ideally not be used more than once.  It can be acceptable if you accept regular payments from the same group, but it's always ideal to accept payments to new addresses whenever you're able.

There are a variety of different security and privacy concerns for reusing addresses which you should consider before doing it too often.  You harm others' privacy as well as your own.

Perhaps you could try leaving blockchain.info's settings to automatically generate new addresses and then just manage the old ones when you really have to?
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:36:48 PM

I don't get it... if you want a static address then you can buy a hard wallet or create an account at coins.ph. Actually, my problem is the other way around because I need a secured wallet that changes its address every transactions.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

They work out systems at the sites to save you and the money. Rather than use extra addresses and transfer funds around, they use a database and keep the funds together in fewer addresses. This is not to hurt you, but to keep the cost down when all these fools do nothing but shoot coins from one place to another for no reason at all.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sunny1356

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:10:12 PM

No reliable wallet will ever allow you to always reuse the same address for all transactions. It is not recommended because it can weaken your security and make it easier for people to track you.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:11:31 PM

Just to clarify, a Bitcoin address should ideally not be used more than once.  It can be acceptable if you accept regular payments from the same group, but it's always ideal to accept payments to new addresses whenever you're able.

There are a variety of different security and privacy concerns for reusing addresses which you should consider before doing it too often.  You harm others' privacy as well as your own.

Perhaps you could try leaving blockchain.info's settings to automatically generate new addresses and then just manage the old ones when you really have to?

but heaving multiple imputs makes transactions expensive. and this is frustrating when you have to find all active or inactive imputs from time to time .
With some airdrops to claim coins you need to go back in time and is frustrating when you have multiple addresses.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Lukochuri78

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:16:14 PM

I think there is no problems in Blockchain.info . If you find an address from blockchain then that address is fixed only for you forever.
You can use that address if you want otherwise you can use updated one but your previous one still exist for you.
Hope you will be able to catch this point.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:18:14 PM

Well, this is not a problem. It helps to keep your transaction information safe from others so no one can track your transactions. However,  even if the address is changing for every wallet after every transaction, it is still associated with your account so if someone is sending any amount to your old address, you will still receive the funds in your wallet from which that address was generated.

However, if you still want to acquire a static address then you can generate a paper wallet and import the private keys on your blockchain.info acccount. You have to be extremely careful while using this method.
sunny1356

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:18:33 PM

Perhaps you could try leaving blockchain.info's settings to automatically generate new addresses and then just /hc/en-us/articles/207746403-Addresses]manage the old ones when you really have to?

but heaving multiple imputs makes transactions expensive. and this is frustrating when you have to find all active or inactive imputs from time to time .
With some airdrops to claim coins you need to go back in time and is frustrating when you have multiple addresses.
It much better multiple addressess and have a secured account than having single address system thta predisposes one's account to being tracked by others.
Hartisinle

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:56:46 PM

No problem use any one of this address and will work it is master address and change to save your account from tracking
Mrengage

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:57:29 PM

You can make it static like i do on coinnomi but the effect at long run may expose to hack because of visibles transaction on the blockchain network.

──────[ GlobeDex ]──────
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine | Affiliate Program | Proof of Authority ]───────────
─────────────[  TWITTER]TRADE NOWTELEGRAM   ]─────────────
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: