Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:19:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make money if bitcoin/altcoin prices keep falling?  (Read 1622 times)
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:58:23 PM

This is the normal process, the rise and fall of the price. It's important not to panic when the price falls and not to sell immediately. Usually it's good to have some long term strategy because bitcoin is still the best investment long term and it's wise to buy coins as much as you can when the price drops because after that in a certain period of time it will recover and thus you will earn money. This is the main trading rule to buy low and sell high so you should look at price drop as an opportunity.

malaj
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:19:07 PM

Yes, I will continue to make money from Bitcoin, Altcoin if the price continues to fall, this does not affect much of my work.
But if in trading, you will play margin, this is very good but also very risky when you play uncontrollably
If your earning method is signature campaign there is also a big effect for your earning, if bitcoin value continue to falling you will recieved small amount of cash if you converted it. All method will be affected by decreasing of bitcoin value even altcoin but we can take this advantage to buy more coins and keep it or hold it for long time and i am sure that when price are start to increase your coin start to grow its value.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:32:55 PM

This is the normal process, the rise and fall of the price. It's important not to panic when the price falls and not to sell immediately. Usually it's good to have some long term strategy because bitcoin is still the best investment long term and it's wise to buy coins as much as you can when the price drops because after that in a certain period of time it will recover and thus you will earn money. This is the main trading rule to buy low and sell high so you should look at price drop as an opportunity.
Well you are right it is a very normal process, but when someone who feels panicked they will not care to sell their coins immediately, they think to bear a little bit of a loss than to get big losses, they tend to think not to back up, so they do the panic selling

wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:55:12 AM

Here I can understand well that how the mind get disappointed when the price of the coins( bitcoin or altcoins ) get down rapidly .
Here we can handle every situation easily but we need a perfect timing and perfect idea to make small prediction .
Just take and example that the price of the bitcoin is about $4000/btc , and you have just bought at the same price but after you bought the price getting down then in that case what you will do ? , Ofcourse you will needed to have money in your hand and buy bitcoin again at low price to make the whole buy bitcoin at Average price .
If you don't have money in your hand then you will needed to do trade with your btc and make the amount more and wait until the price again get back up .
I will make money in this signature campaign, because if the price of bitcoin falls my investment will give me lose, no profit or very little profit, but in this forum I am making money and I will continue earning money from this forum. it is free to join and need non-investment to make money.

This forum just needs time and I have full time for this site. I don’t need to be panic about the earnings. This forum has given me the opportunity to make money as much as I want.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:06:27 AM

Buy and HODL as everyone does. If bitcoin and altcoin is falling and if it goes the dip of 3000$ then it is the biggest opportunity for anyone to buy as many coins they want because it will be back to where is stop at 6300$ or more. This is why some uses bad news and black propaganda to achieve they’re goal of decreasing the market price for this reason.

HODL
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:10:17 AM

Well you are right it is a very normal process, but when someone who feels panicked they will not care to sell their coins immediately, they think to bear a little bit of a loss than to get big losses, they tend to think not to back up, so they do the panic selling
Panic selling is dangerous, it really eats up all your benefits and profits coming in your results. Whenever you are trading, you have to adjust with the fact, and better is to swallow this ASAP that there must be bad times coming along your way.

You will not be going to get on a path that doesn’t involve any risk factor and much more than that. So don’t be panic and work wisely.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:20:30 AM

I don't know much about stocks but i know that in stocks if you think certain stocks will fall, you can short them and make money.  However with bitcoin/altcoin, can you short or is that not possible?  Also isn't it true shorting is very dangerous because you can lose a lot more shorting than investing in bitcoin/altcoin?

Shorting is possible but on certain pairs only that are available in the margin trading section of Poloniex. Don't know much about other exchanges whether they allow shorting or not. I have always witnessed that both (bitcoins and altcoins) never fall altogether, but it goes like either Bitcoin or alts.

I know when prices drop, that is when you want to buy because you want to buy low and sell high.  So what would be the strategy if bitcoin/altcoin stays the same or keeps dropping etc?  Thus its all red and stays that way?  Of course you could buy... then wait till it goes back up and sell to make profit.  But you don't know how long that would that or it could possibly not and keep going down etc.  I understand that if you want to daytrade, well you buy it at certain price then sell at certain price to lock in profit.  Thus if prices go higher and you bought earlier, you will make profit if you sell.  But besides buying the coin at low prices, you aren't making any money at the moment. 

My strategy never allows me to get into altcoins unless Bitcoin's rally stops somewhere. You will never see any altcoins go up, you know why?
Because even if they are depreciating in terms of Bitcoin value, they are still appreciating or remain stable in fiat values.
My tip: Never trade (especially day-trade) when market of Bitcoin is booming because there are just random pumps that take place in altcoins and others just get dumped.

So what do daytraders do then?  Thus daytraders are on the computer looking at the markets all the time etc.  So if everything keeps going down, how do they make money?  If prices keep dropping for a long time, then there is no money to be made right?  Or is there?  Because what do daytraders do if the market prices keep going down etc?  Sure you can buy a lot of coins at cheap prices but you don't know how long it would take to go back up etc. 

I never daytrade, but I believe that doing it at such times could lead to some exceptional losses and you should never follow any tips and/or bot signals during this period as I have also seen some very undervalued coins falling back to worst for no reasons but just due to bitcoin rally. The simple fact, when Bitcoin goes stable or starts correcting towards down, alts start to catch up the momentum and vice versa.
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:33:43 AM

The irony of panic selling is no doubt to save yourself not from getting more loss. The thing is we never know what will happen in the coming days. In addition to this, things don’t remain the same all the time. You should always hope for the best and you need to prepare yourself for the worst. This is the only thing which can help you in making wise decisions at tough time. Remain vigilant all the time.
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:28:24 PM

keep calm and don't panic.. patiencely, when the prices keep falling, that's the best time you can buy some bitcoin.. don't worry about the prices, bitcoin is fluctuation, when the prices are falling of course the prices will be rising up again.. maybe you just need time for waiting the prices up..
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:09:58 AM

Buy and HODL as everyone does. If bitcoin and altcoin is falling and if it goes the dip of 3000$ then it is the biggest opportunity for anyone to buy as many coins they want because it will be back to where is stop at 6300$ or more. This is why some uses bad news and black propaganda to achieve they’re goal of decreasing the market price for this reason.
Even though I know $3000 does not sound something possible at this stage, but I have always dreamed and wish that maybe one day some panic sellers can just please give me their coins Grin The thing is that support has grown stronger and hardly are we going to see anything that would cause a huge panic selling except something pretty huge that would be an attack on bitcoin really and truly happens.

After all, that does not mean we would still not have some people at some point get it when it starts dropping and bring back the value up.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 04:19:55 AM

So what do daytraders do then?  Thus daytraders are on the computer looking at the markets all the time etc.  So if everything keeps going down, how do they make money?  If prices keep dropping for a long time, then there is no money to be made right?  Or is there?  Because what do daytraders do if the market prices keep going down etc?  Sure you can buy a lot of coins at cheap prices but you don't know how long it would take to go back up etc. 
Traders have different approach in every situation, they may call themselves a daytrader but in cases like whats happening today when Bitcoin is on top of everyone, some would stay at the safe side by converting their alts to BTC and wait till fork is clear. In my case I converted 60% to BTC while the remaining 40% stays in alts.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:10:25 AM

When all the prices are falling,you act like a "bear". Grin
You sell all the cryptos that you have,wait for a while and buy them,when the prices are lower.The difference between the prices is your proft.
That`s how traders make profit ,when the markets are going down.Shorting is the other way,but you already know about it.  
Each Condition must have a certain way. Every trader would want to make a profit. We can not peg whether we can make a profit or not when the price falls. sometimes we have to look at various aspects in order to determine whether we can benefit or not in trading. Buying as much coin as possible when the price is down is not a solution because we can not predict and convince whether the price can increase again or not.
minerich

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:48:08 AM

Keep Stop loss - Target and stop when starting a trade: For each trade, we must set a clear target level for taking profit and more importantly, a stop-loss level for cutting losses. A Stop-loss is setting the level of loss where the trade will get closed.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:54:41 AM

It would have been so fine it bitcoin is not the only source of ones income in such instance, and does it mean the consistent dump will not get better by pump overtime, of course that will not happen, so, I would have just suggested one should buy the coin during the consistent dump and ignore it or rather face other business until a good time of pump.
cryptolk

Activity: 305

ENTRY Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

I really know that BTC  never fallen again due limited supply of 21. But it badly impact to Alts. Thats sad truth.

hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:19:16 AM

I don't know much about stocks but i know that in stocks if you think certain stocks will fall, you can short them and make money.  However with bitcoin/altcoin, can you short or is that not possible?  Also isn't it true shorting is very dangerous because you can lose a lot more shorting than investing in bitcoin/altcoin?

I know when prices drop, that is when you want to buy because you want to buy low and sell high.  So what would be the strategy if bitcoin/altcoin stays the same or keeps dropping etc?  Thus its all red and stays that way?  Of course you could buy... then wait till it goes back up and sell to make profit.  But you don't know how long that would that or it could possibly not and keep going down etc.  I understand that if you want to daytrade, well you buy it at certain price then sell at certain price to lock in profit.  Thus if prices go higher and you bought earlier, you will make profit if you sell.  But besides buying the coin at low prices, you aren't making any money at the moment. 

Here we can understand well that how much the problem we are facing in the cryptocurrency trading with the big flcutuations in the price of the coins to get dump/pump with high degree .
Here only those people can handle the situation who has money in Thier pocket .
Here I means to say that buy coins in small small amounts after every dump , Because to buy with down and down price , it is better to remain the average of the price of the coins ( but really it needed much money to handle the situation ) .
Second option is to wait until the market became stable , and find the better chance .
OMGyasuo

Activity: 149

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:49:26 AM

If the btc or altcoin price drops do affect you. I think you should give up this investment and start with another investment. . However, quit is not selling all the  number of btc or altcoins you have , that is waiting until the price goes up. starting a new investment when the price drops you will certainly be profitable.

BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:20:01 AM

keep calm and don't panic.. patiencely, when the prices keep falling, that's the best time you can buy some bitcoin.. don't worry about the prices, bitcoin is fluctuation, when the prices are falling of course the prices will be rising up again.. maybe you just need time for waiting the prices up..
I also favor your choice. If the prices are falling to some dangerous extent then it is not the right time to sell all your Bitcoins and convert them into the physical money or fiats. The best you can do in such a situation is that you must focus on buying more and more of the Bitcoin.

In the present you will feel some sort of anxiety and depression regarding your own decisions but I promise you that it would be a great help in the end this is because of the fact that they the prices keep on a fluctuating and obviously if there is downfall then increment is also a possible thing.

Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:28:44 AM

I really know that BTC  never fallen again due limited supply of 21. But it badly impact to Alts. Thats sad truth.

Agree.. Bitcoin increases makes altcoin holders sold and invest in bitcoin instead.. Then a free money in forking makes more damage to altcoin as more need to save bitcoin to have equivalent amount of Bitcoin2x or Segwit2x.. This altcoin even I have no intention to support it but I don’t know how to manage anything or I might need to go with the flow with most members of the bitcoin community..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:20:56 PM

I really doubt if anyone can ever make the mistake of panic selling except maybe for newbie in the game though.
Almost everyone have been able to learn from past experience that it is much better to HODL and even buy more at dips.

So, if any whale is dumping and trying to create FUD and then expect people to dump, then the whale should better be counting his or her losses cause people will be ready to start buying as much as possible.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████