Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:55:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Exposed?  (Read 2152 times)
Ljanesanti

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:11:36 AM

A documentary here in the Philippines entitled: FAILON NGAYON have exposed Bitcoin as a type of scam.
It goes like this: a callcenter agent guy invested on one of the sh*tcoins here. He invested a fair amount of money into it as a promise projection of 50% gain for about 3 months. After 3 months have passed and he was about to withdrawn the money, support system from that UK based comoany was suddenly became unresponsive.
Financial analyst said that bitcoin is being used by some scammers to phish for money from users through untrusted sites.
I think that due to anonymity, it is very hard to track down those people who uses bitcoin for scamming.
For me, I think you just invest amount ofnmeny that you can afford to lose. Secondly, just transact with secured sites and not fall for get rich quick schemes because most likely thisnis a scam.
What are your thoughts on this?

In my opinion that was a biased opinion given entitling the said business as a scam. Taking side or noting on the negative points or scenario only. Again, anyone who enter a business or industry should be vigilant , responsible and welcome on any possibilities or risk to face. But it doesnt mean that you dont need expertise or research along the way you really need to in which ever business you want to take. I believe it was on the investor side fault if he doesnt or dont verify the transaction he is entering to.
If you look in your email spam folder you will also find plenty of phishing attempts that all deal with FIAT. The issue here isn’t Bitcoin per day but rather dishonest people trying to find creative ways of robbing people of their money. Crooks always exist and you have to be diligent when it comes to these scams regardless what payment methods are used. Painting Bitcoin negatively because of it is just inaccurate.

Fraud exist period. They are living for it. They are earning and rooting for it. Thinking of ways to outsmart people twice fast as you think. One can never deny or eliminate such existence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:35:16 AM

Ted Failon of ABS-CBN just showed how corrupt they are , as we now in the philippines the Liberal Party has an alliance with the ABS-CBN network. They don't want a cashless society , they don't want digital currencies because they are corrupt. Liberal Party is alleged corrupts in the government, they can't take the government's money that's why they disaggree with it and exposed those fake transactions.
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:00:06 PM

Ted Failon of ABS-CBN just showed how corrupt they are , as we now in the philippines the Liberal Party has an alliance with the ABS-CBN network. They don't want a cashless society , they don't want digital currencies because they are corrupt. Liberal Party is alleged corrupts in the government, they can't take the government's money that's why they disaggree with it and exposed those fake transactions.
Do you think that in a cashless society there will exist opportunities for corruption? No, I think that the reason for their reluctance is different. Duterte a dictator and if the politicians in power it means that they support it. Why would the dictator free people? Bitcoin is freedom. So it will never be legalized under any pretext.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:40:38 PM

A documentary here in the Philippines entitled: FAILON NGAYON have exposed Bitcoin as a type of scam.
It goes like this: a callcenter agent guy invested on one of the sh*tcoins here. He invested a fair amount of money into it as a promise projection of 50% gain for about 3 months. After 3 months have passed and he was about to withdrawn the money, support system from that UK based comoany was suddenly became unresponsive.
Financial analyst said that bitcoin is being used by some scammers to phish for money from users through untrusted sites.
I think that due to anonymity, it is very hard to track down those people who uses bitcoin for scamming.
For me, I think you just invest amount ofnmeny that you can afford to lose. Secondly, just transact with secured sites and not fall for get rich quick schemes because most likely thisnis a scam.

As I watched the Failon Ngayon, like what they've said Bitcoin as a type of scam. Abs-Cbn was such a fool ever since out of 100% their News broadcast was a fake. Therefore, Though some of the people in the interview was A victim of a scam site. Known as ponzi schemes. Bitcoin is not a scam but it can be use by the scammed people to look for a victim and to run others money.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:57:31 PM

I just heard the news in facebook someone posted it from the group, it is so sad to know because as we all know bitcoin is now making its own name in the philippines but because of this it may cause again a fail of trust by the people in the government which is hardly to get as we all.know right? Bitcoin needs government trust so it cab be legal to it, but what happened because of one platform it causes again to failure of trust l.
Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:54:59 PM

Do you think that in a cashless society there will exist opportunities for corruption? No, I think that the reason for their reluctance is different. Duterte a dictator and if the politicians in power it means that they support it. Why would the dictator free people? Bitcoin is freedom. So it will never be legalized under any pretext.
this has a pretty good point, and besides this is economy and we all know that money is the one revolving this current economy of ours, and bitcoin is also a currency so there is no question about it that there is no freedom from the government i guess.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:35:16 PM

When I first heard that bitcoin will be featured in that show. I am so elated that finally more people will be aware on the idea of bitcoin. But when I heard that this was the reason, I feel so disappointed.
First of all investing in anything is a gamble and investing is not just on bitcoin. We have to be practical in investing, study everything know what you invest and be familiar with the words of scammers. There are alot of those in bitcoin field or not.
I hope that show does not just hear that side/perception, I wish someone research alot more about bitcoin.

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
OVERT
BOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄░░░▄▄▄▄░░▀███████▄
█████████░░░████░░░████████
█████████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░░████░░░░███████
▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▀░░░▄██████▀
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
ANN
THREAD
|Go-Overt
Powered by [banned mixer]
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:05:32 PM

What Bitcoin has to do with the scam happened with the guy? He didn't invest in Bitcoin but in a HYIP site. 100% of High-Yeilding-Investment-Programs are scam because they aren't back with any real business as promised on sites. Bitcoin has nothing to do with it, even if he invested through other mediums he ended up being scammed.
Bitcoin is safe investment and altcoin trading is promising way to increase money. But one has to learn how things work before wagering his money anywhere.

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:26:39 PM

The thoughts are obvious, the more anonymous the coin the harder it is to go after scammers. So just don´t put the money where it seems to too good to be true. I dont like to think "fiat" when dealing with crypto, but here i make an exception. anyone who is promissing 50% out of thin air would be rich enough to not be in this kind of online business. If it is too good to be true, it probably is... Don´t walk away...RUN!

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:50:43 PM

Ive seen that segment on that show and I would say they do only just focusing on the thing that bitcoin is being used on scams which that feels like that they are just derailing the viewers by showing them generally on possible scams to be happen by the use of bitcoin on those scam schemes.That guy is dumb enough to fall on those hyips all over again and again.Ponzi scams are common and bitcoin isn't really need to be blame but on those people who did invest on it.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:17:20 PM

that documentary has a right but not all of those who involved in bitcoin is a scam.  Maybe that guy who get scam is investing in not classified investment site or legit .  Which is not safe or not trustworthy investment site. I think he invest real quick without knowing about ponzi schemes. Lol this issue always happened when times that we easily fall because the site provide some good testimonials and false video but after that we repent because of real quick decisions. So i suggest to those who have no knowledge about ponzi "check the site first to avoid lose " which is you can put your trust on it By finding good comments or feedback.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:19:33 PM

Obviously thats not the first case to happen in the world of bitcoin or crypto currency. If you have to be successful in this world then you have to be on your own. You must stand up and do the whole research by yourself and must not invest into the schemes which are hyip schemes and try to fool others.

There are lots of opportunity here if you seek that by all yourself. What I mean with this is, we have free information all over the Internet but some of it scratch, garbage and you must identify it by all yourself if you want to save ourselves from the scammers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:35:35 PM

yes its scam in philippines that is true i have many group in some social sites related in bitcoin there's a lot of scammer and bitcoin is a tools to scam other by them i also try to think why this happening but in that social site when you enter they advertise a link first its have profit but aftet a month or a weeks its turn to scam
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:43:32 PM

I'll say so scammers were everywhere. but he had to understand that bitcoin is the next pyramid. And if not now, he would have lost his money in the future. I hope after that, the Philippines will also go to the ban of bitcoins and it will fall in price and popularity.
Be wise in investing! Soon bitcoin will shutdown because countries will be banning the use of it. Scammers and hackers will make the name of bitcoin go to waste. It is you scammers who put bitcoin down! Get lost! Let us switch back to ETh instead.

Even if the countries ban the bitcoins, people will still continue to use the bitcoins due to the anonymity. People should be more careful before investing the money into any online scheme as most of these schemes are for scamming. If someone fall into their trap then it is investor's mistakes who blindly trust the unrealistic and fake schemes.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:06:05 PM

The title is very misleading and paints btc as a scam, when clearly it is anything but that. Of course it enjoys popularity, unfotunately, for illegal transactions, but that does not take away from it the immense benefits it has, especially as vehicle for investment.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:09:17 PM

That was a third party and cannot be relied on.
The idiot didnt even think about that.
It is a simple explanation. It is greed.
He wants more than what bitcoin is offering to him and that is what happened.
If you really want to create more money then be sure it is a legitimate one.
Why they all blame it to bitcoin. Retards.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:16:38 PM

Not new and not a news.
They have always pinned it to bitcoin whenever the was said in a ponzi scam. It is all just shit.
People without someone to blame to will put it to something that had bad records and it so disappointing. I dont know if theg are paid or not but it is fake.
Clairvoyance

Activity: 412
Merit: 152

Perceiving events in the future and beyond

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:20:45 PM

The fault was always to be blamed on the one who is scammed. Why invest without knowing the full knowledge of it? Getting too excited for the promised return instead of verifying the claims. Read a lot to avoid scam as simple as that.
btcbrother

Activity: 131

🌟ATLANT ICO ENDING SOON🌟

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:28:17 PM

The only thing to expose about Bitcoin is how it is still used for illegal activity, although the drugs/weapons part of it has since switched over to Monero.

A T L A N T    ▀▄▀    P2P  |  Tokenization  |  WP
█ ███ █    I C O   E N D I N G   S O O N    █ ███ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   TELEGRAM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
passwordnow

Activity: 2926
Merit: 570

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:41:56 PM

Those medias aren't even thinking that fiat money can also be used for scamming people and mostly it is the money that they are using. And they only monitored that guy invested into a HYIP, they never get some intro about trading, mining and about accepting bitcoin for buying and selling products? No doubt that media is kind of a bias one, did they manage to interview a bitcoin fanboy/enthusiast/user or it's just an experiment?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄