Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:06:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC and Banks  (Read 1561 times)
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 05:07:11 AM

hello,
I was wondering if major and smaller banks invested in Bitcoin or other Altcoins?
I think they did but, the question is how? and with which methods?  Huh Huh
of course any bank will never say it publicly....
someone who knows something can explaine the community?
thanks 
I think there will be no bank that will invest to bitcoin because bitcoin did not abide the law of the bank even its features. And so it is so impossible to happen that bitcoin will be use by any bank all over the world.
I will agree to what you have said. BTC and Banks both are entirely different sort of things. They have no connection in between. It is because of the reason that Banks were meant to keep the paper currency and this is what they are doing. BTC is something entirely different from paper money, so it has no concern with banks.
Bitcoin and banks are related, both are ways to store your wealth, when it comes to banks you are relying in a third party to store your money, when it comes to bitcoin you are trusting the blockchain, it is very obvious to me what is the best choice and eventually people are going to realize the truth as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:19:47 PM

hello,
I was wondering if major and smaller banks invested in Bitcoin or other Altcoins?
thanks 
If a bank accepts bitcoin or any altcoin, they will take positive action, and the message will certainly be publicly disclosed.
If the banks will starts accepting bitcoins this will be a revolutionary step and this will gave them huge profit as they were securing from paper money all the thing is that banks should come to know that upcoming time is of digital currency and bitcoins so they should take a steps and start accepting it and then enjoy the profit through it.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:29:35 PM

I don't have any confirmed news about any bank dealing or investing in Bitcoin but yes, there are many such banks who have invested in Ripple.

Ripple works as a bridge currency between banks and countries which makes easier for customers to take the benefit of Blockchain technology without actually using it (XRP).

* More than 75 banks are now on Ripple's blockchain network.

However, it is a private blockchain network and ripples are issued to banks at a discounted price.
Yes,even in india,a major bank SBI deals with Ripple.Its even said that ripple was created as a competitor to bitcoin by some bankers itself.But just like other altcoins,it wasn't able to compete with bitcoin.

Banks see bitcoin as their main rival and the matter for what they were afraid of bitcoin has come true since most people have started to use bitcoins for transactions.I don't think that any banks would do such an act of investing in bitcoins.Banks have only accepted the block chain system and not bitcoin.

shuhei

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:37:25 AM

hello,
thanks 

I work for a Japanese bank. This is just a speculation, but Japanese private financial institutions have not yet invested in bit coins yet. Partly, the financial institution SBI invests in RIPPLE and R3, but it is an investment for the management organization to the last.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: