Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with mobile device  (Read 1512 times)
nareshrohra (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:12:46 PM

Is mining with mobile device a profitable venture today? I read a bit about this and learned that Monero maybe worth mining. then there's Electroneum as well. I wanted to know from other's experience.

One might ask why spend on buying phones. Instead get a PC. Thing is I have few old phones that I can't sell, I want to see possibility of getting some cost back before giving/throwing them away

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:15:34 PM

Not in Bitcoin. Maybe some alt coins have difficulty which a mobile device could mine but then you would require a client from them.
Zinkin

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:59:08 PM

Is mining with mobile device a profitable venture today? I read a bit about this and learned that Monero maybe worth mining. then there's Electroneum as well. I wanted to know from other's experience.
I would say that mining is not bad since many Crypto Enthusiast are miners themselves and on top of that it is an opportunity to do less work. You just need the necessary equipment for this, it determines how powerful your mining will go far.
One might ask why spend on buying phones. Instead get a PC. Thing is I have few old phones that I can't sell, I want to see possibility of getting some cost back before giving/throwing them away
I agree mate, a phone is not definitely useless also, it only have the advantage of mobility and instant accessibility but overall a PC is still more powerful.
Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:25:21 PM

Don't try to mine any cryptocurrency with your mobile if you don't want to buy a new one Smiley) With mining people will have to invest a huge amount of money to buy mining hardware but the amount they got everyday is very little so do you think you can earn enough money to buy a new mobile when you mine cryptocurrency with your mobile? I can ensure that you're not Cheesy. Don't waste your time with it Cheesy
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:17:28 PM

Friend, its utter waste to mine monero using your mobile phone. Because it will take years for you to mine one monero using that. For mining monero you should use your pc. But you can mine electroneum using your mobile phone. That's what the developers claim about it. Even its mobile wallet has got the mining feature in it. Its blockchain will go live from 1st November. After that you can try mining it with your mobile.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:21:25 PM

you can do this in altcoins only like you said ' electrneum ' , but i think it's will be very hard to mine and also very hard to get profit from thin mining , but we will see soon
greenpips

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:36:43 PM

I tried this on a modded kindle tablet. I mined approximately 2 cents of bytecoin per day. However this stress on my tablet killed it. So it ended up being a net loss. You can mine on an android operating system, but you will probably lose money.
nareshrohra (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:48:52 AM

I tried this on a modded kindle tablet. I mined approximately 2 cents of bytecoin per day. However this stress on my tablet killed it. So it ended up being a net loss. You can mine on an android operating system, but you will probably lose money.

Thanks mate. That's something I didn't thought of. Facing losses due to damage on mobile hard (incase of excessive heating). But, I wouldn't mind that. I guess, in that case I will treat my already abandoned mobile device as a "fallen soldier"

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:56:19 AM

Thanks mate. That's something I didn't thought of. Facing losses due to damage on mobile hard (incase of excessive heating). But, I wouldn't mind that. I guess, in that case I will treat my already abandoned mobile device as a "fallen soldier"
still not wise to mine coins from your mobile device as it will just break it instead better to sell your device then use the money to buy btc
that is much wiser thing to do if you are willing to let the device go from that you can start trading and earn from that venture.
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:00:28 AM

The computations for mining bitcoins might be too complicated for a mobile device's processor. But I don't claim perfect knowledge. Maybe they are referring to altcoin mining, which is less complex.

Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:04:02 AM

I think Samsung has already started mining with some of their old mobile phones, sort of doing re-cycling. But I don't know what much hash power it can produced though or it is profitable or not. They are just doing some experience to recycle old phones or course to become environment friendly. Monero has been breaking grounds with its browsing mining which turns out to be profitable. But mining with mobile phone, I haven't seen any reports yet.

EDIT: Here's the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2331426.0

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:05:55 AM

I don't think that it would be beneficial to even mine a Monero using a mobile device because that might even end really up to a year to mine one. If you can have a PC to mine for that then that would be good because it's worth than you just mine it on mobile because if that happens maybe your mobile would end up worse or being damaged. Just keep in mind also that if you are into mining plan ahead to pay electric bills that much.
thehero

Activity: 169
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:06:34 AM

if you want better use pc do not use mobile device, for mingng nice use pc
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:06:56 AM

I suggest you try mining other cryptocurrencies because people are using the latest mining devices with the hash rate of 11.5TH/Saturday and even they are finding to make a good profit out of it.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:15:29 AM

Mobile devices are just not meant for cryptocurrency mining. It would take years and years for you to even call what you mined a profit, assuming that your phone won't break, though it sure will within days. No one knows if mining electroneum will be profitable yet even though the developers claim it as it is not live yet, maybe you want to try.
WOW4U

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:18:27 AM

Mobile phones are not made for mining coins. The phone would explode if you put a lot of pressure. In the future i think you can mine coins, but now they are not that good in mining.

After a few years phones will be more stronger, but it is a risk though, because mining will overheat your phone.
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:24:40 AM

Why wouldn't you be able to sell them? Mobile devices aren't made for mining, so it wouldn't even be worth it to try. I suggest you just donate them to charity, or look up some uses of old phones on the internet.
quochuan29

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:27:21 AM

you can do this in altcoins only like you said ' electrneum ' , but i think it's will be very hard to mine and also very hard to get profit from thin mining , but we will see soon

electrneum  was a success ICO but i think we can't except much profict from mining

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:32:39 AM

It's unlikely to net much, but you might get something. I would never do it with any device that I planned to use in the future for something else; they need to be throwaways. They are likely to get fried.

I definitely wouldn't bother mining Bitcoin... you'll get literally nothing. Monero is the best option I can think of, and it's easy to set up with Coinhive. I don't know much about Electroneum. I've heard it's a scam.

I think it's much better to buy into cryptocurrencies with whatever amount of money you can spare, then trade amongst different coins. Mining isn't worth the effort without dedicated hardware.

Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:39:41 AM

I'm not particularly familiar in mining using your own mobile device, i bet youre talking about some mining sites that tells you that if you log in and stay on the site the device will let you mine because they are using your domain but I think its not real mining. You're going to need some knowledge in computer hardware and computer software in order to mine some crypto (processors, cooling system, video card and other other computer components that can give you some hash power, there are some platforms that can offer games and at the same time while playing, you can earn and mine some crypto (like the hashrush platform), and like they are saying mining BTC is quite hard nowadays so one must have to do some proper research and study in order to have a return of investment when someone is going to enter a crypto mining.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: