Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:27:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much did you pay for Your Antminer S9  (Read 618 times)
keep_it_open (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:25:55 PM

I'm just wondering how much did you guys pay for your antminer s9's

If you ever purchased an ant s9  or personally know someone who purchased a s9 please list the  the purchase price.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:42:57 PM

Purchased when and what batch?
I have them ranging from batch-1 early 2016 up to the last release before Bitmains insane effort to push usage of BCH by refusing to accept BTC or wire transfers. Prices ranged from a low of around $1,250 to as high as $1,500 direct from Bitmain.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:02:17 AM

Cheapest was around $950
Highest about $1400

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:12:33 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 12:30:07 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Cheapest was around $950
Highest about $1400
Sounds right. Gettin' old and memory and all that rot Wink
I forgot about the brief under $1k batch. I've been buying 100% Canaan Avalons now since Bitmain began insisting on trying to shove their BCH on us.

Despite the s9 failure rates overall I'm happy with them then Bitmain craps out BCH under the hijacked name of BCC

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
keep_it_open (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:12:13 AM

Those numbers sound awesome! personally the most I would pay is $1500 a pop.

Would anyone care to comment or pm me on a reliable cost efficient source selling the s9's for $1400 or less.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:14:12 AM

Would anyone care to comment or pm me on a reliable cost efficient source selling the s9's for $1400 or less.
Only place to find a price like that is direct from Bitmain. Period.

keep_it_open (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:27:33 AM

Only place to find a price like that is direct from Bitmain. Period.

I contacted them a couple of days ago and still didn't hear back from them.

I've been talking to a supplier that says he can send me the machines for $1k a pop, but my instincts are telling me I shouldn't trust him especially due to the fact he's not willing to do an escrow or letter of credit. The funds are stacked up I'm just having trouble purchasing them lol

BTW  Regarding your last post what's your overall failure rate looking like?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:07:32 AM

Read the Bitmain s9 thread or at least skim through it.
Bitmain builds/sells miners in batches with a new one announced every 2-3 weeks or so. Until the last 2 (BCH payment only) they typically sold out in hours.

Bitmain does NOT have any authorized resellers/distributors. Any seller offering an s9 for $1k or less is a SCAMMER or an idiot. Guess which is most likely... For reference, on eBay and such where you at least have chargeback or other protections s9's go for 2x Bitmains direct price and at least you have some protection against fraud.

keep_it_open (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:09:08 AM

Bitmain builds/sells miners in batches with a new one announced every 2-3 weeks or so. Until the last 2 (BCH payment only) they typically sold out in hours.

Bitmain does NOT have any authorized resellers/distributors. Any seller offering an s9 for $1k or less is a SCAMMER or an idiot. Guess which is most likely... For reference, on eBay and such where you at least have chargeback or other protections s9's go for 2x Bitmains direct price and at least you have some protection against fraud.

Thanks for explaining this to me.

The ebay prices are ridiculous; purchasing through ebay would take way to long to see a ROI.

Do you have any idea when the next batch will be available or If I can do a preorder? as I'm looking on their website and I'm not getting an option to preorder.
bussumseheide

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:35:48 AM

The ebay prices are ridiculous; purchasing through ebay would take way to long to see a ROI.

Do you have any idea when the next batch will be available or If I can do a preorder? as I'm looking on their website and I'm not getting an option to preorder.

Have patience, watch the website everyday. Also check their twitter acount for anouncements. Anyway, even if you are able to order on their site, it will probably be a preorder for january.

I paid 1200 last month, probably delivered in december.
keep_it_open (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:29:55 AM

Have patience, watch the website everyday. Also check their twitter acount for anouncements. Anyway, even if you are able to order on their site, it will probably be a preorder for january.

I paid 1200 last month, probably delivered in december.

Thanks for the advice I'll keep an eye out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: