Bitcoin Forum
October 13, 2024, 08:24:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Aegis DevCoin  (Read 3254 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:29:48 PM

Dear Ow.... too long that name.
Sorry, I cannot see what you have written. You are on my ignore list.
But, if you like, you can put me on your ignore list.

Monkey-boy slash - sir troll-a-lot, said to open the corporation in Wyoming cause there you can print infinite shares.

This is what I mean, this guy is like a child, literally.  Any corporation, anywhere, can print infinite shares, it's part of the benefit of being incorporated.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:57:20 PM

Dear Ow.... too long that name.
Sorry, I cannot see what you have written. You are on my ignore list.
But, if you like, you can put me on your ignore list.

Monkey-boy slash - sir troll-a-lot, said to open the corporation in Wyoming cause there you can print infinite shares.

This is what I mean, this guy is like a child, literally.  Any corporation, anywhere, can print infinite shares, it's part of the benefit of being incorporated.

Public traded companies no way!~~only Wyoming as far as i know the best scammer place to incorporate~ Delaware maybe close second

Dude, you're killing me with your ignorance.  Any corporation, public or not can dilute itself by printing shares ad nauseum.  There is no limit, just the filing requirements which state you need transperancy.

Which brings me to another enormous cost to corporations (although I'm not certain this applies to Bahama) but hiring the necessary people and using up costly resources to observe and maintain ridiculous laws such as Sarbane Oxley, that cost alone is prohibitive to many small corporations when they try to determine if they're going public or not. 

It's been a few years but when I learned about this - the cost to a corporation was close to $1 million per year.  And it's not even very effective at keeping crooked corps honest - it's just another ridiculous regulation. 

And the SEC is a joke.  Besides that, they only have the power to monitor and audit public corps and devcoin would not be public, at least not at this point.

And please stop making such ridiculous statements - I'm certain about this as this type of information was required reading and case studies when I was in school.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:09:39 PM

This is an excellent time for you to become a missing person.

Lol, you're on a roll, deadsea.

He sounds like a first year freshman.....in high school.

Now he's ranting about buying a shell.  As if that's a bad thing.   Warren Buffet bought a shell by the name of Berkshire, is he a scammer?  A shell is a good way to buy a dying public company as its sometimes cheaper than paying bankers millions to go public.

"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

But this is not what unthinkigbit is talking about.  He's not talking about going public, he just wants an offshore corp probably to reduce his taxable income.

If that's the reason then I'd definitely take a look at Ireland - last I read they have the lowest corporate tax on earth and it doesn't look as fishy as Bahamas.  The Feds are all over accounts in Switzerland and the Bahamas as that's where all evil doers go to dodge the government.

It's hard to know until one knows the reasons and goals a person has for incorporating - hence the need for a securities lawyer.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:18:50 PM

This is an excellent time for you to become a missing person.

Lol, you're on a roll, deadsea.

He sounds like a first year freshman.....in high school.

Now he's ranting about buying a shell.  As if that's a bad thing.   Warren Buffet bought a shell by the name of Berkshire, is he a scammer?  A shell is a good way to buy a dying public company as its sometimes cheaper than paying bankers millions to go public.

"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

But this is not what unthinkigbit is talking about.  He's not talking about going public, he just wants an offshore corp probably to reduce his taxable income.

If that's the reason then I'd definitely take a look at Ireland - last I read they have the lowest corporate tax on earth and it doesn't look as fishy as Bahamas.  The Feds are all over accounts in Switzerland and the Bahamas as that's where all evil doers go to dodge the government.

It's hard to know until one knows the reasons and goals a person has for incorporating - hence the need for a securities lawyer.

imo going offshore involves money laundering! =)WEEEEEE

You keep spewing nonsense.  There are many legitimate reasons to go offshore.

Apple et al have offshore subsidiaries which they use to transfer billions of dollars and thus greatly reduce their taxable income.  Apple has $95 billion overseas and using subsidiaries and accounts in Ireland saved than roughly $22 billion just over the last 12 months.  That's $22 billion in free cash, cash they would have forfeited if it were not for overseas accounts, the biggest of which is Ireland.

You'd have to be an idiot to not take advantage of legal loopholes.  So do yourself a favor and stop talking - you're embarrassing yourself.

acs26

June 13, 2013, 09:21:02 PM

I am deeply sorry for Owsley's spamming. I will be deleting it all today, and hopefully tommarow I'll get Aegis out of Newbie Mode.

This is the reason Aegis was created, so the burden wouldnt just be on one person.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO HIM. DO NOT ASK HIM FOR PROOF, HE DOESNT HAVE IT. IF HE HAS BEEN PMing you THREATS or FLAMING you, please do not delete them.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:24:27 PM

We just went from 4 pages to 3 pages.

I either went back in time or the troll just had most of his posts deleted. Ha!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:26:32 PM

I am deeply sorry for Owsley's spamming. I will be deleting it all today, and hopefully tommarow I'll get Aegis out of Newbie Mode.

This is the reason Aegis was created, so the burden wouldnt just be on one person.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO HIM. DO NOT ASK HIM FOR PROOF, HE DOESNT HAVE IT. IF HE HAS BEEN PMing you THREATS or FLAMING you, please do not delete them.

I replied to some of his posts thinking maybe he really wanted to learn something but he doesn't.  And given unthinkingbit wants to incorporate I thought it was relevant information to post on this thread as it's information most people don't know about and could be useful information employed by anyone who wants an LLC or a corporation.

acs26

June 13, 2013, 09:28:50 PM

The definition of "to give sb the benefit of the doubt" is: Regard someone as innocent until proven otherwise...

I cannot say anything wrong about Unthinkingbit: he is not abusing his position, ready to share the administration, seeking advice, collecting ideas, promptly helping folks out.

So, why should I let an unknown and arrogant passing-by  to affect my opinion with his childish statements?

II have a hint its about competition.

We just went from 4 pages to 3 pages.

I either went back in time or the troll just had most of his posts deleted. Ha!

Yup, I deleted his posts.

I replied to some of his posts thinking maybe he really wanted to learn something but he doesn't.  And given unthinkingbit wants to incorporate I thought it was relevant information to post on this thread as it's information most people don't know about and could be useful information employed by anyone who wants an LLC or a corporation.

Oh, okay. He is looking for you to flame or threaten him, and then to most likely try and report you.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:32:45 PM

The definition of "to give sb the benefit of the doubt" is: Regard someone as innocent until proven otherwise...

I cannot say anything wrong about Unthinkingbit: he is not abusing his position, ready to share the administration, seeking advice, collecting ideas, promptly helping folks out.

So, why should I let an unknown and arrogant passing-by  to affect my opinion with his childish statements?

Exactly right.  I invite any opinion but thus far everything about devcoin appears to be right, generous and fair.

And there is nothing wrong with incorporating overseas, it's actually a good option for reasons I've already outlined and discussed on this thread, should anyone have questions about that.  

It's all relevant information since we're part of devcoin, contributors and shareholder (to a certain degree) which is the biggest reason I was responding to our resident troll.

I hope my informative posts don't get deleted along with the troll's posts.  Unthinkingbit may want to read them as he sounded in the dark about the whole incorporation process which is to be expected as it's information one would not be familiar with unless you've gone through the process or learned in school.  Choosing the proper entity and executing on it can be quite complex which is why I'd recommend a lawyer.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:41:56 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 09:52:36 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Oh, okay. He is looking for you to flame or threaten him, and then to most likely try and report you.

I would never threaten anybody here.  I try to respect everyone who posts even if I totally disagree.  I don't like being muzzled and silenced by overly sensitive wannabe mod boyscouts - so then, in turn, I try hard to tolerate everyone else.

Like right now there's one guy in particular on here who is targeting finshaggy, a bit too much in my opinion.  Perhaps fin needs to tone it down but I'd rather have 100 zealous and eager believers like Finshaggy who has done a lot to raise devcoin and devtome awareness than boyscouts I've never seen do anything for this entity but constantly complain about one of our biggest contributors.

I think there's an ulterior motive there - there's just too much bashing done by him against fin for what I think is an honest mistake.  As I said earlier, my personal research into devcoin (2 months ago) also showed that devcoin at one point was valued at $10 per coin.  This was from third party articles I read.

Finshaggy may be guilty of being over-zealous - a small mistake - but nothing close to the lying fraud this one guy is making him out to be and definitely not deserving of a scammer tag or to be banned from devtome.

That's just ridiculous.  This guy is going way too far and probably is just trying to eliminate a top competitor for devcoin shares.  We need an open environment here - too many people here are quick on the troll trigger.  That's the best way to create a hostile environment for new people looking to learn and perhaps invest in devcoin.  

Let's welcome newbies not chase them off by telling them to stop asking stupid questions and calling them liars, scammers and trolls.  I have personally seen noobs get insulted and chased off.  That's much more damaging to Devcoin's image and future than finshaggy recalling hearing someone say devcoin was once trading at $10.

Of course this owersly guy is a troll, he's worked hard to prove he has no intention to be part of this community and has actually tried to harm devcoin through blatant lies and innuendoes.  This guy is a perfect example of what type of behavior needs to be banned.

tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:51:48 PM

Everyone please check that your earnings are in the list at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/account_24.csv

The devtome earnings will be up for a day, in case someone did not get earnings because their invoice is badly formatted. If that is the case, I will run devtome.py again for only that person. Also, every new recipient should check that they received 11 devcoins, which were sent for a final confirmation of the devcoin address.

By Friday, June 14, the receiver files should be made. Round 24 payments will start at block 96,000, around July 1.

What reasons would there be for not being on the list? I thought I'd formatted my page correctly. I've messaged unthinkingbit and still awaiting reply, also can't seem to edit the little bit of of the page which he's left that message in, I'm probably just being stupid!

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:tom
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:57:41 PM

Everyone please check that your earnings are in the list at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/account_24.csv

The devtome earnings will be up for a day, in case someone did not get earnings because their invoice is badly formatted. If that is the case, I will run devtome.py again for only that person. Also, every new recipient should check that they received 11 devcoins, which were sent for a final confirmation of the devcoin address.

By Friday, June 14, the receiver files should be made. Round 24 payments will start at block 96,000, around July 1.

What reasons would there be for not being on the list? I thought I'd formatted my page correctly. I've messaged unthinkingbit and still awaiting reply, also can't seem to edit the little bit of of the page which he's left that message in, I'm probably just being stupid!

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:tom

You shouldn't call yourself stupid - it makes you look insecure.  Give it a few minutes and some of the senior members here will call you stupid for you and then you'll at least look blameless.

At any rate, I'm one of the least techie guys here so wait for someone else to help you (MarkM is one of the best here) or for a response from unthinkingbit.

From my 2 months experience unthinkingbit responds faster than anyone - even in the middle of the night.  The guy either never sleeps or he has someone help him return messages cause it's almost always an under 15 minute response.  

Good luck.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 10:00:16 PM

Where Fin's posts removed or am I thinking of the "Devcoin moderated" thread? He's got a crazy post count for his join date but the guy just seems talkative.

No idea whats going on with alt coins atm but they seem to be attracting spam of all kinds and Devcoin seems to be getting hit hard with it, thanks to acs26 for removing that looser.

Yes, finshaggy is a very active member of devcoin, devtome and this alt coin community.  He's done more than most here to raise awareness. 

And yes, we should have a few more guys like him but unfortunately guys like him are difficult to find.

weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:54:54 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 11:06:36 PM by weisoq

Another Devtome request:

There's not yet anybody to formally do this but been starting to file all devtome articles as numbers are growing and logistically will become difficult over time as most do not categorise their articles at the end or by submission date so each has had to be skim read for subject matter/fiction (topic is not always clear from title). This will also make it easier to note new additions and spot any contentious work.

Would be a great help, a lot quicker and to everyone's benefit if each author could have a quick run through just their own articles and file them appropritely (just involves copying the article title part from the url (e.g. the bold part here http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=gold) -> finding appropriate category -> edit at the top and pasting to the appropriate part with two square brackets either side as the other links [[gold]] (and formatting it a little if you can for tidiness without any underscores).

I've spent some time tidying it up, adding categories and subs and going through articles one-by-one but it's slow and takes ages. Should now be fairly straightforward to find the right place for your work, and you will fiind many have already been done. Category only has to be ballpark, we can go through later and finalise, but authors know best what their articles are about (if you feel there's no appropriate subheading for your work new categories can be added in the same way as articles (without adding to your own page), I'll then spot the addition and link to it.

If you can find time to do this can you let me know ehen you have and I'll take it from there and work from the 'latest' which is now near complete.
Cheers

Thank you Weisoq for your good work!
What you said it's really important. Till now I did not categorized my work simply because I did not have clear in mind how to do it (not very clear yet). Please, could you create an article, maybe with pictures using for example imgur, showing step by step how to do it, possibly implementing the role that the word counting will be accepted only on categorized articles?
If this improvement is not applied right now, it will be very difficult to do it in the future.

Thanks
BUMP and thanks for at least reading it. I don't have time to put an article together at the moment - been doing devtome...but in steps:

1. Login to devtome, go to your page.
2. Open another version of devtome in another tab on your browser, in that tab go to devtome.com (the page with the topics section)

3. First tab: On your page, click 'edit this page'
4. Select (highlight) and copy the article text for your first one, including both sets of square brackets e.g. [[article]]

5. Second Tab: the one with the topics, find the topic that relates to the subject of your article and select it, if there is a subheading that's even more appropriate then select that. Once you're on the topic page that corresponds to your article, click 'edit this page'
6. Paste the [[article]] (that you previously copied) onto that topic page, in the same manner as those already there.
7. 'Preview' to make sure it looks as you want it to then 'Save'

8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 for the rest of your articles. You don't need to save your own page as you're only copying.

If there really isn't an appropriate category for your article, either create a new one or copy them in the same manner as above onto the front topics page, just grouped together in the correct area as the 'health' articles are for the time being.

The categorisation of articles has no effect on word count. Maybe it should though, that's an interesting idea.

For anyone who can't be arsed with doing that, could you at least put them under 'latest' on the topic page with the date you put them there, whereupon I'll delete them out of sheer pissedoffedness. Or I might file them, or if there are loads somebody else might. Seriously though if it's going to work as a wiki it needs sorting out.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 10:58:55 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 11:37:44 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Thanks WeisoQ, really a great idea!

Edit:

Looks like you already moved my articles.  I appreciate it cause I was a bit confused on how to do that.

But I did write an intro page and added my name to the devtome writers page along with the 2 other existing names on there, Balthazar and FinShaggy.

This too is a great idea as it gives people a window into your mind and personal perspective.  Every writer should do this and if I figured out how to do it I'm sure everyone else will too.

The first thing you wanna do is click on ''Devtome Writers'' which will take you to the page where other writers are listed.  Then click on ''edit'' and add your name (or your writer name) with the 2 brackets ([[....]]) and then save and go to create page just as you would when you write a new article.  

Write your intro (look at the format others used so we can have some uniformity) then save it.

Good luck!

acs26

June 13, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 11:42:25 PM by acs26

Right now, Aegis has 1HR+ of time logged in, going to get the other 3HRs in today (I'll probably be done at 10:00PM Central Timezone, America) , and start posting at around 3:00AM (Central Timezone, America). Tomorrow, look forward to the Aegis moderated main thread. (Probably at 6:00AM, Central Timezone, America). Going to stay up all night to get Aegis out of Newbie Mode.
----
If you want to help with Aegis, please P.M me, or Unthinkingbit. I'm going to need more help. Deleting Owsley's trollish posts, and also anybody else who trolls or spams the thread is tiring.
----
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:55:40 PM

Thanks WeisoQ, really a great idea!

Edit:

Looks like you already moved my articles.  I appreciate it cause I was a bit confused on how to do that.

But I did write an intro page and added my name to the devtome writers page along with the 2 other existing names on there, Balthazar and FinShaggy.

This too is a great idea as it gives people a window into your mind and personal perspective.  Every writer should do this and if I figured out how to do it I'm sure everyone else will too.

The first thing you wanna do is click on ''Devtome Writers'' which will take you to the page where other writers are listed.  Then click on ''edit'' and add your name (or your writer name) with the 2 brackets ([[....]]) and then save and go to create page just as you would when you write a new article.  

Write your intro (look at the format others used so we can have some uniformity) then save it.

Good luck!
It's unlikely I've filed all your articles as I was just going down a list to a point reached so far, so if you could check all of them that would be great. Only takes you a few mins, takes anyone else an age. Confusing? Just the same processes you followed to add your name to devtom writers except instead of [[vlad]] you use the exact text for your article instead.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 12:59:14 AM

Got it, weisoQ, you're right, it was pretty easy.  I got all my articles done.  This is going to make locating specific articles so much easier.

FYI:  I'm seeing lots of red titles.  I'm guessing this is because the title isn't exactly like the original title.  I think it has to be identical, including capital letter, commas, hyphens, etc.

Anybody who transferred your articles, check to make sure your titles are in blue and not red.  Red means it wasn't done right and it's looking for you to actually create a new page which will make it messy.  If you use the exact same title you don't have to copy and paste the actual article, it automatically recognizes it and uses the title as a link to your original work.

Just a heads up cause if people actually copied and pasted the articles python may see this as new works as the title itself is going to be different.

acs26

June 14, 2013, 03:52:34 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 04:08:12 AM by acs26

We're going to move once more, to the official thread. Aegis is fully out of Newbie Mode faster than I expected. Anybody that wants to help with Aegis are free to still join. Please P.M me, Unthinkingbit, or Aegis.

----
This thread will be locked when the official Aegis moderated thread is created, which will probably be today.
---
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:07:18 AM

We're going to move once more, to the official thread. Aegis is fully out of Newbie Mode faster than I expected. Anybody that wants to help with Aegis are free to still join. Please P.M me, Unthinkingbit, or Aegis.

----
This thread will be locked when the official Aegis moderated thread is created, which will probably be today.
---
Link to the official thread:______

There's no link to the new thread.

Also, shouldn't we close the new moderated devcoin thread as well.  It seems like half the people are posting there and half are posting here.  Not sure everyone got the memo or perhaps some want to main threads.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: