Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock bitcoins and stop selling. Let price go above 200$  (Read 3524 times)
linuxer (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:10:12 AM

Grin
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
areebmajeed

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:17:38 AM

I agree with you.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:18:31 AM

I beg to differ, try not to stock bitcoins but use them as much as possible for transactions with bitcoin friendly merchants, supporting them equal supporting Bitcoin.
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:19:23 AM

Thats just what i thought - why can't just everyone stop selling under 680 $ :-)
linuxer (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:21:47 AM

I beg to differ, try not to stock bitcoins but use them as much as possible for transactions with bitcoin friendly merchants, supporting them equal supporting Bitcoin.

Use them on sites to buy stuff, but don't do trading and sell them for 110$ for some days.
Cancel your current sell order and place a new one with 200$ price.

If even 30%people on this forum do this, bitcoin's price will rise and it will return to it's glory.
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:22:42 AM

+1
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:35:51 AM

If you are able to get enough people to do this it would work by definition.
But my guess is that there are too many people involved for this cartell-like market manipulation.

(I don't want to sell most of my Bitcoins anyway Shocked)
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:38:28 AM

first you should convince people to start accepting bitcoins, then people will automagically spend them and drive economy. until then: hold them and dont sell.
people should stop looking at mtgox price. if someone sells they bitcoins because maybe they have to, then there is no reason for others to sell too. If you believe in bitcoin and want to support it, then buy as much as you can afford, and let the price go up. Even speculating is not really good because you would have maybe less bitcoins but they would be worth much much more.

linuxer (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:39:29 AM

But my guess is that there are too much people involved for this cartell-like market manipulation.

Well they can't do anything if everyone start doing this.
and if someone even dump's thousands of bitcoins , people should not create panic.
zamazama

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:42:06 AM

But my guess is that there are too much people involved for this cartell-like market manipulation.

This would just create another bubble which would crash.

The right thing is as suggested, use them for services as much as possible. Every time a merchant blows their horn about doing so much $$$ revenue in BTC it raises the profile and might entice other merchants to accept it and thus increase demand.

For me a big win would be if Wikipedia accepted donations in bitcoin.

I have sent an email .. now if everyone in this forum did that, I think the price would increase.

We are trying to make it easy for people in every country to donate. Please let us know how we could make it easier for you. Send your suggestions to: problemsdonating@wikimedia.org.

tutkarz

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:43:11 AM

Well they can't do anything if everyone start doing this.
and if someone even dump's thousands of bitcoins , people should not create panic.

we could drive off those dumpers if we would simply buy up what they are selling forcing them to buy back for higher price. But there are some people who thinks about themselves only and join this actions helping to destabilise market which in turn is loss for everybody because it drives merchants away. Think more globally people and not only about your tiny business that is good short term only and only for yourselves.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:50:16 AM

Well i also agree with this, bitcoins increasing price and profitability created a big craze between peoples. If you look at forum's stat you'll find that this forum became 10x active and thousand of peoples,companies started accepting bitcoins from few past months.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:53:49 AM

I've read some claims by merchants that people spend more BTCs when prices rise.
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:58:08 AM

If you plan to sell at these dream numbers then I doubt the dream is sustainable.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:00:00 AM

I've read some claims by merchants that people spend more BTCs when prices rise.

The wealth effect kicks in, so let us become richer Cheesy
tutkarz

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:17:19 AM

If you plan to sell at these dream numbers then I doubt the dream is sustainable.

thats true but we are not talking here about selling bitcoins at all but using them when more merchants will start to accept them. The more merchants will be accepting bitcoins then also they wont have to sell them but use with their purchases. And the higher bitcoin price the more people are talking about it and the faster adoption. And the faster adoption the better because for governments it could suddenly be too big to kill Smiley

AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:19:30 AM

Use them on sites to buy stuff, but don't do trading and sell them for 110$ for some days.

If even 30%people on this forum do this, bitcoin's price will rise and it will return to it's glory.

Might work in short term but I suspect there are laws against any such collusion and it really will only work if the major holders agree to do it, and the result will be many people refusing to buy because it is over valued.

Without buyers it will correct, putting bitter taste in mouth of those who bought on way up.

Just let the market be the market.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
tutkarz

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:09:24 AM

Might work in short term but I suspect there are laws against any such collusion and it really will only work if the major holders agree to do it, and the result will be many people refusing to buy because it is over valued.

Without buyers it will correct, putting bitter taste in mouth of those who bought on way up.

Just let the market be the market.

it looks like you are confusing many things. there is no laws in bitcoin but decisions of majority. there is no such a thing like overvalued bitcoin because it has to have big value to be useful because of its limited quantity. and the last thing people buying stuff or transferring money with bitcoin might not need to even know its value because it is irrelevant when you buy bitcoin to buy something right away using them.

there is no such thing like short term better. the higher price of bitcoin and the more merchants the better.

medinscot

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:14:08 AM

you can't manipulate the "market".

if you can, this is not where I would "invest" my money.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:15:06 AM

Thats just what i thought - why can't just everyone stop selling under 680 $ :-)

Funny thing is: Buyers could do the same and just stop buying above 30$. And then?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: