Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:06:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest in a new ICO or just buy BTC  (Read 3580 times)
bakerlisa510 (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:41:04 AM

I posted this thread because I  have money right now and was thinking to like invest!
I wanted to know is it is beneficial to invest in new ICO, or should I just buy some BTC and wait for the value to increase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:45:59 AM

I posted this thread because I  have money right now and was thinking to like invest!
I wanted to know is it is beneficial to invest in new ICO, or should I just buy some BTC and wait for the value to increase.

For me at the moment, buying Bitcoin represents better value, an Ico may have potential and could grow and make good money, but bitcoin is the closest thing to a sure thing. Not saying there is anything like a sure thing, but it comes closest.

katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:12:45 AM

For me it depends on the person who owned the bitcoin, not all of us are the same which wanting to risk our money, some of them are scared and just keep it to their wallet for long period of time but me i always wanting to invest in other method to maximized the uses of my bitcoin and it could helps to increase my earnings.
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:17:25 AM

Buy btc before second fork.Date fork is unknown.

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:19:18 AM

I posted this thread because I  have money right now and was thinking to like invest!
Some ICOs do fail at the end and you may not get profits as expected. It is must to investigate all aspects of an ICO before making investment.
While choosing ICO for your investments, it is necessary to read their whitepaper carefully, check social media connections, idea of business etcitra before putting money in it.
Buying bitcoins was always good and still known as a stable trade option in crypto economy.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:26:01 AM

It depends on you, Honestly Investing is a BIG thing and you must learn what is investing first and the risks behind each investment. It also depends on what ICO you are investing, some ICOs or let's say mostly of it were made for pump and dump, so you have to choose wisely on what ICO you are investing in. Again, it may Altcoin or BTC , Investing has risks, know the risks you can afford.
chimcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:33:20 AM

There is no business without risk and for ICOs,there is risk of future uncertainty but remember that there no venture no success. If you have the money to invest in ICO that is a good business idea.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:35:02 AM

BTC is a steady investment which will take time to grow.

If you are looking for very HIGN returns - invest in ICO's - I have bought at 0.02 USD and sold at 0.89 USD in a matter of weeks on carefully researched ICO's.
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 06:38:00 AM

For me, Ill just do both Cheesy ,because I cant rely on investing on this many ICO's spouting alone since we dont know if their project really is successful at the end right? ,so we jsut better buy btc and hold as we all know bitcoin is really beast to its price.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:42:28 AM

I like to invest and get much more than just by hodling BTC so I choose the first option. But also I have BTC (and ETH) to diversify my risks.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:51:09 AM

Buying Bitcin is just like holding gold in your safe,price flunctuation will determine your profit and this migth take a while,but when you invest in a well research ICO your profit can be access in a day, I advice you settled down to research about a promising ICO,you won"t regret the decision.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:54:15 AM

If you have enough money, I think choose both of them is good for future. But, if you don't enough money, I think buy some BtC and wait for the value to increase, because I have experience join an ico but not paid until now. I hope you are successfully in your ICO Smiley
sky24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:24:45 AM

Many people struggle with this same question, to invest in a lower risk cryptocurrency that is established or to invest in a ongoing or upcoming ICO. My suggestion would be to look around and do your research before making a decision. There are many ICOs, ongoing and upcoming, that are looking promising. If you do decide to invest in an ICO I would recommend checking out Propthereum.io. They are an asset backed coin and expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time. Definitely worth checking their website out and giving their whitepaper a read.   
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:27:43 AM

Both options are profitable in my opinion. If you invest in bitcoin definitely within 2years its price will double. If you invest in ICO, then also you will get profit. But before investing in ICO, you should enquire about them properly. Many ICOs turn into scam and investing in ICO are really risky because we cant predict whether it will be success or not. But there are many legit ICOs like hydrominer where you can invest your money, if you want.
sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:28:36 AM

Better off buying some alts that are low value at the moment as most have bottomed out due to the fork. Will most likely see better gains there rather than holding BTC after it has hit a new ATH.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:33:01 AM

The price of bitcoin now is quite high so if you think that's expensive go with some cheaper alt coins that you can invest. And later on if those alts that you chose to buy started to pump, that will be the profit taking time and for sure by that time bitcoin will become cheaper so that's a good entry point for you to have bitcoin if you really crave to have it as your investment, since everyone prefer to go with bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:38:57 AM

I will not tell you to buy ICO or bitcoin but I will give you some tips and then where do you want to head where is your choice?
+ bitcoin it is a pretty good money and its price when i write this article will be $ 6000 but the current bitcoin market is not stable its price will fluctuate erratically if it drops to $ 200-300 if As you want to buy bitcoin in the present time should be the right price low make the decision to buy
+ICO is a recent phenomenon for startups who want money or big corporations wanting to create their own coin for internal trading. However, the ICO also has two sides if it goes exactly as it does. If it does not hit the floor and people are boycotted, then you will simply lose a lot of money.

rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:41:37 AM

Neither of them is good now, you should buy an undervalued or crashed altcoin. Bitcoin is overvalued and ICOs are trap, not good for investors.
indr01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:44:49 AM

Check this out : Pundi X
https://pundix.com/

They got Mr Lon Wong (President of NEM) and David Lee Kuo Chuen(Professor of Quantitative Finance. ZCash, Qtum, TenX, InfoCorp and OmiseGo investor) as their Angel Investor.
And great advisors such as Miko Matsumura (Pantera Capital, Evercoin) and David Ben Kay (Former founding member of Ethereum Foundation)

Reached Pre ICO target 14,000 ETH and ICO will starts on Nov 20.

Dont miss the shot Smiley

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper     Twitter     Facebook     Telegram     Medium     Youtube
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:47:16 AM

Investing in ICO is quite risky but at the same time it can also be rewarding, its like gambling but if you can find out some of the promising ICO than you can easily multiply your money.
For example, KICKCOIN had successful ICO but current price of it is just half of their ICO price in terms of $.
                    Bitdice (CSNO) token were sold at around 8 cents and now it is trading over $0.20 withing few months after ICO

You should be able to find the most profitable one, on the other hand investing in Bitcoin for longer term can insure profit without much risk.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  All
  Print