Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:05:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Shape of the Bitcoin Graph  (Read 115 times)
Pragmatist (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:19:16 PM

If you've looked at share price graphs, you'll notice that they tend to rise gradually, interspersed with sudden large falls.

The Bitcoin price graph over the last month is the opposite of that.  It's a gradual decline, with the occasional sudden jump.

Any opinions on why that is?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:22:13 PM

If you've looked at share price graphs, you'll notice that they tend to rise gradually, interspersed with sudden large falls.

The Bitcoin price graph over the last month is the opposite of that.  It's a gradual decline, with the occasional sudden jump.

Simple - large investors are slowly selling out. Be selling only gradually they price will slowly decline. Then sometimes a lot of Bitcoin fanatics - like the HODL'ers in this forum - think it is the bottom so they "buy the dip". This sends the price up for a short while.

Then the large investors continue to dump their coins. This will not end until Bitcoin gets down to close to zero and only the fanatics trade with each other for fun.
Pragmatist (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:04:19 PM

I'm not sure I totally agree with that - to me the shape of the curve suggests that there the people buying are buying in much greater amounts than the people selling.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:07:18 PM

yes, the phenomenon of bitcoin price graph is still unpredictable.
bitcoin price now is still very unstable, like the other cryptos too.
if we make a graph about it, it will result a strange graph trend
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:17:57 PM

Simple - large investors are slowly selling out. Be selling only gradually they price will slowly decline. Then sometimes a lot of Bitcoin fanatics - like the HODL'ers in this forum - think it is the bottom so they "buy the dip". This sends the price up for a short while.

Then the large investors continue to dump their coins. This will not end until Bitcoin gets down to close to zero and only the fanatics trade with each other for fun.
i dont want to believe this because if this is true, it mean we may likely see bitcoin going below $1000 this year
freightjoe

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:21:32 PM

i dont want to believe this because if this is true, it mean we may likely see bitcoin going below $1000 this year

Well you may not want to believe it - but even if you close your eyes, you will still be hit by it.
baikur

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:27:32 PM

I reported this whore freightjohn, I dont understand why he is not banned yet spreading all this fud in the forum. Large investors selling? Do you think seriously that the corporate clients of big companies that have 200-10000 bitcoins will sell now? What a fuckin idiot, someone ban him please.
freightjoe

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:30:00 PM

I reported this whore freightjohn, I dont understand why he is not banned yet spreading all this fud in the forum. Large investors selling? Do you think seriously that the corporate clients of big companies that have 200-10000 bitcoins will sell now? What a fuckin idiot, someone ban him please.

The clever ones of those already sold when we were still about 10.000

The ones who will lose are idiots such as you who believe that shutting up information you do not like will magically save your toy-money.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: