Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:45:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to secure your bitcoin???  (Read 245 times)
edsnow2017 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:01:42 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

At first I knew you are all familiar with the bitcoin so I heard news about people asking me how to retrieve their bitcoins that was being hacked!!

answer: you can't retrieve your bitcoin just move on because @ first btc transac was irreversible means  you can't take it back to where it was send!

Question?

HOW CAN WE SECURE OUR BITCOIN???

answer: first of all understand where is the weak points. You are the weak point of your btc suggest never ever try to log in. in some site that was fake(phishing) make sure that the url bar of your browser supplies the right url and it has a https:// or the green lock.But this is for 1st level phishing what if you got attack by spoofing???
so what is spoofing??
  Spoofing also known as MITM(man in the middle) where you are connected in the same network(public wifi) then he/she launch this attakc then actually target you and records all your keystrokes from your password(gmail o etc) so how to avoid this?? if you are in a public wifi or free wifi then there was an unusual pop ups asking for ur password and credentials then disconnect to that network and never login to that that is a phishing!!!

STEPS TO DO:
GMAIL:
         -Turn on your 2fa(2nd factor authenticator)
BTC WALLET
        -I suggest use blockchain because they have this feature block tor ip(usually use by hackers to hide their locations)
        -turn on your 2fa

NOTE:
 if you have questions or concerns just comment or contact me in my email edsnowdendevs@gmail.com
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:05:43 AM

basta ok lang ang gmail mo at at secured na din pati ang coins.ph wallet mo dapat may naka lagay na cellphone number para sa verification code.
edsnow2017 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:09:11 AM

I think that even if your gmail was secure you can be a victim to there is a such app that can generate Smiley 2af code I actually just did that Smiley eeheheheh
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:36:11 AM

You could also try not to let your browser remember your password when you log in your wallet (if your using web wallet) and detect key-loggers if you are using hardware wallet. 2fa's are SOP; granted that it is crack-able, it is still a considerably good for security.
Johnmercuryxe4

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:19:27 PM

we can't predict the future even high maintenance blockchain you use can't stop the hacker once they make a way to enter your wallet. best way to secure your money (bitcoin) is to withdraw and take to the nearest bank. kahit gaano ka pa kasecure pag may napasok kang site even walang gmail mo or meron kaya nilang alamin. dont underestimate the hackers.

prevention than cure.
Awraawra

Activity: 338
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:05:32 AM

For me I think secured yung gmail mo and yung coins.ph wallet mo, yun lang naman ang alam ko para maging secured ang account mo dito sa bitcoin at tsaka iwas sana yung naicocomment mo yung eth wallet mo. Kase karamihan ngayon na nababan at nawawala yung account ay yung naicocomment yung eth wallet.
Nikkobacaniagnas

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:17:53 AM

Ang advice po sa akin ng aking kaibigan na nag aya po sa akin na mag bitcoin ay siguraduhin ko daw po na dapat secured ang aking gmail pati po yung coins.ph ko upang wala na po ako masyadong doubt sa aking bitcoin account. Pati follow the rules na din daw po para hindi ma ban ang account upang hindi masayang ang pinaghirapan.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: