Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:21:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial Botchain Announcement - Blockchain for A.I. Bot Audit and Compliance  (Read 347 times)
robmay (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:27:29 AM

Hi Everyone,
Next week we will officially announce a new project, which you can preview at https://botchain.talla.com/  We are a venture backed U.S. company, with an experienced team, and we have gone through a lot of legal and technical analysis to do this the right way and run a very strong transparent ICO.  What we would really love from this group is some feedback to help us finalize messaging and issues before the announcement.  If you are into A.I. and blockchain, you may like reading our whitepaper at https://botchain.talla.com/draft-whitepaper.pdf

The basic idea is this - as autonomous agents proliferate in organizations, particularly as reinforcement learning becomes more popular, these bots won't always behave exactly as predicted.  In addition, many of these bots will be part of work processes that require certification, like SOC2, HIPAA, or something similar.  How will they be audited?  How will bot owners enforce compliance?  Can bots be spoofed?  When two bots talk, where should the conversation be recorded?  We believe the blockchain is a great solution for some of this.  Our vision is that every bot action creates a digital certificate, where that certificate is a hash of the state of the bot at that moment in time, and stored on a blockchain so it is auditable and verifiable.  Our top advisor on this project is the former Blockchain CTO for Ernst and Young.

The feedback has been strong, and we will have some early bot partners to announce, but will wait until just before the ICO so we have a longer list.

Our biggest point of struggle on the messaging is that, because there are so many promising blockchains, we want to start on Ethereum but intend to move to a new blockchain as we see how the ecosystem plays out.  We don't yet know which blockchain will have the right feature set for us, but we know the current options are limited in what they can do.  The biggest thing we could use your help with is how to talk about this in an intelligent way to the token buying community.  Maybe what I've said here is fine, but, it seems like many token buyers expect things to be well defined and this part of our roadmap isn't.  We would love to hear any ideas you have about the project, and about the roadmap question in particular.

Thanks
Rob
CEO, Talla.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rumpel_tusk

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:52:59 AM

This project looks interesting. I also appreciate you being open and honest about your intentions. So many ICOs do not consult their potential investors for what they’d like to see from the ICO. I’m definitely going to be keeping an eye on this project!
robmay (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:24:07 AM

To clarify some things based on questions some of you have asked:
- We intend to sell 50% of the tokens
- Minimum target is $15M, cap is $50M
- 5% of tokens will go to a governance foundation, which will have a Board consisting of 5 members who will make decisions about things that come up
- 20% of tokens will be reserved for partners and advisors
- 15% will go to founders

Why use our own token?
- I think of a token as an abstraction layer for a blockchain.  We know we need to move blockchains as they advance and improve, and so having our own token allows us to abstract that work away from our customers.  It would be a terrible experience to go to a customer and say "we know you've been buying Either to use botchain but we are moving to X and now you have to buy Y."  Using botcoins allows us to abstract away the underlying technology changes.  I think of tokens as a virtualization layer for blockchains, the way VMs are for servers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: