Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:03:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling BTC for USD Wire Transfer  (Read 172 times)
sexy susie (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:46:59 PM

I want to sell about 5k to 10k USD of Bitcoin.  5k minimum. I don't mind escrow, but I heard people buy user accounts here, so I was wondering how to tell if someone bought an account that had done a lot of escrowing.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Traderpolo212

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:15:09 AM

You can use localbitcoin it's work as escrow too
shdvb
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1001

Click the globe below to talk on live chat!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:19:53 AM

I could buy 5k-10k,how to contact you ?

Buy/Sell/Exchange Bitcoins|LiveChat|Escrow| WeChat:btcotc2014/Telegram:@mingxingxu,Email:shdvb@hotmail.com.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:55:01 AM

I want to sell about 5k to 10k USD of Bitcoin.  5k minimum. I don't mind escrow, but I heard people buy user accounts here, so I was wondering how to tell if someone bought an account that had done a lot of escrowing.

You should use trusted escrow listed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439910

And most importantly, be sure to contact the escrow directly. Do not use links suggested by the person you are transacting with. Do not rely on any copy/paste information provided by the person buying your bitcoins... especially information which he claims he got from the escrow.

Ignore any email or website address which the buyer claims to be the escrow's contact information. Contact the escrow DIRECTLY and wait for a response from the escrow. Don't allow the buyer to pressure you to quickly do the transaction or entice you to avoid escrow by offering you a better rate for your coins.

When contacting escrow, always check and double check the website address of the escrow's thread or profile page. Ascertain it is an authentic page and not a spoofed domain.

Beware of reversible payment methods. Avoid PayPal, Skrill and Venmo. If you are not familiar with due diligence methods, try to avoid wire transfers too. When taking cash deposits into your bank account, always check to make sure you are not dealing with MITM scammers. Check the deposit entry on your account and verify it with the bank to be sure it's not a check (cheque) or money order (which can be faked and reversed later if found to be fraudulent).

Beware of the "increments" scam. This happens when a scammer offers to trade small amounts first to show you he is honest. You will be told to send the coins first. Refuse this. Scammers will steal just about any amount of money. If they can't take an entire bitcoin from you, they will be happy to settle for 0.1 BTC.

Buyers.. follow the same advice above. Send money only after escrow confirms the coins are in his control.

someoldcoins

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:08:58 AM

I want to sell about 5k to 10k USD of Bitcoin.  5k minimum. I don't mind escrow, but I heard people buy user accounts here, so I was wondering how to tell if someone bought an account that had done a lot of escrowing.

You should use trusted escrow listed here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439910

And most importantly, be sure to contact the escrow directly. Do not use links suggested by the person you are transacting with. Do not rely on any copy/paste information provided by the person buying your bitcoins... especially information which he claims he got from the escrow.

Ignore any email or website address which the buyer claims to be the escrow's contact information. Contact the escrow DIRECTLY and wait for a response from the escrow. Don't allow the buyer to pressure you to quickly do the transaction or entice you to avoid escrow by offering you a better rate for your coins.

When contacting escrow, always check and double check the website address of the escrow's thread or profile page. Ascertain it is an authentic page and not a spoofed domain.

Beware of reversible payment methods. Avoid PayPal, Skrill and Venmo. If you are not familiar with due diligence methods, try to avoid wire transfers too. When taking cash deposits into your bank account, always check to make sure you are not dealing with MITM scammers. Check the deposit entry on your account and verify it with the bank to be sure it's not a check (cheque) or money order (which can be faked and reversed later if found to be fraudulent).

Beware of the "increments" scam. This happens when a scammer offers to trade small amounts first to show you he is honest. You will be told to send the coins first. Refuse this. Scammers will steal just about any amount of money. If they can't take an entire bitcoin from you, they will be happy to settle for 0.1 BTC.

Buyers.. follow the same advice above. Send money only after escrow confirms the coins are in his control.

great post
tinge

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:46:40 AM

Susie, would like to get some BTC, how do I get in contact with you? I would prefer to do it via escrow
sexy susie (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:43:45 PM

Hold off on offers for now since I'm more interested in selling through localbitcoins at the moment.
sexy susie (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:55:27 PM

What is the purpose of due diligence for wire transfers?
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:08:30 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 01:44:13 AM by warningsigns

What is the purpose of due diligence for wire transfers?

It serves two purposes:

• To prevent scammers from stealing your coins and
  • To avoid being jailed, if you value your freedom.

If you do not do your due diligence, scammers will exploit this situation by pulling the MITM trick on you. Scammers post ads on Craigslist, Backpage, eBay etc offering cars, boats, cellphones, laptops and other high-end products. When a buyer responds and agrees to buy, the scammer will (in the meantime) contact you and make an offer to buy your bitcoins. When you give the scammer your bank account information for the wire transfer and if you are not careful, this is where the scam happens:

Scammer will now give your account information to the person buying his car, cellphone, laptop etc. That person thinks it's the scammer's bank account and he wires funds as instructed.

After the money is wired, the scammer will let you know he wired the money for the bitcoins. When you check your account, the money is there but what you do not know is the money was wired to you by someone buying a car! You now release the bitcoins and you're happy you made a nice trade.

Well, happy for the next few days, that is...

That's because in a few days, the person who "bought" the car and who wired the money to your account will find out there is no car and will now contact police. And when police finds out who the account belongs to, guess who's in hot water?

That's just one scenario. Another is outright fraud. Scammers will wire you money from a hacked bank account and when the true owner later discovers the fraudulent wire, his bank will have a nice little talk with your bank... and with law enforcement too.

Another situation is when scammers wire funds originating from pending payment instruments (for example, a fraudulent cashier's check). Wires are quite quick while check clearing takes time. So you get the wire first while the check is pending. When the check is later found out to be fake, the bank will now try to recover the money and will check how the scammer spent it. Some of the money might have been wired to you so they will contact your bank. And that's when your bank will do something you will hate. They will freeze your account (and the entire money in it) often indefinitely or for a very long time while they investigate the issue. Most banks do not want problem-causing clients and the end result is usually account closure.

Due diligence allows you to verify that the person buying your bitcoins is the same person paying for those bitcoins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: