Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is DogeCoin even worth buying?  (Read 1159 times)
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:31:35 PM

For fun and tipping maybe. Investment? No!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 03:32:23 PM

Doge has a strong support line at 15 sats, If you have an iron balls you can play with Swingtrade, the price actually pump and dump between 17sats to 21sats. Current price is 18sats. If you want to get profit, swingtrade by buying at 16 to 17sats, and sell it 19sats. Easy 11% profit.

xux99

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 03:55:49 PM

Instead of the stagnant and technologically outdated DogeCoin, invest in RaiBlocks which is a promising alternative. It features almost instant and zero fee transactions. Its low market cap indicates that it can only rise.

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:07:07 PM

Dogecoin is not mean to be a good coin if you are talking about growth. Basically, it has not much development and everyone is just treating dogecoin as an entertainment tool. However, because of that, it is actually quite a great coin to buy and use it.
GetOutOfMyLife

Activity: 210
Merit: 110

Safein Community Manager

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:15:26 PM

Dogecoin is stable coin but is only for tipping(especially on reddit). So we can hope but not sure dogecoin price will increasing. Now we have dogecoin for gambling so much: Bitsler, Duckdice, 999dice,... etc. And they have a huge dogecoin because of decreasing price base Bitcoin. At May-2017, Doge/BTC is 118 satoshies but now only ~20 satoshies and dogecoin price is easy to mining so that the price can rising hardly.
About OP question, i think dogecoin worth to buying, but what for? Invest or Gambling?

Safein              A REVOLUTIONARY WAY TO PAY ONLINE   ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶ ▶
[ Whitepaper ]         M A K E   I S I M P L E         [ Google Play ]
_____________________________________ FACEBOOK _______ TWITTER _______ TELEGRAM _____________________________________
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:18:32 PM

I see a large amount of sell orders for DogeCoin, and from the looks of the Bear charts, DogeCoin looks like a dying currency. If I was looking for a "long-term" currency, DogeCoin is the one I would avoid...?   Huh

Interested to hear the community's thoughts on this?
If you believe it will be pumped again then go for it.
Buy lots of doge coins and maybe one day we will see it again above 100 satoshi.
I don't believe in doge coin and I think that coin should be already dead, but I also like to follow market and I think it can go up.
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:52:45 PM

Even coins that been abandoned by devs years ago get pumps.
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:10:30 PM

It's too late to buy dogecoin now mate. Wait for all the market to calm down a little , why would u want to buy on mainstream ? Patience is gold here btw.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:42:03 PM

One of the best use cases of Doge coin is to convert whatever coin you have on an exchange into Doge coin and transfer them to your wallet or to your

Other exchanges accounts when some wallets are in maintenance, because of the Doge coin price being somehow stable, you would lose less than what

You could lose by waiting for the wallet to become available on the exchange again. some times when Doge is @20sat you could find some other place

Buying @21sat, so it's not completely useless mate.
Ralph43

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:08:06 PM

Dogecoin is a coin without development, and should be abandoned by the exchanges.
thesosorr

Activity: 691

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:18:49 PM

I don't think that way. Because, very many exchangers still put Doge on list, so it's clear doge still worth. If not optimistic to hold, we can still use to speculate in market.
overlooker

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:47:49 PM

its a joke coin. you want to invest in a joke? dont think so...
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:07:12 PM

I believe that it's worth buying,  Dogecoin is a highly secure cryptocurrency, and its dedicated community helps to ensure that it remains a medium of exchange as opposed to a short-term investment. Its value has also remained fairly stable, although it was affected by the recent cryptocurrency crash along with almost every other cryptocurrency. The main concern with Dogecoin is its extremely low per-coin value, which stems in part from the extremely high coin supply.As a community of forward-thinking cryptocurrency enthusiasts, Dogecoin stands out as a welcoming and lighthearted group. As a serious financial investment, it lacks value. Overall, though, the monetary risk of trying Dogecoin is incredibly low.
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:08:10 PM

It's not worth buying or investing for long term but there are many faucet out there if you just want to earn a few dogecoins for a laugh. Just check out moondoge.co.in and have fun.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:13:33 PM

Many people are investing in dogecoins as Dogecoin's business directory boasts over 200 companies that accept it as a form of payment. Dogecoin also has an enthusiastic and committed user base, and holders of the currency have engaged in several charity campaigns to help establish its legitimacy.Under the hood, Dogecoin is essentially a proof-of-work currency. Dogecoin's main technological difference is its hashing algorithm – the code it uses to create the difficult math problems that power its proof-of-work scheme. Dogecoin uses an algorithm called Scrypt, which is designed to require more computing power to run than the traditional SHA-256 algorithm. Scrypt was originally introduced in the hopes that it would break the dominance of users running specialized hardware to monopolize mining, but it turns out that Scrypt can be run on specialized hardware as well, so that benefit has been negated.The main advantage of a Scrypt-based cryptocurrency today is that many of these currencies allow "merged mining" with other compatible currencies. This means that users of one Scrypt-based cryptocurrency can compete to verify transactions on multiple different currency networks at once without having to expend more processing power.
benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:01:34 PM

I don't think so. Based on recent trends and studies, dogecoin has a very low value and very stagnant. Maybe that's the reason why its called the "joker coin". Some studies also says that it is a dying coin. You have dogecoin as a cryptocurrency but it would be worthless investing it. Also avoid buying a lot of it because its value is very low. Of course it will increases its value but you need to wait for a very long time. You can use it as an exchange rather than an investment because of its very low transaction fee. Try to look for another profitable altcoin by doing some research and reading trends and news.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:05:30 PM

Has anyone noticed that dogecoin made a good rise in the last few days? it made more than 15% in just 28 hours, that is amazing, maybe it is not an incredible rise because doge is very, very low right now, and 15% means nothing, but it is good to see that it is slowly recovering from the huge dump that it had before.
But if i am honest, it is never going to recover at all, doge is dead, no matter what, there is no way that it could go down again.
Donewing

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 10:07:51 PM

for me doge is just a coin for transfer and fun..  Grin Grin
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:01:54 PM

I see a large amount of sell orders for DogeCoin, and from the looks of the Bear charts, DogeCoin looks like a dying currency. If I was looking for a "long-term" currency, DogeCoin is the one I would avoid...?   Huh

Interested to hear the community's thoughts on this?

DOGE's good for short term and day trading purposes but if you are planning to buy it and holds it for a long term basis, no and better find some other low valued coins that has real developer and legit projects on the process. I have invested in DOGE and actually I'm just using it for gambling and when I see some good + on it within the day I'm trading it. Be careful not to hold this coin.

all short term currencies tend to loose over time they are therefore also terrible for trading purposes

regards

Being a day trader, I'm only for the profit and I don't think that all short term currencies tend to lose all the time. If you are a trader that is depending on daily profit then you can't say that it's a terrible thing for trading purposes if you are earning with DOGE and with any other coins that you are generalizing. Are you just holding your coins for a longer time?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sharkvn

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:03:50 PM

This is a pretty good coin. It was listed on the big bitcoin trading platform. Its value is still low, you can invest in it. I think it will increase in price next month.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: