Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:28:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is safest wallet for altcoin  (Read 1675 times)
Kiracipher

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:17:34 AM

I think the safest wallets are hardware wallets such as Trezor, Keepkey, Ledger Nano S.

It's better to use an online wallet that allows you to use 2 factor authentication. I think 2FA is very good because you need two different forms of authentication such as something you have, something you know and something you are. In order to log you may need your password and your phone.

I also think Paper wallets can be quite safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kiracipher

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:28:46 AM

Has anybody used brain wallet? I was just curious to know If someone has used it and I would like to know what you think about it?

akash15785

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:32:18 AM

There's always a risk to store your BTC in online wallet. Though I'm using blockchain wallet and coinpayment wallet from the beginning. Smiley
akash15785

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:39:43 AM

Has anybody used brain wallet? I was just curious to know If someone has used it and I would like to know what you think about it?

Never heard before about this wallet and nope never used it before. But will use and let you know about it.

Cheers..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:12:01 AM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?

For me,the safest bitcoin wallet is litecoin because litecoin is a peer-to-peer Internet currency that enables instant, near-zero cost payments to anyone in the world. Litecoin is an open source, global payment network that is fully decentralized without any central authorities.

What?Huh Safest bitcoin wallet is litecoin?? Huh You cant send bitcoin to a litecoin wallet and vice versa due to them obviously being on separate blockchains. Also, did you just straight up copy pasted litecoin's definition from litecoin.info?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:30:44 AM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?
Im using coins.ph for now as my wallet ,Saving my btc here is safest way because I am the only one who has an access to my account.It is comfortable to use due to it we can easily transact in paying our bills or other utility bills we need to pay every month.
quedex

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 02:45:02 PM

As posters above have suggested, either use offline wallet (it can be HD wallet like Electrum, but Bitcoin Core client also supports cold storage and watch-only wallets) or buy a decent hardware wallet (e.g. Trezor or Ledger Nano S), which will bring convenience and security which will be difficult to replicate on your own as a new user.
fistteam

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:59:59 PM

I think coinbase or blockchain are the two most popular wallet types in the world and it is easy for you to trade on the floor. In my opinion if you are a regular trader then you put your money on the trading floor you choose a reputable trading platform to trade as bittrex, poloniex or yobit or in your country have Please support any floor trading platform
marty78

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:40:42 PM

hardware wallet is the way
sturec

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 04:50:45 PM

I suggest a hardware wallet.
My dad uses a Trezor and I am using a Ledger nano
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 05:28:27 PM

Well, I believe that storing funds on online wallets or exchanges is risky even if you are taking all the safety precautions because sensitive database like private keys can be compromised at the server end so it is never recommended holding large amount online.

You can use securely generated paper wallet or hardware wallet to store your funds offline. Maintaining paper wallet is a cheaper yet secure but non-flexible option and maintaining hardware wallet is costly as compared to that of the paper wallet but it is flexible if we are comparing the same.
maynguyen

Activity: 163

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:13:25 PM

I think you should choose for yourself the most reputable trading platform such as bittex polo or yobit .. or any floor that your country supports bitcoin and altcoin trading then you should always stay there because you often deal and I recommend that if you play a floor you have to keep your information confidential to avoid loss of account

pablopsantos

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:08:43 PM

Besides paper wallets and cold store wallet, my personal favorite is Electrum, a desktop wallet that has many security features. Please, check it out.
djimbim0

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:03:43 PM

Besides paper wallets and cold store wallet, my personal favorite is Electrum, a desktop wallet that has many security features. Please, check it out.

I also heard that this is a very popular purse. But I did not like to use it. He's very uncomfortable. But I understand that the most important is security and not convenience

spinach98

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:01:37 AM

Dear members

It is better with if you choose Paxful bitcoin wallet bevquse here it is easy to buy, sell and store your bitcoins whenever and everywhere you want. They also have over 300 different payment options for purchasing bitcoins from gift cards to credit cards.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:09:53 AM

I have got ideas thanks

Paxful bitcoin wallet is one of the safest and eaay online bitcoin wallet because with paxful bitcoin wallet it's easy to buy, sell and store your bitcoins whenever and everywhere you want.They have provide over 300 different payment options for purchasing bitcoins from gift cards to credit cards.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:06:54 AM

Dear members

I have get some btc today. I need to store it in online wallet, online wallet because i need trade it frequently. Specially get the alt coins.  Whats your recommendation about wallet and why?

If you want to trade it frequently, you really need to use an exchange. However, be careful with exchanges because there is a history of exchanges getting hacked, going out of business, or stealing funds (i.e. Cryptsy, MtGox). I would suggest keeping most of your Bitcoins in an offline wallet. However, if you want to day trade with Bitcoin and altcoins, use one of the better exchanges like Bittrex. I used to use Poloniex, but they don’t respond to support tickets any more. I also like Bitfinex but they aren’t serving US customers anymore. So Bittrex is the best one that I have used that is still a good exchange as far as I know, but this is not an endorsement of them or any exchange.
franco123

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:04:42 AM

I am not really sure because I am only familiar with one wallet which is Coins.ph. This is the mostly used wallet for Bitcoin in the Philippines and it is also used for other activities. It provides different services like paying the bills, transfering fund, cashing in or out in different ways and trading Bitcoin. I recommend this because it has been useful for me ever since I started Bitcoin. It also has it's own application and can be accessed anytime I want.
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:50:44 AM

Get a Ledger Nano S - put all your Bitcoin there. Don't Alt trade. HODL. Profit.
Honglee

Activity: 156

Start my crypto for better world

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:04:47 AM

No 3rd Party for me!
i would recommend offline wallet, control and guide myself, even higher fees,

Coinomi, Mycelium - my choice

"TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr"
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print